• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Game of Season: Rams at Seahags

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SeaHAWKS (not "Hags" as some of you more immature and ignorant put it) will see you again next year for more hard hitting.

hey im pretty sure even team has a rival name to go with it. (whiners, hags, lambs...cards need something)
im just sticken to tradition :lame:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No "backhanded compliment". If you didn't do it, then I have no problem with you personally. If a specific individual throws around crap like Seacocks, Seahags, Seahacks, Whiners, Vaginers, Lambs, Lames, "insert derogatory insult here" etc. etc. then I will call that person immature and ignorant.

I came here and gave an honest congrats to the Rams for having a good season and an up and coming team. I don't think that I was trolling at all, but if you don't like it then report me.

FYI: Retro made a big deal about proving where Deacon Jones ever trash talked, so I provided the proof that HE ASKED FOR. Trying to deny that Deacon Jones talked trash is absolutely ridiculous. He was the most well known trash talker of his entire era! And he was still a great player so I don't know why you are so upset over the implication.
No one here on the Rams boards gives a rat ass if you have a problem with any of us calling your team the Seahags.

You're on the Rams boards, capiche?

By the way pal, proof is factual evidence and what you've listed here is subjective evidence.

So get a clue!

Oh and you are trolling and you well know it.

If not, you should probably go and look up some of the words you use before you post on our boards again so you can understand what they actually mean and not look like a trolling dick.

Now beat it or stop acting like a douchebag!

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh this is rich jakedog. You come on this board claiming an issue was directed at you when SonnyCID initiated a comment about being shocked that I would refer to Sherman as a trash-talking player and have such a problem with it when the guy in my avatar practically "invented" it.

I find it hypocritical to complain about people calling the Seahawks "Seahags" and the like and then call me immature and ignorant in the same vein when neither is true because I saw many of those players play the game in person and many trashed talked even back then. You make these charges without ever having exchanged even a modicum of board conversational transactions anywhere on SportsHoopla with me which I find offensive to say the least. In essence what you did would definitely indicate that what you accuse me of is a self-imposed indictment of the very same.

Sonny never answered my question about his extent of his lifespan and I am fairly certain (as your response indicates) that both of you haven't lived long enough to know much football except what you read from articles that anyone can dig up somewhere on the internet. Since SonnyCID did not return and you have taken up this issue in this back-handed approach, I can state that the articles you have supplied contain several bits of misinformation.

Since you are so knowledgeable, why don't you tell me what those are from say personal experience? How many guys that you know of in the 60's, 70's, and 80's talked trashed on the football field? How many of these players did you see personally in a game? Did Dick Butkus? How about Bubba Smith? How about Chuck Bednarik or Mike Ditka? How about Ray Nitschke, Night-Train Lane, or Norm Van Brocklin? What about Jack Lambert or Willie Lanier? Let's get a little closer to your era. How about Jack Youngblood or Dan Dierdorf or Michael Strahan or say a Ray Lewis? Just because you read an article stating that somebody claims that Deacon Jones "invented" trash talking and accept it as gospel tells me you are basically full of fertilizer and can't see things beyond the nose on your face nor would except any additional information even if it was on an experiential basis.

The fact of the matter is Deacon Jones did talk trash on the football field but so did a number of other players before and surely after him. Was it universal back then? No it wasn't. It was far less evident then than it is now but the players that did it back then were easily recognized and because Deacon Jones was hated in Pro Football, he got the label. He was also labeled as a dirty player in an era that did not recognize that category because so many players played the game in a much more violent fashion.

In the original post I made on a more general forum that got lost with SonnyCID showing up here and throwing out a statement was that trash talking has a specific purpose in pro sports and that is to get into somebody's head to throw them off their focused goal of defeating the opponent usually them. The gist of the post was that it never solves much and although if used IN CONJUNCTION WITH STRONG PLAY, it MAY be beneficial. Having played the game to the college level myself, I never liked it but alot of players used it even in my small world of playing because they thought it would help them play the game better and gain an advantage. I never used it but used my play as the "talker" on the field. The classic trash talker was Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier shut his mouth on several occasions with his left hand.

Now you do have a point in calling me out on referring to the SeaHawks, the Seahags and I shall rescind that behavior and live by my own rules here on this board. Going forward I shall cease in such tomfoolery, but if you ever come on here again and call me ignorant and immature without cause, I will initiate some actions to reduce your posts on this board. Do I make myself clear?

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think trash talking began when Adam met Eve.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh this is rich jakedog. You come on this board claiming an issue was directed at you when SonnyCID initiated a comment about being shocked that I would refer to Sherman as a trash-talking player and have such a problem with it when the guy in my avatar practically "invented" it.

I find it hypocritical to complain about people calling the Seahawks "Seahags" and the like and then call me immature and ignorant in the same vein when neither is true because I saw many of those players play the game in person and many trashed talked even back then. You make these charges without ever having exchanged even a modicum of board conversational transactions anywhere on SportsHoopla with me which I find offensive to say the least. In essence what you did would definitely indicate that what you accuse me of is a self-imposed indictment of the very same.

Sonny never answered my question about his extent of his lifespan and I am fairly certain (as your response indicates) that both of you haven't lived long enough to know much football except what you read from articles that anyone can dig up somewhere on the internet. Since SonnyCID did not return and you have taken up this issue in this back-handed approach, I can state that the articles you have supplied contain several bits of misinformation.

Since you are so knowledgeable, why don't you tell me what those are from say personal experience? How many guys that you know of in the 60's, 70's, and 80's talked trashed on the football field? How many of these players did you see personally in a game? Did Dick Butkus? How about Bubba Smith? How about Chuck Bednarik or Mike Ditka? How about Ray Nitschke, Night-Train Lane, or Norm Van Brocklin? What about Jack Lambert or Willie Lanier? Let's get a little closer to your era. How about Jack Youngblood or Dan Dierdorf or Michael Strahan or say a Ray Lewis? Just because you read an article stating that somebody claims that Deacon Jones "invented" trash talking and accept it as gospel tells me you are basically full of fertilizer and can't see things beyond the nose on your face nor would except any additional information even if it was on an experiential basis.

The fact of the matter is Deacon Jones did talk trash on the football field but so did a number of other players before and surely after him. Was it universal back then? No it wasn't. It was far less evident then than it is now but the players that did it back then were easily recognized and because Deacon Jones was hated in Pro Football, he got the label. He was also labeled as a dirty player in an era that did not recognize that category because so many players played the game in a much more violent fashion.

In the original post I made on a more general forum that got lost with SonnyCID showing up here and throwing out a statement was that trash talking has a specific purpose in pro sports and that is to get into somebody's head to throw them off their focused goal of defeating the opponent usually them. The gist of the post was that it never solves much and although if used IN CONJUNCTION WITH STRONG PLAY, it MAY be beneficial. Having played the game to the college level myself, I never liked it but alot of players used it even in my small world of playing because they thought it would help them play the game better and gain an advantage. I never used it but used my play as the "talker" on the field. The classic trash talker was Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier shut his mouth on several occasions with his left hand.

Now you do have a point in calling me out on referring to the SeaHawks, the Seahags and I shall rescind that behavior and live by my own rules here on this board. Going forward I shall cease in such tomfoolery, but if you ever come on here again and call me ignorant and immature without cause, I will initiate some actions to reduce your posts on this board. Do I make myself clear?
Retro, well said however I do have exception to your last paragraph.

This guy is an obvious troll and he should not be allowed to influence yours or anyone else here on this boards actions in having a little fun and stating such things is jest. I'm sure he himself has said things in jest in his life before without thinking they were immature or ignorant. There is nothing wrong in having a little fun at the expense of a Divisional foe while posting here on our own boards. He choose to post here and should understand it's not the same as posting on his own boards.

This is an adlut sports talk site for goodness sakes where people are allowed to have a little fun taking jabs at one another, it's not freaking preschool!

I think it is unacceptable to say such things on the Seahawks boards however and would obviously refrain from such retorts myself when posting there if faced with someone referring to the Rams as the Lambs for instance in any exchange over there.

This guy is the one who needs to grow up by not finding such offenses to any witticism posted here on OUR boards.

My real exception with this guy is the douchebag remark of calling this name gag 'ignorant'.

I'm all too sure he well knows no one here is using it in 'ignorance' and has used the guise of this to call those who have, ignorant in a lame attempt to insult.

It was a foolhardy attempt and a pretentious sell where I'm not buying.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Vita. You are right and I'll take it into advisement. Well stated as usual.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I compliment the team and you guys freak out and call me an obvious troll. I don't think you guys have a clue what a real troll is.

Whatever. I again say kudos to the RAMS (I personally never use derogatory nicknames and that was my only point.) and look forward to the games between the teams next year.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By golly you really put us in our place! With and outstanding argument like "whatever". I guess we must all hide in shame now. :redface:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I compliment the team and you guys freak out and call me an obvious troll. I don't think you guys have a clue what a real troll is.

Whatever. I again say kudos to the RAMS (I personally never use derogatory nicknames and that was my only point.) and look forward to the games between the teams next year.

:violin:That was never your point :lie:

Obvious

14591_007.gif