• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lance Stephenson signs with the Hornets

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ will probably drag Lance out on the court, kick his ass in one on one and then tell him "When you can beat me, you can do and say whatever you want on the court. Until then, stfu".

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

:laugh3:

And anyone who thinks this can't happen, I give you exhibit A :yahoo:

Even as he approaches his 50th birthday, Michael Jordan can still play. And the No. 2 pick in the draft will be the first to admit it.

Charlotte Bobcats rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist confessed Friday that Jordan beat him in a one-on-one game.

"It was hard for me," Kidd-Gilchrist, almost 20, told USA Today before the Rising Stars Challenge rookie-sophomore game at All-Star Weekend. "I lost. I lost to a 50-year-old guy. ... He's the greatest man that ever played the game.

"Oh, yeah. He's good."

How about taking it easy to make the boss look good? The 6-foot-7 rookie out of Kentucky said that wasn't the case.

"No. I didn't allow him to beat me," he told CSNHouston. "Because that's my boss? Nah."

Kidd-Gilchrist is averaging 9.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game this season.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte's top perimeter players -- Kemba Walker, Gerald Henderson, Lance Stephenson and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist -- have overlapping or similar profiles. Each player needs the ball in their hand to generate offense, each player is a shaky perimeter shooter and, outside of possibly Stephenson, can't fit into another role on offense.

When Charlotte acquired Stephenson, I said this move was only going to work if the team was going to trade Gerald Henderson. A team cannot count on four of its top players to be so limited and work together effectively.

And even if Henderson was gone, there still is the question of pairing Stephenson with Walker. Both players need the ball in their hands to be effective although Stephenson is the better distributor. The problem is Walker is not that effective without the ball in his hands and is a shaky jump shooter.

Stephenson is going to be the odd man out. I expect Charlotte to trade him this summer.