• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Dodgers 2013 Ongoing Thread

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ned is a fucking dumbass! We did not need another catcher good lord

Well we did need another catcher, but not Butera and certainly not at the price of Sulbaran

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Dodgers ‏@Dodgers 7m
If you are not tuned in every night, you are missing history. 8 straight, 23-3 since the All-Star break, and 40 out of the last 48.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we did need another catcher, but not Butera and certainly not at the price of Sulbaran

That still is a dumb ass trade considering Sulbaran's potential. Fuck you Ned!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid Dodger tricks.

It was on this date back in 1926 that, when Babe Herman doubles with the bases loaded, three Dodgers wind up on third base. The runner on second rounds third but decides to go back as the runner from first reaches the same base, and a few seconds later Herman slides in to join his two teammates.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 game win streak ends

Can't say enough about how good this team is right now...

go Dodgers!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was on this date back in 1965 that Juan Marichal thinks Johnny Roseboro throws too close to his head returning the ball to Sandy Koufax and attacks the Dodger catcher with his bat. The Los Angeles backstop suffers cuts on the head during the 14-minute brawl.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I remember the game vividly. Marichal should have been arrested, prosecuted and sent to prison. The guy was a great pitcher, but I've never had any respect for him.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the game, that is sad how old I am:L
Better old than dead!

As a Red Sox fan I won't be rooting for your team this weekend, but as a 65 year old
I'm a bit more sympathetic.

Will be looking at this forum now and then, but it won't change my Red Sox
loyalty.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor should it, Brahmsian...........Obviously I'm hoping the Dodgers beat the Red Sox, but I've always liked the Red Sox and have a great deal of respect for the organization and its very storied history.

It should be a good Series and maybe a preview of the WS. Fortunately for the Red Sox, they'll miss Greinke and Kershaw, I believe.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Jeong starred in arguably the bro-manc-iest of all bromance movies as the antihero in the "Hangover" trilogy, so it's probably only fitting that he was part of some serious man love during his recent foray into the wacky world of "Express Written Consent."

Hanging in the Klondike suite at Dodger Stadium with MLB.com's Jeremy Brisiel, Jeong -- also known as, for "Hangover" fans, Mr. Chow -- was happily chirping along about his background as a lifelong Dodgers fan when suddenly, without warning, he was left speechless.

As soon as he told J.B., "I grew up a Dodgers fan. I'm talking a Steve Garvey, [Tommy] Lasorda Dodgers fan. A Dodgers I-choose-Garvey-over-Reggie-Jackson Dodgers fan," he noticed someone had taken the seat right next to him.
Steve Garvey. Yes, that Steve Garvey.
Patting Jeong's head with an orange cloth napkin of some sort, Garvey told the comedian to "snap out of it" when Jeong declared that this awestruck moment had caused him to totally be taken out of his comedic element.

"This is the man," Jeong said. "I can't ... You can't ... I've got to be humble. He's the man. Honestly, this is a life highlight for me. I'm serious."
It's hard to envision any situation that would leave Jeong at a loss. After all, this is a guy who made a name for himself by playing a loud, rude, flamboyant, nutty international criminal who jumped out of trunks in various stages of dress -- and by "various stages" we mean naked -- while swinging a crowbar. (Side note: he told US Magazine that his wife approved of the scene, saying, "This will be the feel-good movie of the year. Every guy will go home feeling good about himself.")

But as fearless as Jeong comes off, he has his limitations, too, and a visit from Garvey, apparently, is where the threshold ends.
"I can't believe this is actually happening," Jeong said.
"If we win tonight, you have to come back tomorrow," Garvey answered.

Jeong's love for the Dodgers is somewhat random. He was born in Detroit but grew up in North Carolina, and without a local Major League Baseball team to root for, he had to pick a team located elsewhere.
"You're either going to gravitate toward East or West," Jeong said. "For some reason I just always kind of grew up loving L.A. sports. I can't even pinpoint why. It just happened."
Whether Jeong's love for L.A. sports led to possibly the most drastic career change in the history of career changes is not known, but he has to be pleased that his decision to chuck being a doctor and take on the unstable world of standup comedy led him to Hollywood, the hometown of his beloved Dodgers.
Jeong attended Duke University, and after graduating in 1990, received his medical degree from the University of North Carolina five years later. He finished his residency at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, where he began to develop himself as a comic.

He's a licensed physician in California, but it's highly unlikely he'll turn back to practicing medicine. Not when he can make people laugh as a risk-taking actor without much of a filter.
"I thought I'd first be a doctor and save some lives," he said, "and I'll get naked and jump out of a trunk or two and do some movies."

Now back to Garvey. Jeong watched with rapt attention as the Dodgers legend signed a new Dodgers jersey for him, which Jeong put on over the Dodgers jersey he was already wearing.
After Garvey left the suite, Jeong gathered himself a bit.
"I know I've been joking all night, but this kid is crying on the inside," he said. "Tears of joy. I can't believe that just happened. It's impossible to be cynical in this world when this just happened.
"That's what baseball is all about. That's why this is America's pastime. It is a field of dreams. It really is."

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's great on Community too, great actor.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much do you think the winning contributed to Vin's decision to come back?

Last edited by a moderator:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot, Vin claimed that he "got swept up" in the frenzy along with the fans. He said gosh, how could I ever walk away from this?

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can get Vin 1 more world series before he retires as he is Dodger Baseball. I cant imagine it without Vin calling games/

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am already very worried about the predicament I'm going to be in if the NLCS is the Pirates vs. Dodgers.

As happy as I am for the Pirates and their fans, I don't think I can root against the Dodgers and Vin. If Steve Lyons was calling the games, it'd be much easier. :D

Oh, and Vin is wrong, all that blue in the stands is Padres fans. We own Dodger tonight. :nod:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can get Vin 1 more world series before he retires as he is Dodger Baseball. I cant imagine it without Vin calling games/

Champagne will be all over Vin if we win the WS it will be a priceless moment!:suds: