• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers To Sign Lou Williams

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the way I felt, but every time I suggested that it would take the Lakers 3 to 5 years to rebuild - I had a lot of SMH in my faces, but In my mind the Lakers had failed to keep upgrading with youth over each year like San Antonio has done.

EXACTLY. as much as I hate to say it considering how much I hate the Spurs no one can say they haven't done it right, so you HAVE to respect them no matter if it kinda grates your gears(well, MINE in particular)...

so I guess it's about time the Lakers took a page or two outta THEIR book. surely can't hurt...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this is the team I see:

Clarkson - PG 11 ppg 3 rpg 3 apg
Kobe Bryant - SG 20 ppg 5 rpg 3 apg
Brandon Bass - PF 10 ppg 5 rpg 1 apg
Hibbert C 10 ppg 7 rpg 1 apg
Wesley Johnson? SF 9 ppg 4.2 rpg 1.6 apg

For the reserves

Lou Williams - SG 15 ppg 1.9 rpg 2 apg
D'angelo Russell - PG ????
Randle PF ?????

Not sure if Hill comes back but I think the Lakers will try to bring him back - that would be your center, but you got Tarik Black or Sacre in the worst case scenario, Wesley Johnson for your SF position to start in the worst case, so they obviously need a little more improvement, if they can get it, but this team could possibly over-achieve and make it into the playoffs.

I think Russell and Randle will start. Clarkson will back up both Kobe and Russell and start at the 2 in the roughly 17 games that Kobe will sit out during the season.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the starting lineup on opening day as

Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
Bass
Hibbert

At seasons end
Russell
Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
Hibbert

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Russell and Randle will start. Clarkson will back up both Kobe and Russell and start at the 2 in the roughly 17 games that Kobe will sit out during the season.
It will depend on how well they do in practice in my opinion, but with the right system, the Lakers do have the potential to score 100 points per game if you have a healthy Kobe. If Kobe goes down again, then we will have some really developed first year players and in a way I would be willing to accept that given the choice. We aren't likely to be contenders any way and the faster you develop those guys the better. Lets not forget about Lance Jr by the way and the other guy they signed. They might turn out to be good

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the pick up Lakers fans. Lou Williams is the perfect guy to come off the bench. His salary is actually pretty damn good when you factor in the salary cap jump, plus you always need a dynamic scorer off the bench; which he fits the mold.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the pick up Lakers fans. Lou Williams is the perfect guy to come off the bench. His salary is actually pretty damn good when you factor in the salary cap jump, plus you always need a dynamic scorer off the bench; which he fits the mold.
It's a good signing for the next few years and true enough you need more than just one good signature like this to make a team, but you only need a few more to attract bigger fish and he is really a nice quality fish. Not a 15 pound Corvina like the ones I used to catch, but perhaps a nice 3 to 4 pound corvina which also used to be really good eating