• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

La'el Collins deal with Dallas is done.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really off topic but:

where the heck do you draft McFadden in fantasy this year. He could have a monster season if he can stay healthy. But the font limits here at hoop don't allow me to make that "if" as big as it should be.

No clue as of today and likely won't know for sure even a week before the season starts. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy that starts out the year at the top of the depth chart doesn't finish the year there. Deep roster draft? If so, just grab a couple of them late and see what happens.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a cowboys move. Overall this is a Big pick up for them They get a top 10 pick for like no money and they already have a Top 3 Oline in the league. I think its a bad job by them to sign him so quick with out waiting for the out come.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a cowboys move. Overall this is a Big pick up for them They get a top 10 pick for like no money and they already have a Top 3 Oline in the league. I think its a bad job by them to sign him so quick with out waiting for the out come.

Curious as to how it is a bad job by them? It seems like he's in the clear and even if shit falls apart and he goes to prison they're paying him $1.7 million over 3 years, that is pocket change for the wealthiest franchise in the league.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It they find evidence against him and he's arrested Dallas is out 1.65M. That's like most of us dropping a dime and it roles into the gutter.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Free is hurt and recovering from surgery so this doesn't make as strong of a statement about where he is going to play as the tweet seems to state. I'm still hoping he ends up starting at RT if he can beat out Free, but most are assuming LG over Leary. IMO Leary is a better OL at this point than Free is.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Free is hurt and recovering from surgery so this doesn't make as strong of a statement about where he is going to play as the tweet seems to state. I'm still hoping he ends up starting at RT if he can beat out Free, but most are assuming LG over Leary. IMO Leary is a better OL at this point than Free is.

If Collins ends up playing for the Cowboys, this could be one of the best O-lines ever. McFadden should run for 3,000 yards. No excuses from 'Boys fans please!!!

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Collins ends up playing for the Cowboys, this could be one of the best O-lines ever. McFadden should run for 3,000 yards. No excuses from 'Boys fans please!!!
Wait, did I hear you correctly? McFadden? 3000 yards? No way.

His production might be a little better from the O-line, but there is no way he will break the single season rush record. It takes talent to do that, and unfortunately for McFadden, he is lacking.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think McFadden even leads the team in carries or yards but I love the ridiculously high bar that can only lead to Dallas failing when it's not achieved...

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La'el Collins never declared this year's offensive line the "best in NFL history." He said it will be the best — with no timeline given.

It's a bold statement nonetheless, but you have to keep in mind the emotional roller coaster this guy went through just days earlier. He was questioned in a murder investigation, missed out on what should have been one of the best days of his life, and lost millions of dollars in the process.

Honestly, I don't have any problem with what Collins said, regardless of the circumstances. That press conference was beyond inspirational. I saw a guy who is motivated to be the best; who isn't afraid of adversity. Not someone who is attempting to troll fans with arrogant statements (even though the media would have us believe otherwise).

And let's not pretend like Collins' guarantee is really all that far fetched. Can Dallas' offensive line be considered one of the best of all time after just one tremendous season? Of course not. But if they continue to show this consistency over the next 5 years, they absolutely will be in the discussion. Believe it or not, these guys aren't even in their prime yet. Tyron Smith is still just 24 years old. Zack Martin is going into his second season, and Travis Frederick is going into his third. If La'el Collins lives up to expectations, you could potentially see Ronald Leary as a backup. That's ridiculous depth... especially in this era of salary caps.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3