• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lance Moore

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with you up until Durham. He's total garbage IMO. Not sure any wideout caught a lower percentage of his targets. Most of why I want a tall rookie is so whiteboy/security blanket gets cut. But right now, Id say he's comfortably our #2. That ain't good.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yerp, I was thinking about how Sproles would fit too. If the price was right it seems like we could find ways to utilize a player of his talents. He's a big play threat still, and catches a ton of passes for a RB.

Lombardi has to be excited about the potential of adding two of the pretty major pieces of the offense he came from and will be installing here... not saying that we get both, but I'm sure he'd love to have both guys...

Im not sure what Sproles will want money wise. But Id love to see a backfield of Bush/Sproles/Bell. Three guys that can catch balls out of the backfield. Id like to see Bell put on a little weight if that were to happen though. Be more of a "big" back.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth on the Moore-to-Burleson comparison, Moore has averaged 55 receptions, 722 yards and 6 touchdowns per season over the last 4 years... I'd say that's a smidge better than Nate's numbers over that same span...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure what Sproles will want money wise. But Id love to see a backfield of Bush/Sproles/Bell. Three guys that can catch balls out of the backfield. Id like to see Bell put on a little weight if that were to happen though. Be more of a "big" back.

I'd think our 4th back would be either Leshoure or Owens if we brought Sproles aboard. Imo he'd almost have to replace Theo Riddick, other wise we'd be left with three smaller speed backs and only Bell with much size to him...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riddick, LeShoure and Owens are all very very expendable to me. (11 carries and 4 receptions combined.)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riddick, LeShoure and Owens are all very very expendable to me. (11 carries and 4 receptions combined.)

Whereas I like depth at the RB position.

Don't let raw stats fool you. One was on IR , one was a rookie serving as our 4th RB, and the other apparently got caught banging Schwartz's wife or something.

Last year's production doesn't speak to the value of any of the 3 backs, imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't care about Owens before he didn't play for us. Riddick means nothing to me. I was once very big on ML, but don't really care about him either. Id rather have him around than the other other two though. He's twenty pounds heavier than Owens.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sproles to the left, Bush to the right.....Bell up the middle.........Sounds fantastic, until Stafford throws a rocket on a swing pass that could easily go for 20 yards......But nope.....3rd and long heave it to Calvin......I'm a Sproles fan if Stafford learns touch on a ball.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you? And what did you do with Muzz? I got my ass chewed all fall for makin' sense like that.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you? And what did you do with Muzz? I got my ass chewed all fall for makin' sense like that.

I'm the guy making sense, You must be the other guy.:laugh3:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't care about Owens before he didn't play for us. Riddick means nothing to me. I was once very big on ML, but don't really care about him either. Id rather have him around than the other other two though. He's twenty pounds heavier than Owens.

Agree on Theo and Owens. I would like to see Leshoure this fall. Think the bigger downhill guy would have helped in short yardage. maybe been a huge man in Philly snow game. Like to know he is done before releasing him.

TPAUL word on the street...He was banging Jim's drycleaning lady and she was distracting one Saturday evening.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget about Sproles. Doubt he makes it past Tuesday without a home. He will be overpaid IMO. Overpaid for what the Lions can afford. The return man is getting to be much like the FB. Goddell is trying to get rid of returns. Just need someone to faircatch almost these days.

I would take Sproles in a minute over Bush's fumbles, although we have that guy in Bush on roster. Spend money elsewhere please.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think so, but apparently he's actually Nate Burleson's long-lost twin. At least, that's what a lot of generic rhetoric suggests. They're both over 30, you know.

It's not like the guy is just one year removed from a 1,000+ yard season on only 65 catches. Or like he's got a 10 TD season on his resume and two separate 8 TD seasons.

Nope- take it from a guy who kind of remembers hearing bad stuff about Moore somewhere, he's no good. Washed up. Over 30 (even though he's not a RB, apparently any and all players now hit the proverbial wall at 30, advances in medicine and science be damned).
____________________________________________________________________________________
The Woodstock generation used the slogan "don't trust anyone over 30" as a counterculture merit badge. While the hippies were more concerned with entrenched authority, their mantra has practical applications for the Detroit Lions in free agency.

WORD

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be shocked if Mayhew doesn't bring him in.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I'd rather have whoever is available in the second round cheap than overpay for a veteran. No more than $3MM of the cap in free agency for any one WR.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Moore is anywhere near $3 mill per season. I was thinking he comes in for depth, maybe to play the slot if we can't find a better option, but I prefer him as nothing better than the 4th WR, ideally.

I agree with your premise of shopping on the cheaper end in free agency and scoop up some better talent for cheap in the draft.

Ideally for me we sign a slot WR in free agency (Emanuel Sanders or Julian Edelman would be ideal, imo) and target a starting outside WR in the draft...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Moore is anywhere near $3 mill per season. I was thinking he comes in for depth, maybe to play the slot if we can't find a better option, but I prefer him as nothing better than the 4th WR, ideally.

I agree with your premise of shopping on the cheaper end in free agency and scoop up some better talent for cheap in the draft.

Ideally for me we sign a slot WR in free agency (Emanuel Sanders or Julian Edelman would be ideal, imo) and target a starting outside WR in the draft...

Wait wait wait.....now you lost me.....i said moore was nate2.0.....you got all defensive for moore giving me his stats.....now you think hes not worth 3 million and our number 4 WR? Nate was our number 2 WR..... So if moore was so much better than nate, how does that make him no better than a 4 WR for us? My comparison to nate was because in my eyes both guys would disappear for long stretches....i had moore as a fill in many times over the years in fantasy where he caught 0 passes....maybe 1.....he would have a huge game than go 5-6 games doing absolutely nothing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who were Moore's teammates though cleeves? Hard to stand out for looks in that crowd.