• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

La'el Collins deal with Dallas is done.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Collins was highly overrated personally as everyone was projecting him in the 1st round simply due to the fact that this was one of the worst OL classes in years and years. But this is still getting a 2nd rounder prospect for nothing.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a steal. Got to give Jerrah props for sealing the deal that fast. Helped he could offer that he'd be so close to home. Their Oline is really impressive. Now whose going to run the ball through all those holes?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Collins was highly overrated personally as everyone was projecting him in the 1st round simply due to the fact that this was one of the worst OL classes in years and years. But this is still getting a 2nd rounder prospect for nothing.

What? It was rated as one of the deepest Oline drafts in years.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all teams why Dallas? It doesn't make any sense.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all teams why Dallas? It doesn't make any sense.
been asking that myself. I've heard no team could offer more money and Dallas said he would compete at LG or RT from day 1. Dallas also sold him about playing with their already young assembled line and being a part of that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets tap those brakes and go with serious contender

I'm trying to but they were serious contenders last year. You have to hope they take the next step. I'm not saying they will win the Super Bowl but based on what they have done, on paper they are as good as anybody in the league.
been asking that myself. I've heard no team could offer more money and Dallas said he would compete at LG or RT from day 1. Dallas also sold him about playing with their already young assembled line and being a part of that.

I think that's the biggest part of it. Assuming all the teams offer similar money he has to look at what's next. When his contract is up, he's playing with the best o-line in the league, he's going to look like a stud and it will help him max out on his next deal. Sure he could go start for a team that's in dire need of o-line help but if that line sucks it makes him look bad and diminishes his value.

He will be a starter for Dallas. If nothing else he will beat out Leary and then will likely be RT next year.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has to be the worst place for him to go. He'll have a lot more competition and no guaranteed playing time. There are a lot more teams who desperately need him compared to the Cowboys.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has to be the worst place for him to go. He'll have a lot more competition and no guaranteed playing time. There are a lot more teams who desperately need him compared to the Cowboys.
but what if he starts day one along side Smith, Frederick & Martin.
Remember...the money is the same

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but what if he starts day one along side Smith, Frederick & Martin.
Remember...the money is the same
Then his market value after his contract expires is worth less because Dallas already had the best offensive line in the league before he came.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to but they were serious contenders last year. You have to hope they take the next step. I'm not saying they will win the Super Bowl but based on what they have done, on paper they are as good as anybody in the league.

I think they played themselves into contenders last year, not sure about the serious part. As always, health will have it's say in all that

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then his market value after his contract expires is worth less because Dallas already had the best offensive line in the league before he came.
or his play is elevated and commands more on the open market 4 years from now. Jerry most likely ups him before he see's the open market. Time will tell this tale

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three first round talents, they pulled this year.

Jones, Gregory. Now Collins. Damn.

He woulda made a nice LG in Pittsburgh. Shoulda drafted him, but this was clearly another one of those unofficial league mandates.

Agreed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idk...I think he's going to get market rate money for a comparable player. I don't think it will hurt him much to be surrounded by other top talent.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now...if he can't crack the starting lineup...then yes, he made a mistake. ATL would've been a much friendly team to get playing time.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk...I think he's going to get market rate money for a comparable player. I don't think it will hurt him much to be surrounded by other top talent.
IMO his play will be devalued unless he is impressively good if the core that was there before he came to Dallas is there the whole time.
Now...if he can't crack the starting lineup...then yes, he made a mistake. ATL would've been a much friendly team to get playing time.
It's not just Atlanta though. There are a lot of other teams that could have upgraded a lot with him on the roster.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying that a big pay day can't be in his future now. If anything, we've historically seen guys benefit from being surrounded by top notch talent, arguably because it makes them look better. If this dude starts and isn't a bum, even if it's just in his 3rd season, someone will have a nice deal lined up for him.