• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Sanders Tells Bucks He Doesn't Want to Play

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders recently told Bucks officials he doesn’t want to play basketball anymore. Coach Jason Kidd was asked earlier this week why Sanders was out, and he didn’t have much of a response, according to Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times,

“It’s just personal. There’s nothing I can give you more. That’s the way the question will be answered,” Kidd told reporters.

Sanders, 26, is in the first season of a four-year, $44 million contract extension. Woelfel said some friends of Sanders told him in the summer they were concerned he wasn’t committed to basketball.

The Bucks have tried to trade Sanders in the past. Milwaukee tried to trade Sanders and Brandon Knight to the Pacers last summer for Roy Hibbert. He asked an NBA official if the Bucks could trade Sanders now, according to Woelfel. "Good luck" was his response.

Bucks wasted a draft pick on this guy.

Link

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say they wasted their pick on him, because he was pretty productive for a couple years, it's the contract extension that killed them.

This guy is a head-case anyways, doubt any team will want to take a risk on him any time soon.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say they wasted their pick on him, because he was pretty productive for a couple years, it's the contract extension that killed them.

This guy is a head-case anyways, doubt any team will want to take a risk on him any time soon.
He has been involved in too many bar-room brawls the past few years.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely amazing.

Play basketball for 4 yrs, walk away with $44,000,000 to spend over the period of your life.

A fucking game.

:der:

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give him 3 years until he is in prison. tops

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAny people get tired of their job and want to walk away...

Probably half the people on this site have quit their job and tried a new direction in the last 5 years if not more. Many take paycuts to do something they want to do...rather than chase a higher dollar salary.

There should be some way to indemnify the contract holders for a breach, but there should not be punitive damages.

It might look like a game. But, it is also a job.

Not everyone wants to work the same job forever if there is job dissatisfaction.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably half the people on this site have quit their job and tried a new direction in the last 5 years if not more. Many take paycuts to do something they want to do...rather than chase a higher dollar salary.

There should be some way to indemnify the contract holders for a breach, but there should not be punitive damages.

Not everyone wants to work the same job forever if there is job dissatisfaction.

Oh Jesus this is why you are so hate able, you are actually defending this guy. Give you 44 mill to suck your own dick and you would do it. You god dawm phony.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are saying that you would give up a temporary part time job that pays you obscene amounts of money while you get to travel as you work & then vacation for 3 months out of the year? Even if you only had to be unhappy for 3+ more years & you would be set for life? Seriously?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is already set for life.

He has already grossed 13.5 million dollars.
He could probably live off that relatively comfortable for a long time.

That is assuming he did no investments whatsoever and it brought in nothing more than simple interest income.

But, maybe money is not all that important.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is assuming he did no investments whatsoever and it brought in nothing more than simple interest income.

If money isn't that important then maybe he should give the money back to the team.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt he got anymore than $6 mil of that after taxes & agent fees. Then factor in lifestyle, family, & hanger-ons, I would be willing to bet he has less than $2 mil in his account. That is not set for life.

Keep in mind that there is a big difference between leaving & unhappy job for a job that makes you happy while taking a pay cut & what he is doing. He is just walking away from money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to hear his reasons why he don't want to play anymore.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamarcus Russell, Ricky Williams and now Larry Sanders:scratch:

Maybe the wacky-tobacky is more harmful than we thought.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* backs out of the thread...sloooooooowly*

:bolt:

My brother Inimical has been known to get intoxicated on occasion lol. He means no harm.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may change his mind when he misses a game check....

I really don't know what's going on in his head, what career would be better than professional athlete? Maybe he wants to become the GOAT insurance salesman.