• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lance Moore

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Saints are releasing Moore.

Seems like he'd be an obvious fit in the slot for us given his time with Lombardi. He's been pretty damn productive, but is getting older now... maybe a one or two year deal to bridge the gap in our bare receiving corps and teach the new offense to his position group?

Thoughts?

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be the ideal slot receiver. Let's hope he has a good enough relationship with Lombardi for him to come here on a decent contract.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude im pretty sure theres a thread specifically for wide receivers. Hold up let me contact the appropriate people and get this bitch merged.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, there definitely is.

I wanted to discuss Moore specifically, not WRs in general, though...

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$3MM or less I'd bite. Trouble staying healthy, though. We'd need a Plan B.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND, we need many more WR threads. #2WR, slot WR, Replace Calvin WR, and what WRs OTHER teams should sign...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND, we need many more WR threads. #2WR, slot WR, Replace Calvin WR, and what WRs OTHER teams should sign...

I will have my hands full merging then. Replace calvin? That thread will be deleted and yes Im biased.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not exactly hard to replace Nate. Moore would work just fine IMO. He makes a lot sense with the time spent with our new OC and all. Does FreeAgency start on Tuesday?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How so? Really?

Oh i forgot....since the lions MIGHT look at lance moore, hes all of a sudden good...

Lets see....

Nate over 30? Check ....lance? Check
Nate injured alot? Check.......lance.....check
Nate drops alot? Check......lance?......check
Nate disappears in games while having a big game every once in awhile? Check....lance? Check
Nates numbers declining over time? Check......lance? Check

Only good thing is lance is familiar with the OC....but to ask how lance is nate2.0 is nutz...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the stats....the last 4 years moore has 27 more receptions while playing in around 13-14 more games...their stats look sort of similar to me...

Is mike thomas better than lance moore?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Avant if I am taking a veteran. Great hands. Guys who have trouble catching balls from Drew Brees will have no shot with Stafford.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id think Moore would be about half the price of Nate. Maybe less. He's only missed 6 games over the last three season and wouldn't be expected to serve as a number 2 or even as the #3 guy necessarily. I wouldn't think bringing him in would mean no other FA's would be targeted. Just a step in the right direction towards having actual NFL caliber receivers.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like to sign Emanuel Sanders as our #2 and maybe Moore as our #3. We should be able to get sanders around 4 mil and moore around 2. That would be a pretty good top 3, with broyles/durham/ross rounding out the WR corps. We can then focus our drafting on other bigger weaknesses such as the secondary and LB/OL depth

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id think Moore would be about half the price of Nate. Maybe less. He's only missed 6 games over the last three season and wouldn't be expected to serve as a number 2 or even as the #3 guy necessarily. I wouldn't think bringing him in would mean no other FA's would be targeted. Just a step in the right direction towards having actual NFL caliber receivers.

You'd think so, but apparently he's actually Nate Burleson's long-lost twin. At least, that's what a lot of generic rhetoric suggests. They're both over 30, you know.

It's not like the guy is just one year removed from a 1,000+ yard season on only 65 catches. Or like he's got a 10 TD season on his resume and two separate 8 TD seasons.

Nope- take it from a guy who kind of remembers hearing bad stuff about Moore somewhere, he's no good. Washed up. Over 30 (even though he's not a RB, apparently any and all players now hit the proverbial wall at 30, advances in medicine and science be damned).

But in all seriousness I see it much the same way as you do- that he'd be no better than our 3rd WR, possibly even the 4th WR if things go well in the draft or the rest of free agency, and that he'd come cheap and would be an asset in helping install the new offensive scheme.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The situation in Detroit has to look good to a known commodity like Moore. There weren't enough targets to go around in Nawlins.(they were crowded at receiver and running back plus the best pass catching TE) That wouldn't be a problem here. (I wouldn't shy away from giving Sproles a call either. He can catch and return.).

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like to sign Emanuel Sanders as our #2 and maybe Moore as our #3. We should be able to get sanders around 4 mil and moore around 2. That would be a pretty good top 3, with broyles/durham/ross rounding out the WR corps. We can then focus our drafting on other bigger weaknesses such as the secondary and LB/OL depth

I wouldn't eschew all of the WR talent in a loaded draft like this one is going to be, but I think Sanders would be the ideal slot WR for us (or Julian Edelman, but he'll be far pricier, imo). He's got speed, runs crisp routes, and has soft hands. He's still young, too.

I'm all about Sanders, but he'll be a much bigger fish, so to speak, and will command a much bigger contract. Like you said, we could still bring in Moore to fill a support role and back up Sanders for a year or two.

I'd still target at least one, maybe two WRs in the draft, though they'd be bigger outside WRs if our roster (hypothetically) included 3 slot WRs in Sanders, Moore, and Ross. Maybe it's Evans early, maybe a guy in the 2nd or 3rd and another on day 3, who knows? But I think a near-total overhaul of our WR corps would be wise this offseason.

A WR depth chart of:

1.) Megatron
2.) Rookie "A"
3.) Sanders
4.) Moore
5.) Rookie "B"
6.) Ross

would be pretty sweet. We'd have guys ready to contribute right away, as well as young guys moving up the ranks. 6 WRs is one more than we normally carry, but given that Ross is the primary return man as well as a potentially dangerous gadget player on offense, I think he merits a roster spot.

Aside from Megatron and Ross the only other current WRs I'd think have a shot at making next summer's roster are Durham and Fuller. Durham has actually developed pretty well and offers a dynamic size/speed combination (he's the tallest WR in the league right now). If he continues on last year's growth trajectory he might be hard to leave off the roster, but if he's peaked then he's certainly replaceable. Fuller has a great set of tools and good size, but came in very raw. If he's not ready this year I'm sure they won't hesitate to put him on the practice squad for another season.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The situation in Detroit has to look good to a known commodity like Moore. There weren't enough targets to go around in Nawlins.(they were crowded at receiver and running back plus the best pass catching TE) That wouldn't be a problem here. (I wouldn't shy away from giving Sproles a call either. He can catch and return.).

Yerp, I was thinking about how Sproles would fit too. If the price was right it seems like we could find ways to utilize a player of his talents. He's a big play threat still, and catches a ton of passes for a RB.

Lombardi has to be excited about the potential of adding two of the pretty major pieces of the offense he came from and will be installing here... not saying that we get both, but I'm sure he'd love to have both guys...