• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers out of trade hunt for Chris Paul.

DieHardNetsFan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Lakers have reportedly pulled out of the running for Chris Paul according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
The only way the league could have saved face was by admitting their mistake and approving the deal, but instead David Stern decided to try to convince folks that adding more youth to the deal would somehow make their mistake justifiable. Since the Lakers and Rockets had given up well more than the Hornets ever could have dreamed of, and most believed they gave too much, the requirement to add more players and picks made the deal undesirable for L.A. And it remains to be seen if their trade of Lamar Odom to clear cap space is to land Dwight Howard, but if you're not going to land Howard it makes no sense to have Andrew Bynum as your sole low-post threat. Now that this domino has fallen, look for transactions to pick up.

source: Twitter

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Stern for fucking over multiple teams.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Adrian Wojnarowski's twitter feed, he quotes a Western conference team's executive and basically says teams are now reluctant to deal with NO after this fiasco.

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Adrian Wojnarowski's twitter feed, he quotes a Western conference team's executive and basically says teams are now reluctant to deal with NO after this fiasco.

There's no reason for anyone to sweeten their deal really, NO isn't gonna get anyone better than Eric Gordon, Steph Curry or Amare Stoudemire at this point

1smoothoperator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought it was all about big market teams (Lakers) in this situation, getting superstars from small market teams, its more about competitive balance, most teams right not can't compete with the good teams.

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was all about big market teams (Lakers) in this situation, getting superstars from small market teams, its more about competitive balance, most teams right not can't compete with the good teams.

Its funny, I doubt Dan Gilbert would be complaining about competitive balance if Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade had come to Cleveland instead of LeBron leaving for Miami, which was a possibility at the time, small market teams can compete if they're well run (Spurs, Thunder, Blazers, Jazz). New Orleans, Denver, Orlando and Cleveland all had several years to win with the stars they had

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no reason for anyone to sweeten their deal really, NO isn't gonna get anyone better than Eric Gordon, Steph Curry or Amare Stoudemire at this point

If I were the Clips, no way am I giving up Gordon in a trade for CP3. Gordon is good and has a real shot at being one of the top 5 SGs in the league in a couple of years. No matter what, I'm keeping him and Griffin together. I'd rather keep Minny's #1 pick and draft a PG than gut my team for Paul

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Clips, no way am I giving up Gordon in a trade for CP3. Gordon is good and has a real shot at being one of the top 5 SGs in the league in a couple of years. No matter what, I'm keeping him and Griffin together. I'd rather keep Minny's #1 pick and draft a PG than gut my team for Paul

You might not want to but that's what they're offering from what I hear, don't forget the Clips are run by Donald Sterling