• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last time you Lol'd at Michigan?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I remember Michigan fans arguing it was better to go to a third rate bowl game and winning rather than getting trucked in the playoffs.

Funny, because that exactly what ATF is arguing here.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are literally wrong about what he is arguing.

No, no I’m not. He is arguing Ohio St had a better tournament showing because they beat a 6 seed and lost to a 3 seed compared to Michigan’s beating two double digit seeds then getting crushed by a 3 seed. Anyone with a brain (you aren’t stupid that includes you) can see its bettter to advance farther than not. That is this whole argument.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no I’m not. He is arguing Ohio St had a better tournament showing because they beat a 6 seed and lost to a 3 seed compared to Michigan’s beating two double digit seeds then getting crushed by a 3 seed. Anyone with a brain (you aren’t stupid that includes you) can see its bettter to advance farther than not. That is this whole argument.
Your Bama, OK example is literally different than this post. You are all over trying to make a point

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as I said expectations were high especially for a team that went to the championship game last year. They underachieved in setting a low scoring record for the tourney
Expectations were low. See pre season rankings

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: It is not more impressive to land in the round of 32 than the round of 16. A point you continue to argue because it involves Ohio state. Color me shocked.

Perhaps I should have specified. What you are arguing is Oklahoma had a better playoff showing than Alabama because they lost by less than Alabama did. Literally that is what you are arguing. Who argues that? Only you.
Wait... do you think michigan faced Ohio State in the tournament and beat them? Because Oklahoma faced Alabama and lost by a lot. This is a really, really bad comparison.

I understand why you think it's better to beat two crappy teams than one pretty good team. You're a WVU fan, it's all you guys can do.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Bama, OK example is literally different than this post. You are all over trying to make a point

He is literally making the point that because Ohio state lost by less they had a better tournament even though they didn’t make it farther. That is the example I am using.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... do you think michigan faced Ohio State in the tournament and beat them? Because Oklahoma faced Alabama and lost by a lot. This is a really, really bad comparison.

I understand why you think it's better to beat two crappy teams than one pretty good team. You're a WVU fan, it's all you guys can do.

Ok, then take Notre Dame. You are arguing Notre Dame had a better playoff showing then Alabama because they lost by less to Clemson. An their expectations were less. That’s ridiculous.

Your last paragraph is the example of a loser mentality. You’d rather lose than win. I’m surprised you wrote that.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations were low. See pre season rankings
Preseason maybe, but not after the regular season and the B1G tourney. Hopes were up just like with the football team last year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michigan beat two double digit seeds, while Ohio State beat a 6-seed that just won the Big 12 tournament and was a trendy pick to make a run. I'd say that's more impressive.

OSU lost to a 3 seed, just like michigan did, except our game was significantly more competitive. It was a single-digit deficit for OSU with just over a minute left, while michigan was down double digits for the entire second half and lost by more than OSU did.

Pretty simple, really.

Beating UF by 15 is better than beating ISU by 3. Both Michigan and OSU got beat bad in their loss. Also, it's dumb to hold it against a team for playing a 15 seed because they had a great season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then take Notre Dame. You are arguing Notre Dame had a better playoff showing then Alabama because they lost by less to Clemson. An their expectations were less. That’s ridiculous.

Your last paragraph is the example of a loser mentality. You’d rather lose than win. I’m surprised you wrote that.
Did Notre Dame beat anyone in the playoff, let alone a team that they were an underdog to? Did Bama beat Tulane and Vanderbilt before facing Clemson? Man, this was a horrible argument on your part. It began unraveling the moment you posted it.

I don't have that mentality, you've pulled that from nowhere.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating UF by 15 is better than beating ISU by 3. Both Michigan and OSU got beat bad in their loss. Also, it's dumb to hold it against a team for playing a 15 seed because they had a great season.
Dude I'm having fun with this, leave me alone.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Notre Dame beat anyone in the playoff, let alone a team that they were an underdog to? Did Bama beat Tulane and Vanderbilt before facing Clemson? Man, this was a horrible argument on your part. It began unraveling the moment you posted it.

I don't have that mentality, you've pulled that from nowhere.

Ohh no no no. You lost this arguemnt the moment you stated OSU had a better tournament showing. My reasons for ND under your logic were the exact same (expectations and margin of defeat) that you used to make the ridiculous statement you did. Just because you can’t defend it doesn’t mean anything is unraveling on my side.

You are indirectly stating you’d rather win one game and lose the next respectably than win 2 games and get blown the fuck out in the 3rd. Who freaking does that? A loser or someone with loser mentality does.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh okay, my bad. I thought you were being serious.

Don’t let him fool you. We both know he meant every word of it when he said OSU had a better showing. He’s just trying to save face now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh no no no. You lost this arguemnt the moment you stated OSU had a better tournament showing. My reasons for ND under your logic were the exact same (expectations and margin of defeat) that you used to make the ridiculous statement you did. Just because you can’t defend it doesn’t mean anything is unraveling on my side.

You are indirectly stating you’d rather win one game and lose the next respectably than win 2 games and get blown the fuck out in the 3rd. Who freaking does that? A loser or someone with loser mentality does.
LOL good try fella. I see you conveniently left out that part about OSU beating a stronger seeded team than any michigan beat, but that would just continue to cause your argument to unravel further.

Keep stretching, though.

:dhd:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL good try fella. I see you conveniently left out that part about OSU beating a stronger seeded team than any michigan beat, but that would just continue to cause your argument to unravel further.

Keep stretching, though.

:dhd:

I see you conveniently left out the part where Michigan still went farther than Ohio state. But that would totally destroy your argument.

Not stretching anything. You have argued in here you would rather win win and lose one respectably than win 2 and get blown out in the third. Any response to this?

Or are you just joking around?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you conveniently left out the part where Michigan still went farther than Ohio state. But that would totally destroy your argument.

Not stretching anything. You have argued in here you would rather win win and lose one respectably than win 2 and get blown out in the third. Any response to this?

Or are you just joking around?
They got further due to facing weaker competition. Hence why I said I'm more impressed by a team who beats a solid FBS team than an FCS team and shit FBS team. It's why UCF was left out of the playoff the last two years. More wins, not as much quality. Going into bowl season in 2017, would you have rather been Alabama (11-1) or UCF (12-0)? I guess those national champion Crimson Tide just had a loser's mentality. :noidea:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got further due to facing weaker competition. Hence why I said I'm more impressed by a team who beats a solid FBS team than an FCS team and shit FBS team. It's why UCF was left out of the playoff the last two years. More wins, not as much quality. Going into bowl season in 2017, would you have rather been Alabama (11-1) or UCF (12-0)? I guess those national champion Crimson Tide just had a loser's mentality. :noidea:

Which they could not help. They don’t get to decide who to play. An you are using an entirely different model. Use the ones that already made the playoffs. Who had a better playoff last year Alabama or Notre Dame?

But anyone would be kidding themselves that it’s better to win one and then lose one compared to winning two and losing one. That is a loser mentality. In no way, shape or form did OSU’s tournament top Michigan’s. It’s not shocking you won’t admit that though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which they could not help. They don’t get to decide who to play. An you are using an entirely different model. Use the ones that already made the playoffs. Who had a better playoff last year Alabama or Notre Dame?

But anyone would be kidding themselves that it’s better to win one and then lose one compared to winning two and losing one. That is a loser mentality. In no way, shape or form did OSU’s tournament top Michigan’s. It’s not shocking you won’t admit that though.
Going into bowl season in 2017, would you have rather been Alabama (11-1) or UCF (12-0)?