• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Shanahan, stick a fork in him?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why they wouldnt get a 3rd in the upcoming draft and AT LEAST a 2nd in the following draft. Their baseline is the Wentz trade really. And there are going to be even more suitors on the market this year for a QB than there were last year with Ben and Brady calling it quits.
I think the absolute floor is a 3rd. I would be shocked if that is all they get, though.

The Niners gave up the first pick in the second round to get him. I doubt they get that value back, but I think a mid-2 is a realistic expectation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Rams reach the Super Bowl with Goff ? Yes they did, so who can say for certain they won't have again?
The Niners went with Kap and with Jimmy.

The Ravens WON with Detmer.

just because it CAN be done doesn’t mean that is the way you should plan.

Heck, the chickens made it to the playoffs with a losing record. Doesn’t mean teams go into the season trying for a losing record since it has happened before.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um…

Anyone who ever saw Goff play?
Nah. Goff already made a SB. No reason to automatically assume he wouldnt have or couldnt have done the same with this Rams roster.

But thats the point. We wont ever know. Its all assumption . So all a trade gets judged by is its end result. Whether its reality or not

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why they wouldnt get a 3rd in the upcoming draft and AT LEAST a 2nd in the following draft. Their baseline is the Wentz trade really. And there are going to be even more suitors on the market this year for a QB than there were last year with Ben and Brady calling it quits.

Wentz was far more talented than Graprorlrorlrol. Wentz just got injured whenever the wind reached 10 MPH. Jimmy has a similar problem in that regard, but it needs to reach 15 mph so I guess that's some upside, but not worth a 2nd round let alone 3rd round pick to consume $26M of cap.

Some stupid team will overpay him probably and then cut him after the 2022 season and he'll bounce around here and there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was far more talented than Graprorlrorlrol. Wentz just got injured whenever the wind reached 10 MPH. Jimmy has a similar problem in that regard, but it needs to reach 15 mph so I guess that's some upside, but not worth a 2nd round let alone 3rd round pick to consume $26M of cap.

Some stupid team will overpay him probably and then cut him after the 2022 season and he'll bounce around here and there.
Ian Rappaport was on KNBR yesterday and said he expected the Niners to pull AT LEAST a 2nd rounder, MAYBE a 1st.

I think that is a bit optimistic, but he knows a lot more about this stuff than I do, so it made me some hope that maybe we can turn him into a nice OL or DB

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rappaport was on KNBR yesterday and said he expected the Niners to pull AT LEAST a 2nd rounder, MAYBE a 1st.

I think that is a bit optimistic, but he knows a lot more about this stuff than I do, so it made me some hope that maybe we can turn him into a nice OL or DB

Eh you're probably right. There's obviously teams out there that need QBs... Lions, Houston (pending Watson), Washington, Denver, Pitts... not a great draft for QBs...

And QBs are always overvalued because... it's a QB. So you're probably correct. My point just was Wentz was a better snag than Garporlrorlol.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be ecstatic for a 2nd rounder. Kinda thinking we don't do better than a 3rd. I think Jimmy was well worth what we gave up for him, but I think that ACL injury took away a lot of his ability to extend plays.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly talented. Clearly a very very good coach. But after having sole rights to the play-calling in that superbowl, and now this. Hes head has to be realllly screwed up.
tenor.png
He is a one trick pony. When his game plan doesn't work he is helpless to adjust in game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ecstatic for a 2nd rounder. Kinda thinking we don't do better than a 3rd. I think Jimmy was well worth what we gave up for him, but I think that ACL injury took away a lot of his ability to extend plays.
He is glass, absolutely. But he also has trouble seeing the field and makes questionable decisions.

He is a GREAT leader. He is mobile (for a pocket passer). He is a good player, he just isn’t the type of QB who carry the team when needed. He needs others to pick up their share.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a one trick pony. When his game plan doesn't work he is helpless to adjust in game.
It really seems that way. He also really struggles to coach with a lead in big games it appears