• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

La'el Collins deal with Dallas is done.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has to be the worst place for him to go. He'll have a lot more competition and no guaranteed playing time. There are a lot more teams who desperately need him compared to the Cowboys.

I read today he grew up a Cowboys fan. That may have weighed in his decision. I was hoping he'd sign with Dallas but I didn't expect it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it, but the Cowboys just hit a home run. This is like getting a free first round pick and at a dirt cheap price. Surprised he didn't at least listen to a few other teams give a pitch, but I'm guessing since money wasn't going be a factor, that he just went with his favorite team.

Sucks for the rest of the NFL, but that is the way the ball bounces.

Good job by the Cowboys.

Last edited:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it, but the Cowboys just hit a home run. This is like getting a free first round pick and at a dirt cheap price. Surprised he didn't at least listen to a few other teams give a pitch, but I'm guessing since money wasn't going be a non factor, that he just went with his favorite team.

Good job by the Cowboys.

All things being equal very few things Jerry Jones cant sell. Plus I guarantee you Jerry helps him get some kind of endorsement to up his Income. People love the Cowboys as much as they hate them.

All in all excellent signing now lets see Collins succeed in the NFL.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he also gave him a press conference today, as he would have received if he was a first round pick.

Jones actually got a little emotional. It would really suck for the player if he had absolutely nothing to do with this tragedy (which it looks like is true) and lost about 8 million or so bucks he will never re-coup.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd wager Dallas was the only team willing to offer him significant money, especially guaranteed money, and all the other amenities that comes with being a first-round pick without being involved in a criminal investigation. There's a reason the guy went undrafted and it wasn't for lack of talent. Did he really "choose" Dallas? Not likely. I doubt he really had many other choices.

Dallas is gambling on several players that could have career implosions over the next few months.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd wager Dallas was the only team willing to offer him significant money, especially guaranteed money, and all the other amenities that comes with being a first-round pick without being involved in a criminal investigation. There's a reason the guy went undrafted and it wasn't for lack of talent. Did he really "choose" Dallas? Not likely. I doubt he really had many other choices.

Dallas is gambling on several players that could have career implosions over the next few months.
Salty AF

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone's angry.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas? Not even worried! I have some concern for the Giants, none for Dallas. :suds:

As a Philly fan I would expect most of your concerns are in house. Like will all those new acquisitions stay healthy?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you for real? Teams were lined up to give him that paltry guaranteed money.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason the guy went undrafted and it wasn't for lack of talent. Did he really "choose" Dallas? Not likely. I doubt he really had many other choices.
Supposedly there were other teams interested in signing him but the Cowboys are one of the glamour teams in the NFL.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd wager you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that why rex ryan was doing everything possible to sway him to buffalo?

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to be honest, little jealous of the Cowboys OL...They were beast last yr, DMC should not get hurt cause no one will touch him...Great move!!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been asking that myself. I've heard no team could offer more money and Dallas said he would compete at LG or RT from day 1. Dallas also sold him about playing with their already young assembled line and being a part of that.
If Dallas' line is as good as advertised, he really can't improve it much at all.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO his play will be devalued unless he is impressively good if the core that was there before he came to Dallas is there the whole time.
It's not just Atlanta though. There are a lot of other teams that could have upgraded a lot with him on the roster.

Devalued...at the end of his 2 yrs...UDFAs get to reup as we seen posted...if he's a starting RT let's say...he's going to get the market rate for a starting RT in FA...imo it won't matter if he's in ATL, BUF, DAL, etc.

I get what you're saying...some teams may not want to pay him top dollar because he played on such a talented team, but again assuming he's starting, he will be a very young FA...he will be in demand.

ATL...yeah...homer, he is the instant starting LG, possibly RT...I'd love him in PIT too.

What I find interesting is yesterday it was determined ATL didn't really reach out to Collins, but said they were interested. This is the make or break year for Baker...maybe it's just me being jaded, b/c he's played okay when healthy...I think they will spend a high pick on OL & edge rusher next year.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CEbot_FUMAEtnrX.jpg

Hearing him at the press conference yesterday, he is a funny dude and he sounds like an awesome person. Based on that and everything his teammates etc. have said he is not going to be a problem at all. Just some really unfortunate events that took place.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it, but the Cowboys just hit a home run. This is like getting a free first round pick and at a dirt cheap price. Surprised he didn't at least listen to a few other teams give a pitch, but I'm guessing since money wasn't going be a factor, that he just went with his favorite team.

Good job by the Cowboys.
Yeah. The Cowboys got a steal here. The only future problem could be his conduct off the field later on in his career. Although he probably didn't kill his ex-girlfriend, it foreshadows crimes to come.