• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LaCanfora says Skins likely trading down.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that there are hopeful thoughts of moving down in this draft a collecting a bountiful haul from another team. That said, I have to ask, if Miami is that targeted team and getting their 3 selections plus is the goal, then doesn't that potential trade set the standard for what it would take to make such a deal with other teams?

For the record, Miami certainly went through a lot of shit in order to put themselves in the position that they have. It seems counterintuitive, to think that they would give it all up for one selection. They have the same opportunity to retool their team with what they have, why give it up?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that there are hopeful thoughts of moving down in this draft a collecting a bountiful haul from another team. That said, I have to ask, if Miami is that targeted team and getting their 3 selections plus is the goal, then doesn't that potential trade set the standard for what it would take to make such a deal with other teams?

For the record, Miami certainly went through a lot of shit in order to put themselves in the position that they have. It seems counterintuitive, to think that they would give it all up for one selection. They have the same opportunity to retool their team with what they have, why give it up?

I agree. I don't see us trading down at all. Miami will likely stand pat. I think the Chargers could jump Miami to #3 to get their QB

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been on the WAS should not trade down and take Young...but lets look at this for a second. I feel like the only teams that could trade down is the LA Chargers and Miami. Miami more likely bc of all those picks. But why would Miami trade down? I feel the only reason they would is bc they think the Chargers want to jump in front of them.

So if the Skins do trade down I think it would go something like this:

1 Bengals - Burrow
2 Dolphins - Tua
3 Lions - Young? Most likely.
4 Giants - Okudah/Simmons
5 Redskins - So if the Skins having so many needs it all comes down to, "Will you be happy with any of those 3 players? Or just Young or Simmons? If they just are looking for more draft capital to build this young roster and take a LT, then go for it.

I would only trade down if Miami wanted to move up and they gave up their 5, 18 with either a 20 or 21 2nd rounder. You are locked into one of those 3 players: Okudah, Young or Simmons. My guess Okudah would drop in that scenario.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been on the WAS should not trade down and take Young...but lets look at this for a second. I feel like the only teams that could trade down is the LA Chargers and Miami. Miami more likely bc of all those picks. But why would Miami trade down? I feel the only reason they would is bc they think the Chargers want to jump in front of them.

So if the Skins do trade down I think it would go something like this:

1 Bengals - Burrow
2 Dolphins - Tua
3 Lions - Young? Most likely.
4 Giants - Okudah/Simmons
5 Redskins - So if the Skins having so many needs it all comes down to, "Will you be happy with any of those 3 players? Or just Young or Simmons? If they just are looking for more draft capital to build this young roster and take a LT, then go for it.

I would only trade down if Miami wanted to move up and they gave up their 5, 18 with either a 20 or 21 2nd rounder. You are locked into one of those 3 players: Okudah, Young or Simmons. My guess Okudah would drop in that scenario.

I don't know what Miami is worried about. The Chargers don't have enough draft capital to make a trade up. They would have to give up a 2021 1st round and more to move up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Miami is worried about. The Chargers don't have enough draft capital to make a trade up. They would have to give up a 2021 1st round.

If a team wants their franchise QB...they be willing to give up their 21 1st. It's not like the Chargers are really starting from scratch, they still have a talented roster with star young players on that defense.

That being said, I don't think the Chargers will trade up but if the Skins want to trade down it would be their best interest to make it look LA is willing to though. If there is a team that would go for that bluff, it's Miami.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team wants their franchise QB...they be willing to give up their 21 1st. It's not like the Chargers are really starting from scratch, they still have a talented roster with star young players on that defense.

That being said, I don't think the Chargers will trade up but if the Skins want to trade down it would be their best interest to make it look LA is willing to though. If there is a team that would go for that bluff, it's Miami.

The Chargers would at least have to give up a 2020 2nd rounder and 2021 first rounder to move to #2. The price would be cheaper for them to do a deal with the Lions. The trade hot spot is at #3 not #2.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers would at least have to give up a 2020 2nd rounder and 2021 first rounder to move to #2. The price would be cheaper for them to do a deal with the Lions. The trade hot spot is at #3 not #2.

Ohh absolutely. The Chargers are unlikely to trade down, if they do it would be to #3. Miami would be the most likely team to trade up, that's what I said from the start but I kinda doubt that as well. Some stuff would really have to go down for one of two to trade up.

That being said, I don't think WAS should trade down. Take Young who is a stud and enjoy him. I will say I don't think he is as "NFL ready" as Bosa was last year but I feel his potential is through the roof.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh absolutely. The Chargers are unlikely to trade down, if they do it would be to #3. Miami would be the most likely team to trade up, that's what I said from the start but I kinda doubt that as well. Some stuff would really have to go down for one of two to trade up.

That being said, I don't think WAS should trade down. Take Young who is a stud and enjoy him. I will say I don't think he is as "NFL ready" as Bosa was last year but I feel his potential is through the roof.

Young was more productive then both Bosa's at Ohio St. No team should pass on élite pass rushers unless its for a QB. You can make an argument for LT but there is no consensus #1 LT. Everyone has a different opinion about these LT's. Who is the #1 ranked LT in the draft ? Becton? Wrifs? Thomas? Wills?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Miami is worried about. The Chargers don't have enough draft capital to make a trade up. They would have to give up a 2021 1st round and more to move up.

Miami isn't concerned at all. They are in the most enviable position in the entire draft.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami isn't concerned at all. They are in the most enviable position in the entire draft.

exactly. I think Miami holds on to their pics or uses their #18 and a 2nd round pick to move up in the top 10 to get their LT.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Miami has a targeted "franchise" QB and his name isn't Burrow, then standing pat is their best move. Washington nor the NYG's are in the QB market, Detroit likely goes defense (Young if there, Simmons or Okuda if he isn't) Net result, Miami gets their choice. BTW: even if some team jumps ahead of them, they still have pretty good options at QB.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing, check out the draft history of San Diego's GM Tom Telesco. He extremely conservative and very rarely moves up in drafts. He could surprise and go against his conventional model, but it's highly doubtful that we'll see the Chargers move up in a draft with him as GM. In fact his history suggests that he's more likely to move down than up.

Tom Telesco's trade history has been underwhelming
October 24, 2019 | Chargers Wire...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young was more productive then both Bosa's at Ohio St. No team should pass on élite pass rushers unless its for a QB. You can make an argument for LT but there is no consensus #1 LT. Everyone has a different opinion about these LT's. Who is the #1 ranked LT in the draft ? Becton? Wrifs? Thomas? Wills?

I think both Bosa's were more NFL ready though...I mean that isn't a bad thing. It's hard to replicate what Bosa did in his rookie year. I think Young has the higher ceiling but you really never know. I agree, you can't pass on this opportunity, he is too big of a difference maker.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami has a targeted "franchise" QB and his name isn't Burrow, then standing pat is their best move. Washington nor the NYG's are in the QB market, Detroit likely goes defense (Young if there, Simmons or Okuda if he isn't) Net result, Miami gets their choice. BTW: even if some team jumps ahead of them, they still have pretty good options at QB.

Miami is in a good spot but if they have reason to believe LA is moving up...their draft spot is threatened. It doesn't matter if there are other QB options if they only have one guy they think will be their franchise QB, Tua.

So what if LA moved up to 3 and there are rumors they love Tua but Miami does too? That puts WAS in the perfect spot to trade down AND get great value. Crazy shit happens all the time. Now, I'm not sure who LA likes for QB, maybe Herbert...I know they met with Herbert. I thought I heard Miami loved Tua so not sure other options will cut it. So as of know I don't either trading down but if the Chargers start to jump on the Tua train...this could get interesting.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing, check out the draft history of San Diego's GM Tom Telesco. He extremely conservative and very rarely moves up in drafts. He could surprise and go against his conventional model, but it's highly doubtful that we'll see the Chargers move up in a draft with him as GM. In fact his history suggests that he's more likely to move down than up.

Tom Telesco's trade history has been underwhelming
October 24, 2019 | Chargers Wire...

Very true but they have also had Rivers for the past 15 years. You don't see many teams move up other than taking a QB or maybe an elite defensive player/EDGE guy.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a cover LB is just as good as a dominate pass rusher?
If you need to downplay Simmons like that, there's no point in having a discussion.

If we draft Young, one of Ionnaidis, Allen or Payne have to go to the bench, and Settle won't get off the bench. Sacking the QB was arguably the single best thing Washington did last season. They were 1 sack behind 7th place in the NFL and 8 sacks behind 1st place Pittsburg. Getting Young would still leave a ton of holes, and filling 1 or optimistically 2 holes a year through the draft with this roster just isn't good enough.