• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry O to the Steelers

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn! I was hoping he would come back here. I still think we could use some depth on the D-line - It will be interesting to see what Duke does later in the summer.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn! I was hoping he would come back here. I still think we could use some depth on the D-line - It will be interesting to see what Duke does later in the summer.
Re-signed Hill and drafted a dude in the 3rd this year, and don't forget Shelvin last year...His experience will be missed, for sure, but I think the depth is fine.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-signed Hill and drafted a dude in the 3rd this year, and don't forget Shelvin last year...His experience will be missed, for sure, but I think the depth is fine.
I see Shelvin as more of a back-up/rotational player with DJ Reader. I think one of the things that worked well last year was having Larry O and BJ Hill as rotational pieces at the 3-technique. Of course, Hill held-up just fine in the playoffs without Larry, but it's a long season. I suppose if Ossai comes back and shows the promise of last camp, we could also kick Hubbard inside on obvious passing downs to increase pass rush. Lots of options if everyone is healthy, but there are some unproven guys and some questionable depth. I'm not hoping for a superstar addition, but wouldn't mind combing the waiver wire or working a trade for a vet (like Hill last year).

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Shelvin as more of a back-up/rotational player with DJ Reader. I think one of the things that worked well last year was having Larry O and BJ Hill as rotational pieces at the 3-technique. Of course, Hill held-up just fine in the playoffs without Larry, but it's a long season. I suppose if Ossai comes back and shows the promise of last camp, we could also kick Hubbard inside on obvious passing downs to increase pass rush. Lots of options if everyone is healthy, but there are some unproven guys and some questionable depth. I'm not hoping for a superstar addition, but wouldn't mind combing the waiver wire or working a trade for a vet (like Hill last year).
Again - don't forget the kid from the 3rd round - that will be his role as well...

Agreed on Shelvin, but he's still an option. He was in there in the Playoff game next to Reader in some looks against the Titans.

Would have loved to have seen him return, but I think after they signed Hill, that wasn't going to be as likely - especially after drafting that kid in the 3rd round - it wouldn't have left much room for rotation, and with Ossai returning, they have talked some about using a line where you could see both Hubbard and Hendrickson kick inside for pass-rush....only so many snaps to go around....if he was going to return - I think it was going to happen prior to the draft. Once they got the kid in the 3rd, I think that effectively closed the door.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dumb move by him. What an idiot. Doesn't want a ring I guess