• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lagarrette Blount

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on Miguel's salary cap site yesterday getting a heads up on the 2016 charges and the Pats' approximate position above or below the projected cap. It appears we will be about $5M below the cap. One thing I did notice, Miguel didn't list Lagarrette Blount anywhere in his write up. I know his two year contract runs out at the end of this season, but don't the Pats have the right to add an optional third year to the deal? Please anyone familiar with this chime in. I don't think he'll be back next season but I thought we at least had a chance at an extra year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on Miguel's salary cap site yesterday getting a heads up on the 2016 charges and the Pats' approximate position above or below the projected cap. It appears we will be about $5M below the cap. One thing I did notice, Miguel didn't list Lagarrette Blount anywhere in his write up. I know his two year contract runs out at the end of this season, but don't the Pats have the right to add an optional third year to the deal? Please anyone familiar with this chime in. I don't think he'll be back next season but I thought we at least had a chance at an extra year.
Blount is a free agent. Somebody will pay him more than we will.
Blount is a big back that performs well against poor defense.
A good defense will stop him in his tracks. He is top-heavy and easy to knock off stride from the side. He has no elusiveness left at all. Time to move on.....

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good defense will stop him in his tracks. He is top-heavy and easy to knock off stride from the side. He has no elusiveness left at all. Time to move on.....
Sad but true

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a big back that suffered a hip injury, and will be joining the over 30 club.
He has also been with other clubs and has had limited success there.
Not many clubs looking for a RB with potential injury issues, turning thirty, and off field issues.
He may be Patriot friendly if he realizes all that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a big back that suffered a hip injury, and will be joining the over 30 club.
He has also been with other clubs and has had limited success there.
Not many clubs looking for a RB with potential injury issues, turning thirty, and off field issues.
He may be Patriot friendly if he realizes all that.
Agreed but it would need to be real friendly.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats are going to sign a 30 year old running back, I hope it's Matt Forte, not Blount. As mentioned above, Blount does not do well against a strong run defense.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats are going to sign a 30 year old running back, I hope it's Matt Forte, not Blount. As mentioned above, Blount does not do well against a strong run defense.
Blount got his ring last year, Forte needs one next year.
Forte would be an excellent tandem with Lewis.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a reliable running game and an improved offensive line, Brady's life should be a lot easier in 2016. The last few games of 2015 showed the difficulty of being an NFL QB with a one dimensional offense against a strong defense. With a veteran free agent running back and a solid rookie, the Pats offense should be hitting on all cylinders again. Certainly not a guarantee of a return to the Super Bowl, but, barring another year of multiple injuries to key personnel, at least a good chance of success.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lagarrett Blount was limited in practice today. He has a hip problem again. Early Edition was discussing it and the question was asked it is related to the hip injury he suffered last year that ended his season early.

The running game will be different with Brady returning, but Blount is the hammer that softens the defense.

Biggest question......will he be able to play Sunday??

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lagarrett Blount was limited in practice today. He has a hip problem again. Early Edition was discussing it and the question was asked it is related to the hip injury he suffered last year that ended his season early.

The running game will be different with Brady returning, but Blount is the hammer that softens the defense.

Biggest question......will he be able to play Sunday??
God I hope so. I can't stomach Bolden playing anywhere but on STs.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus...yet no movement on the RB front. I expect Bolden to be out this week. We brought Reece in for a WO and have Stankie on the PS. SO a limited Blount (?), White, Foster.......that's it? Man, that tells Clev we are going to pass all day.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez I was hoping for a cake walk for Sunday.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount will play Sunday. Bolden will not. He hurt his knee against the Bills and has not practiced at all this week.
Running backs will be Blount, White and Foster. Devlin in an emergency.