• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamichael James one of seven inactive?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is the not way to get on the field.... shame LMJ

I understand the frustration, he's caught in a position where Gore n Hunter when healthy will see the bulk or all of the fieldtime reps...

I'm also perplexed that why draft a 2nd rd RB with the intent to stash as a 3rd option/insurance... this isn't college where we can stash n stash... a high round selection, I would've thought there was a plan to get him and his speed on the field.

Why is there no plays designed for him? is that so wrong? Use him sparingly a la Sproles...

who cares if the defense knows he'll touch the ball, let them try n catch him lol

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Chip Kelly and the Eagles would give the 49ers for LMJ.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder what Chip Kelly and the Eagles would give the 49ers for LMJ.

I'd trade Bryce Brown for him straight up. The Eagles are high on Chris Polk for some reason. They like Brown but someone like LMJ would look so appealing for Chip Kelley. He already knows the offense, and compares more to McCoy than with Brown. Brown could be a better fit in our offense than LMJ is.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
This.

I think he still has value on this team. I wanna see him as a receiving threat out of the backfield a little more.

I agree. He has good hands but his running excelled out of pistol and spread formations. We would have to pass to set up the run in those sets. He's a weapon, but I think the lack of a passing game in 3/4 games this year has diminished his role thus far.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Twitter is the not way to get on the field.... shame LMJ

I understand the frustration, he's caught in a position where Gore n Hunter when healthy will see the bulk or all of the fieldtime reps...

I'm also perplexed that why draft a 2nd rd RB with the intent to stash as a 3rd option/insurance... this isn't college where we can stash n stash... a high round selection, I would've thought there was a plan to get him and his speed on the field.

Why is there no plays designed for him? is that so wrong? Use him sparingly a la Sproles...

who cares if the defense knows he'll touch the ball, let them try n catch him lol

They didn't draft him in the second round for insurance. The problem is he's just not as good as they thought he'd be and that's the reason why he got relegated to an insurance role, and why no plays are being drawn up for him. He's just not anywhere near as explosive as what he showed in college. If he was better he'd be the 3rd down back and would take a good portion of Hunter's 2nd down snaps.

I think he's struggling to optimize his playing weight as well. He added muscle in the offseason, but it looks like he needs to lose some of it back to get his speed back.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the frustration aspect because if he's a competitor he should be frustrated and wanting to get on the field.

But why in the world do you ever air that out on twitter?
There isn't a single possible good thing that will come from doing that. Like Harbaugh and Roman are going to read his tweet and say "We really need to get LMJ more touches."

If your frustrated about your role you need to keep that between you and the coaches and just keep grinding away doing everything to get better.

People get drunk/high and say stupid shit on Twitter/FB all the time.

But, I'm very confused as to why Baalke would draft James if the Niners aren't going to even pretend to use him? Obviously there is some sort of communication between Harbaugh & Baalke during the draft process, so why waste a pick on LMJ if Harbaugh isn't going to use him? Or, why would the team keep James on the roster if he's shown to be a bust?

SF needs a D-line.... and I know a shitty back up from NE won't do the job.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People get drunk/high and say stupid shit on Twitter/FB all the time.

But, I'm very confused as to why Baalke would draft James if the Niners aren't going to even pretend to use him? Obviously there is some sort of communication between Harbaugh & Baalke during the draft process, so why waste a pick on LMJ if Harbaugh isn't going to use him? Or, why would the team keep James on the roster if he's shown to be a bust?

SF needs a D-line.... and I know a shitty back up from NE won't do the job.

The Sticks winds are too severe and knock him down when he has the ball.

They wasted every pick that draft.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't mind the frustration, don't like him airing it. And I really don't like that he seems to feel entitled. Newsflash, LaMichael: you're being outplayed - and it's not close - by Hunter. Hunter has great quickness, and better toughness and vision than James.

I agree that we should work on implementing some James packages to get him the ball in space. But we don't have a Drew Brees or Tom Brady at QB who can use the short passing game as an extension of the run game. Kap's touch has improved, but it is still well below average, so even short passes can be a dicey proposition. And we just suck at screens the few times we've actually run them. Some areas to work on for sure. We need to generate more explosive plays as our ability to sustain drives has been poor at best this season. I'd like to think there's a role for James in that, if he earns it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gotta say, the more I think about this, the more irritated I am by it. Let's review James' recent resume as a RB:

In the Super Bowl, fumbled on 1st and 10 on the Baltimore 24 when we had an opportunity to pull within one or go ahead in the Super Bowl. Otherwise had three carries for three yards.

Averaged 2.3 YPC, -2.0 YP reception (only one), and had a fumble in the preseason. In the final two games of the preseason, had 11 carries for 14 yards.

Was injured and missed the first three games.

Had three carries for 0 yards last week.

What exactly do you expect? That the team will simply run you out in the lineup when you have been frankly awful on the field and have two good RBs ahead of you? This is just ridiculous. He's had some pretty big KRs, but the guy has been a liability as a RB of late. I want him to be champing at the bit, but prove it before you spout off.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance, time to package him. I've thrown out Hakeem Nicks. Pozz has thrown out Denarius Moore a few times which also makes a lot of sense. Even a guy like Travis Benjamin from Cleveland would work for me.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
rather have a 2nd rd pick from Philly if I were to deal LMJ.... :suds:

Hahahaha. He doesn't have nearly that value at this point. I'm sure the Rams would gladly take a 2nd for Isaiah Pead, too. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Any updates on Lattimore? Sorry to break the news to LMJ but of Lattimore comes back from that injury, he starts over LMJ. I doubt we could get much for him anyways.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Any updates on Lattimore? Sorry to break the news to LMJ but of Lattimore comes back from that injury, he starts over LMJ. I doubt we could get much for him anyways.

I'd be surprised if Lattimore plays this year. But we'll see. If he comes back, I'm guessing it's toward the very end of the PUP period. Or can you come off the NFI list at any time? Pretty sure NFI and PUP have the same rules regarding return to play, but I'm not sure.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd be surprised if Lattimore plays this year. But we'll see. If he comes back, I'm guessing it's toward the very end of the PUP period. Or can you come off the NFI list at any time? Pretty sure NFI and PUP have the same rules regarding return to play, but I'm not sure.

I don't expect him back either. They called it a "red shirt" season for him. I meant next year. Lattimore will just be another RB ahead of him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good riddance, time to package him. I've thrown out Hakeem Nicks. Pozz has thrown out Denarius Moore a few times which also makes a lot of sense. Even a guy like Travis Benjamin from Cleveland would work for me.

If I thought the 49ers could get Nicks involving something reasonable and James, I'd say do it in a heart beat if they could extend Nicks and there weren't major long-term medical concerns that would come up in the medical check. I would look into that first before entertaining the idea of anything with Moore. Nicks is around the top of the list of guys I'd want to see the 49ers try to trade for. Steve Smith (Carolina) is up there, too.

I've just been throwing out Moore more often because that trade might be a little bit more reasonable and likely than the Giants letting go of Nicks. I really don't think the Giants will let him go all that easily despite his health concerns and the fact he's in the final year of the deal. I think they come to some kind of long-term agreement with him eventually.

Lastly, I don't think James has much trade value at all and he wouldn't bring back much in a trade alone. I would guarantee that if James is part of a deal for someone like a Hakeem Nicks, there would be a high pick or picks involved and/or a player of pretty good value going back to the Giants.

For the lack of a better word, James would just be a throw in if they wanted to cut ties with him, in my opinion. No way do I ever see James being the best part of a trade if we're talking about the 49ers acquiring someone like a Hakeem Nicks.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dislike the guy. I can't get over that draft.

AT least Baalke put a turd back in the bucket and pulled out a potential golden nugget in Baldwin. In one game he caught two of two passes and converted a third down.... which is more than Jenkins did in his entire two years here.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember anyone complaining about James when Hunter went down last year. He provided a nice spark on offense on several occasions. I can't believe people want to close the book on him.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the frustration aspect because if he's a competitor he should be frustrated and wanting to get on the field.

But why in the world do you ever air that out on twitter? There isn't a single possible good thing that will come from doing that. Like Harbaugh and Roman are going to read his tweet and say "We really need to get LMJ more touches."

If your frustrated about your role you need to keep that between you and the coaches and just keep grinding away doing everything to get better.

Yeah, he must not have been paying attention when Brandon Jacobs tried to use twitter to air his grievances.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want James here as much as possible, I think his speed is underrated by the coaches.... fucking the coaches can't find room for him...

but that could be more to the Gore/Hunter combo which has been great...