• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyler Murray Entering NFL Draft

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you absolutely pull the trigger at 15 on him at 15 because he fulfills 2 requirements potentially . he is a qb and a difference maker

you start colt in 19 , PUP smith , and when smith comes back (if) you have him at #2 and you keep murray on the sidelines unless injuries occur (play his ass off in preseason though )

i think you can start him off in an RPO offense mush like JJ

as for baseball ? he is a 296 college hitter so we will see

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Primary stat, Mayfield started instead of Murray in 2017.

Make assumptions much? For all you or anyone else knows, that might have happened because Mayfield was there first and playing at his Heisman level. Why change? Nice try though!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make assumptions much? For all you or anyone else knows, that might have happened because Mayfield was there first and playing at his Heisman level. Why change? Nice try though!!

No assumption, Murray became a starter after Mayfield left. I know you don't like when I show where you took a left turn but it is what it is. Actually their senior stats are close to identical except for Murray running a bit more. You know white guys can't run or jump. :thumb:

If you like the kid you should wish he doesn't come here. Look what happened to me, I liked Cousin's and look how they treated him.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oakland A's are visiting with Oklahoma redshirt junior QB Kyler Murray "in hopes of persuading" him to play baseball.

The A's just selected Murray with 9th overall pick in the 2018 MLB Draft and gave him a $4.6 million signing bonus, so the front office is desperate to retain him. However, Murray just played himself into the first-round of the 2019 NFL Draft if he declares, and that first-round signing bonus would be larger. It appears that Murray enjoys football more than baseball as well, and reports indicate that he's leaning towards the NFL. Murray must declare for the 2019 NFL Draft by Monday but declaring for the draft still wouldn't end this saga. He could try and play both sports.

Source: Bob Nightengale on Twitter
Jan 13 - 12:20 PM

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's shorter than Flutie. And, he's no Doug Flutie.

Pass...good luck in MLB young man.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta wonder if this is all a ploy by his agent to get the A's to cough up some more. Brilliant.[/QUOTE

I think that is possible as well as I think the A's might be afraid that the kid wants to play football. You never know with kids like this what they prefer or if they will decide somewhere down the road to try that other sport if they haven't already.

Who thought Michael Jordan was going to leave a great basketball career for a year or however long it was to play minor league baseball. This isn't uncharted territory. Russell Wilson will attend Yankees spring training again this year. Hell Mahomes could do that also.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that is possible as well as I think the A's might be afraid that the kid wants to play football. You never know with kids like this what they prefer or if they will decide somewhere down the road to try that other sport if they haven't already.

Who thought Michael Jordan was going to leave a great basketball career for a year or however long it was to play minor league baseball. This isn't uncharted territory. Russell Wilson will attend Yankees spring training again this year. Hell Mahomes could do that also.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you absolutely pull the trigger at 15 on him at 15 because he fulfills 2 requirements potentially . he is a qb and a difference maker

you start colt in 19 , PUP smith , and when smith comes back (if) you have him at #2 and you keep murray on the sidelines unless injuries occur (play his ass off in preseason though )

i think you can start him off in an RPO offense mush like JJ

as for baseball ? he is a 296 college hitter so we will see

TRUE a difference maker. That speaks volumes!!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No assumption, Murray became a starter after Mayfield left. I know you don't like when I show where you took a left turn but it is what it is. Actually their senior stats are close to identical except for Murray running a bit more. You know white guys can't run or jump. :thumb:

If you like the kid you should wish he doesn't come here. Look what happened to me, I liked Cousin's and look how they treated him.
No assumptions?...NO Assumptions?? Really? The idea that you show me where I go left, I get that, you have to convince yourself that you're doing that and good for you!!:thumb:

Now with respect to Mayfield and Murray, just so that I'm clear on this, your position is the "Primary stat, Mayfield started instead of Murray in 2017" correct? Further you write this as if it's a stand alone stat. Circumstances be damned huh? OK, so let's put your corrective bona fides to the test.

Kyler Murray born: August 7, 1997 (age 21) current school year Junior, transfer from Texas Tech and sits out the 2016 season after transfer to Oklahoma.

Baker Mayfield born: April 14, 1995 (age 23) drafted in 2018 after winning the 2017 Heisman as a senior at Oklahoma (Murray's first eligible season there)

Clearly B. Mayfield was the established starter and performing at what turned out to be at a Heisman trophy winning level. I actually think that it's pretty generous of you to make the assumption that Murray had a real chance to supplant Mayfield in 2017 just to Eff with me! Nice try though!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wanted to respond to this in a different post so here goes. I truly like this player because IMO he's already something that Kirk was never accused of...A difference maker! In fact a winning difference maker. DC's will have to game plan to stop him and his potential to make our mediocre receiving corp, dangerous in the same manner as Mayfield seems to be doing in Cleveland, Mahomes has done in Kansas City and from a historical perspective, P. Manning/ Brady did with otherwise mediocre receivers.

So, tell me what happened to you that wasn't self imposed? Kirk was Kirk, the pretty good player that I came to know and not the one that some here overhyped because he was, and let me get this right, "the best that we've had in a long time here." Maybe in time he proves me wrong again and becomes the "great" player that some here tout him to be, but right now, I'm sticking with "pretty good." Please forgo the "he's a top blah blah QB" argument It means Nothing!

To be clear, originally I saw him as a career back-up, over time his play convinced me that he was pretty good, not great, not special, just pretty good (competent for clarity). At present, I stand by that characterization.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to respond to this in a different post so here goes. I truly like this player because IMO he's already something that Kirk was never accused of...A difference maker! In fact a winning difference maker. DC's will have to game plan to stop him and his potential to make our mediocre receiving corp, dangerous in the same manner as Mayfield seems to be doing in Cleveland, Mahomes has done in Kansas City and from a historical perspective, P. Manning/ Brady did with otherwise mediocre receivers.

So, tell me what happened to you that wasn't self imposed? Kirk was Kirk, the pretty good player that I came to know and not the one that some here overhyped because he was, and let me get this right, "the best that we've had in a long time here." Maybe in time he proves me wrong again and becomes the "great" player that some here tout him to be, but right now, I'm sticking with "pretty good." Please forgo the "he's a top blah blah QB" argument It means Nothing!

To be clear, originally I saw him as a career back-up, over time his play convinced me that he was pretty good, not great, not special, just pretty good (competent for clarity). At present, I stand by that characterization.

I understand where you are coming from. I know you have man love this kid. Nothing wrong with that but that idea that I made an assumption because Mayfield started over him is ridiculous. Did you see Justin Fields just put in for a transfer? He was considered the TOP recruit following his senior season. Fromm beat him out. Do with that what you will.

I have nothing against the kid at all and he had a great season. I did NOT say he would be a better or worse NFL QB. You read way too much into what I say sometimes. Mostly I speak plainly and matter of factly. My only hesitance is that he is a dual sport player. I don't even care about his height. The game is changing. I see it as less of an issue than I would have 5 or 6 years ago.

As far as Cousin's you have once again run off restated what I said in a manner I never said it. I have always said he was the best QB here since Theismann and therefore better than anyone the Redskins have had since that time. I never said he was better than Brady, Rogers, Brees etc. That is you slanting the story in a direction you want to take it. A common practice by you. I always laugh at how you change your stance from it's a team game to HE (generic) is not good enough. I would gladly have kept him, our third round draft pick and Fuller. He has still thrown for 4,000+ yards, 25+ TDs and 90+ QB rating. But I know, he is vanilla. You should hope your Kyler Murray plays as well as Cousin's. You can say whatever you want but he is likely going to end up top 25 all time in passing yards. I think I will stand by my evaluation of him instead of yours.

Kerrigan has performed at the same level as Mack for the past three years but you insist on denying that. Man love again? Don't like white guys? Who knows … as someone who played football I thought you would be able to read the tea leaves of a player.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record I am teasing you about the don't like white guys. You like me even when we are giving each other business and if I got any whiter I would be a light bulb. :D

I would not be against Murray coming here. Not sure how he would play but he fits what I see at the new aged QB. For his sake I hope he doesn't come here because that could be a fate worse than death. Sad but true.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray could give the team a boost for sure .

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is very possible.

I am still of the mindset to get a killer edge rusher if possible to add to the front 5 we have now plus SDH and Foster.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where you are coming from. I know you have man love this kid. Nothing wrong with that but that idea that I made an assumption because Mayfield started over him is ridiculous. Did you see Justin Fields just put in for a transfer? He was considered the TOP recruit following his senior season. Fromm beat him out. Do with that what you will.

I have nothing against the kid at all and he had a great season. I did NOT say he would be a better or worse NFL QB. You read way too much into what I say sometimes. Mostly I speak plainly and matter of factly. My only hesitance is that he is a dual sport player. I don't even care about his height. The game is changing. I see it as less of an issue than I would have 5 or 6 years ago.

As far as Cousin's you have once again run off restated what I said in a manner I never said it. I have always said he was the best QB here since Theismann and therefore better than anyone the Redskins have had since that time. I never said he was better than Brady, Rogers, Brees etc. That is you slanting the story in a direction you want to take it. A common practice by you. I always laugh at how you change your stance from it's a team game to HE (generic) is not good enough. I would gladly have kept him, our third round draft pick and Fuller. He has still thrown for 4,000+ yards, 25+ TDs and 90+ QB rating. But I know, he is vanilla. You should hope your Kyler Murray plays as well as Cousin's. You can say whatever you want but he is likely going to end up top 25 all time in passing yards. I think I will stand by my evaluation of him instead of yours.

Kerrigan has performed at the same level as Mack for the past three years but you insist on denying that. Man love again? Don't like white guys? Who knows … as someone who played football I thought you would be able to read the tea leaves of a player.

You must have been high as hell when you typed this or unable to know that it's YOU who misstate things for your own purposes. Classic example, where did I state this anywhere??? " I never said he was better than Brady, Rogers, Brees etc."

The subject was and is Kirk and your unnatural inclination to see him for more than he is and has been.

I haven't denied anything about Kerrigan in fact I agreed that the use of stats make them comparable. Where you fail is in recognizing that there more to impacting the game than stats. It is damned near blasphemous to mention them in the same sentence. So, since you can't or won't make that distinction here it is. Kerrigan NEEDS someone else to enhance his abilities to be a force (see the anger towards Preston Smith) K. Mack makes everyone around him better, period.