• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LAte games vs tough matchup - Rangers vs reigning champs Dodgers June 11-13

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I give the Rangers a B+ for the Dodgers series. The Rangers are a horrible road team and the Dodgers are a legit contender, the Rangers faced their top 3 starters and didn't start our ace, and the Rangers came damn close to taking 2 of 3.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 starting pitcher trade candidates, ranked

2. Kyle Gibson, RHP, Rangers
Aside from Gibson currently nursing a groin injury, it’s all lined up pretty perfectly here. Gibson is in the middle of a fantastic season for a not-so-fantastic Rangers team largely built around the concept of flipping Major League assets for pieces that can help them down the road.

After a difficult 2020, Gibson has a 2.13 ERA, 203 ERA+ and 52% ground-ball rate in 71 2/3 innings through 12 starts. And because he’s locked in for '22 at $7.7 million (plus bonuses), his trade value is as good as it’s going to get.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 starting pitcher trade candidates, ranked

2. Kyle Gibson, RHP, Rangers
Aside from Gibson currently nursing a groin injury, it’s all lined up pretty perfectly here. Gibson is in the middle of a fantastic season for a not-so-fantastic Rangers team largely built around the concept of flipping Major League assets for pieces that can help them down the road.

After a difficult 2020, Gibson has a 2.13 ERA, 203 ERA+ and 52% ground-ball rate in 71 2/3 innings through 12 starts. And because he’s locked in for '22 at $7.7 million (plus bonuses), his trade value is as good as it’s going to get.
It would seem like a certainty, but the Rangers have tended to disagree with other teams regarding the value of veterans who the Rangers have available. When it isn't within a year of the veteran walking, the Rangers tend to chose to hold on rather than trade them below what they perceive as the value of the veteran. Hopefully, something gets done with Gibson.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate late games and off days.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I give the Rangers a B+ for the Dodgers series. The Rangers are a horrible road team and the Dodgers are a legit contender, the Rangers faced their top 3 starters and didn't start our ace, and the Rangers came damn close to taking 2 of 3.
I kinda fall in line with your B+. Not long a go I mentioned how many games we lost by only one or two runs. A hit here or there and we may have been looking at an A- team. Not saying we were ever going to be a top notch team but we would have a little less to do if we had gotten one of those timely hits. Fun to dream!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem like a certainty, but the Rangers have tended to disagree with other teams regarding the value of veterans who the Rangers have available. When it isn't within a year of the veteran walking, the Rangers tend to chose to hold on rather than trade them below what they perceive as the value of the veteran. Hopefully, something gets done with Gibson.
They've already shown themselves capable this year of going outside their normal ways of doing things in the past; trading fan favorite Andrus, releasing Odor & Davis and eating sunk costs, going with younger players, etc...

So hopefully those trends can continue

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've already shown themselves capable this year of going outside their normal ways of doing things in the past; trading fan favorite Andrus, releasing Odor & Davis and eating sunk costs, going with younger players, etc...

So hopefully those trends can continue
True. And, hopefully, not letting veterans go for less than their value in the past, will cause other teams not to try that to the extent they have in the past.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yosy Galan's another guy I want to hear more about​

Galan signed in October of 2020 as a 19-year-old, but he’s already a backfield legend in Arizona. He hit a ball over the Rangers’ hitting facility beyond the left field wall, a shot that the on-site TrackMan estimated at about 500 feet. Galan has a god-like physique and when he swings his front foot opens up, which lets him clear his hips and pull the ball with gigantic power for his age. He made the other players in Extended look like children in their uniforms. Other than the present raw power and future raw projection, though, there’s not a lot about Galan that’s clear right now, and he’s behind the developmental curve because of how old he was when he signed. He’s a prospect of extreme variance.
Posted by MikeEl on Jun 14, 2021 | 4:58 PM

He's #35 on Fangraphs...

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s so funny how much shit I took for hating on Mitch, but I feel like with the kind of team we had at the time, he was the weak link in our team / offense. Most World Series contenders in those days had bad asses with numbers like pujols or something similar to it at first base and Mitch just wasn’t up there.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s so funny how much shit I took for hating on Mitch, but I feel like with the kind of team we had at the time, he was the weak link in our team / offense. Most World Series contenders in those days had bad asses with numbers like pujols or something similar to it at first base and Mitch just wasn’t up there.
That is your opinion and you seem to stand alone.