• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamichael James one of seven inactive?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, the more I think about this, the more irritated I am by it. Let's review James' recent resume as a RB:

In the Super Bowl, fumbled on 1st and 10 on the Baltimore 24 when we had an opportunity to pull within one or go ahead in the Super Bowl. Otherwise had three carries for three yards.

Averaged 2.3 YPC, -2.0 YP reception (only one), and had a fumble in the preseason. In the final two games of the preseason, had 11 carries for 14 yards.

Was injured and missed the first three games.

Had three carries for 0 yards last week.

What exactly do you expect? That the team will simply run you out in the lineup when you have been frankly awful on the field and have two good RBs ahead of you? This is just ridiculous. He's had some pretty big KRs, but the guy has been a liability as a RB of late. I want him to be champing at the bit, but prove it before you spout off.

James was decent vs GB and very good vs ATL in the playoffs... I know where you getting at but at the SB, everyone letdown til the damn lights went out.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha. He doesn't have nearly that value at this point. I'm sure the Rams would gladly take a 2nd for Isaiah Pead, too. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

bah but I would be saving philly from making a good use of their draft picks lol....

when was their last GOOD pick? lol

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
James was decent vs GB and very good vs ATL in the playoffs... I know where you getting at but at the SB, everyone letdown til the damn lights went out.

Don't get me wrong, James put together some nice games for us. But it's not like he's been performing incredibly when given the chance and we're just benching him out of spite. Lately he hasn't done much with his opportunities.

I'm definitely not giving up on James, even though I was never fan of the pick. As said earlier, I think we need to find a way to get him more involved. I just don't like him complaining when he's been struggling on the field.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't they use James like they used Walker last season.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because James is a terrible blocker. What about James and Walker is even remotely similar?

Yes I know he needs to work on his blocking, but why not line him up for a dump off pass, or a few short routes. Get something going to get more speed out on the field.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck using him like Walker. Use him like the saints use Sproles

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes I know he needs to work on his blocking, but why not line him up for a dump off pass, or a few short routes. Get something going to get more speed out on the field.

I don't disagree with that approach, but it's not remotely similar to how we used Walker last year.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it has been said before, James does not show a burst or to be a shifty scat back. We know its a copy cat league and I dont think he can mimic the things a sproles or woodhead can do. those guys are hard to cover in the pass game and even hard to see/stop in the run game.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want James here as much as possible, I think his speed is underrated by the coaches.... fucking the coaches can't find room for him...

but that could be more to the Gore/Hunter combo which has been great...

i want to see more hunter not james

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First, since no one has mentioned it, James denied the tweet was related to football. Here's an interesting take that tries to justify that claim on James' part. Why LaMichael James insurance tweet was not aimed at the 49ers - Niners Nation

Essentially it says that James doesn't tweet about football, and has tweeted plenty in the past about not appreciating friends and family coming to him for financial support (with evidence in previous tweets).

Also, earlier tonight he tweeted this:

Next, why not use him like Walker? Good question. Why not use a 190 pound RB like a 250 pound TE. I'm sure James would be remarkably useful on wham blocks to Suh.

Lastly, why not use him like Sproles? Because he's not nearly as quick/agile. Sproles is incredibly in tight spaces, James is not. You might as well ask to use him like Terrell Owens.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Could LaMichael James be coming off bench to spark #49ers punt returns? Many happy returns coming from LaMichael James? | 49ers Hot Read

Kyle Williams' 16 fair catches already 9th-most in #49ers season. Most 21: Sutherland (2001); 20: Taylor (1989), Carter (1993) Battle (2004)

i'm fine with KW fair catching it because for one, he catches it WELL. next, by fair catching he reduces the chance of a turnover. try to squeeze a few yards from a punt return, but risk a turnover? then there are penalties on the return team which seem to occur on 'every' punt?

not saying lets keep KW forever, but fine with what he's doing now.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could LaMichael James be coming off bench to spark #49ers punt returns? Many happy returns coming from LaMichael James? | 49ers Hot Read

Kyle Williams' 16 fair catches already 9th-most in #49ers season. Most 21: Sutherland (2001); 20: Taylor (1989), Carter (1993) Battle (2004)

I remember reading somewhere that LaMichael James has small hands. Maybe he's not the best guy to be returning punts for us. The small hands may have played a role in that crucial fumble he had in the Super Bowl.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James speed shouldn't be discared so easily or quick... there'll be a time and there'll be a big play by james...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for one thing we have almost completely abandon the read option and that is what LMJ excels at. If they are going to a more straight forward power run offense then he is not a very good back for that. We don't throw any screens, so he can't be used in that regard. He played well last year because he fit the offense we were running. This year the offense is different and he isn't a very good fit. I think he can have value though. He made some pretty good plays last year in the small amount of playing time he got.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, for one thing we have almost completely abandon the read option and that is what LMJ excels at. If they are going to a more straight forward power run offense then he is not a very good back for that. We don't throw any screens, so he can't be used in that regard. He played well last year because he fit the offense we were running. This year the offense is different and he isn't a very good fit. I think he can have value though. He made some pretty good plays last year in the small amount of playing time he got.

believe we ran a screen Sunday, but the pass was batted down.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want to see more hunter not james

Me too. The difference in the speed with which things happen when he runs as opposed to Gore is really striking. He's a great change of pace back for Gore.