• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Tlance

"I have repeatedly said that I think Kyrie is overrated because he is a ball stopper and he doesn't defend. He has improved somewhat on both points in Boston, which is a big plus in his column.

I have also said that Kyrie is a top 2 scorer in the entire league, that he is highly valuable for that reason. Yet, at the same time his overall impact isn't as great as you think because of the first 2 claims.

The bottom line is that if we were to both rank the top 20 players in the NBA, I would place Kyrie about 2-3 spots lower than you. IMO Kyrie is a very good player and a highly valuable one. Just not a superstar level player because he isn't James Harden level dominant and he isn't a 2 way player.

This year...

Kyrie has a higher win share, defensive win share, lower usage rate and averages more assists than Curry. His impact seems pretty good to me.

Kyrie Irving

Assists 6.5, win share .211, usage # 29.1, defensive win share 1.8

Steph Curry

Assists 5.5, win share .207, usage # 31.1, defensive win share 0.9

What do you mean by his overall impact is not that great?

@tlance

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No small PG is ever going to be a 2 way player...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too long ago you had Kyrie as the 3rd best player in the league.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie has improved, which can be credited to multiple things.

1) Better overall surrounding cast. His Cleveland squads were very top heavy, which put a big burder on him having to produce offensively. Boston has more overall talent top to bottom and is more balanced in that aspect. It takes a load off of his shoulders in always having to create or score and he can focus on being a more well rounded defensive player.

2) Brad Stevens and his coaching staff do a great job of scheming, both offensively and defensively. It puts Kyrie in better positions on the court and thus far he's showing that he's bought in.

3) Less pressure due to being in Lebron's shadow. Playing with Lebron isn't easy. Simple as that. Without Lebron there, the media scrutiny of his Boston squad is exponentially less than any team he would have to be on with Lebron.

I think Kyrie generally hovers anywhere from the top 12-20 players in the NBA. He's basically in the 2nd tier for me of NBA stars with Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, etc.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also why is this in the fouled out section already? I think this could be interesting basketball discussion.

@trojanfan12

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I've even heard or seen this section. what is it supposed to be for?

Browse it and come to your own conclusion about what type of threads go there. LOL.