• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lance Moore

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait wait wait.....now you lost me.....i said moore was nate2.0.....you got all defensive for moore giving me his stats...

Right- Moore has been more productive than Burleson over the last few seasons, plus he's been healthier and is younger.

..now you think hes not worth 3 million and our number 4 WR?
Yep- he's a 30 year old slot WR, not a #2 "starter." I never suggested that he was anything more than a complimentary piece.

Nate was our number 2 WR..... So if moore was so much better than nate, how does that make him no better than a 4 WR for us?
Nate was brought in to be our #2, but ideally should have never been more than a #3 guy. He was at his best in the slot.

My comparison to nate was because in my eyes both guys would disappear for long stretches....i had moore as a fill in many times over the years in fantasy where he caught 0 passes....maybe 1.....he would have a huge game than go 5-6 games doing absolutely nothing.
My comparison is based on the type of player they each are, and the offense they played in. I don't let guy's fantasy performance on my fantasy team dictate my opinion of them as actual NFL football players. Real football and fantasy football are two different animals all together.

Long story short is that Moore and Burleson are two different WRs with different skill-sets who are at different points in their career. Burleson was well over-paid, Moore should come in dirt cheap. Apples and oranges...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right- Moore has been more productive than Burleson over the last few seasons, plus he's been healthier and is younger.

Yep- he's a 30 year old slot WR, not a #2 "starter." I never suggested that he was anything more than a complimentary piece.

Nate was brought in to be our #2, but ideally should have never been more than a #3 guy. He was at his best in the slot.

My comparison is based on the type of player they each are, and the offense they played in. I don't let guy's fantasy performance on my fantasy team dictate my opinion of them as actual NFL football players. Real football and fantasy football are two different animals all together.

Long story short is that Moore and Burleson are two different WRs with different skill-sets who are at different points in their career. Burleson was well over-paid, Moore should come in dirt cheap. Apples and oranges...

Right because in those games when moore catches nothing, he just does a great job blocking....right?

Nate WAS our number 2.......and i bet while he WAS our number 2, you thought he was great.....maybe not mike thomas great....but great....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who were Moore's teammates though cleeves? Hard to stand out for looks in that crowd.

????

Jimmy graham the last couple years? Colston? ......besides that the saints just always had a bunch of fast guys like meachum, copper, henderson.....3-4 type WR's......drew brees made that team powerful.

Sorry i just dont see moore to be a top target.....unless hes fine with being the 3rd or 4th WR.....if we sign him, is that the end of broyles? I would rather have either of the jones....