• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Larson

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing I saw was that he'd been suspended indefinitely by NASCAR. :noidea:
he was but has to go to sensitivity training to be re instated
jeremy clements went thru same thing and was out 2 weeks :suds:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiotic thing to do. Such an idiot. He's made his bed now...

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic.

He wasn’t saying it in a derogatory manner toward a black. He was joking around with his buds. No harm to anyone except bleeding hearts.
Agreed. However, you just CANNOT say it. Joking or not. It's the world in which we live now. Of all the words he could've used---asshole, prick, bitch, dumbass, dick, etc. he uses THE word instead.

I saw the video for the first time today. I had heard about, but hadn't seen it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, that was really stupid.

He clearly uses the word often judging by it's casual use.

Sounds like he was talking to someone he knew and it wasn't directed at black people.

With that being said, I understand NASCAR hitting him with the ban hammer.

What he said reinforces stereotypes about that sport and they want to distance themselves from his fuckery.

He will pay his penance like Hulk Hogan did when the WWE put him in the penalty box for a bit and then he will move forward.

He doesn't deserve the death penalty over this. But, he's a idiot for saying it and a bigger one for not knowing he had a audience.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like he was talking to someone he knew and it wasn't directed at black people.

What he said reinforces stereotypes about that sport and they want to distance themselves from his fuckery.

He will pay his penance like Hulk Hogan did when the WWE put him in the penalty box for a bit and then he will move forward.

He doesn't deserve the death penalty over this. But, he's a idiot for saying it and a bigger one for not knowing he had a audience.

Said “stereotypes” built nascar to its heights. It’s when nascar turned it’s back on those “stereotypes” that the sport started dying.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it really reinforces stereotypes. The stereotypes of NASCAR drivers and fans are white rednecks from the rural south. Larson is a half Japanese preppy dude from California.

NASCAR didn't ban him. He'll be reinstated after he completes their sensitivity training and the like, but he's gonna have a tough time finding a sponsor willing to tie their name to him, and no sponsor means no ride. He can sign with a low level team, and run mid pack for a year or two and rebuild his reputation and get back, but he's got a long road ahead.

He was the favorite to take over the retiring Jimmie Johnson's ride for Hendrick Motorsports(the most successful team in NASCAR over the last 25 years) next season, but that'll never happen now.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it really reinforces stereotypes. The stereotypes of NASCAR drivers and fans are white rednecks from the rural south. Larson is a half Japanese preppy dude from California.

NASCAR didn't ban him. He'll be reinstated after he completes their sensitivity training and the like, but he's gonna have a tough time finding a sponsor willing to tie their name to him, and no sponsor means no ride. He can sign with a low level team, and run mid pack for a year or two and rebuild his reputation and get back, but he's got a long road ahead.

He was the favorite to take over the retiring Jimmie Johnson's ride for Hendrick Motorsports(the most successful team in NASCAR over the last 25 years) next season, but that'll never happen now.
First and foremost, you are taking my word choice way to deliberately.

I know he didn't get banned...lmfao

Secondly, you assume that your average non-Nascar fan is going to take the extra 5 seconds to pay attention to his mixed heritage.

That's not how selfrighteous indignation works. They see white skin, Nascar, slur.

Lastly, it doesn't perpetuate the stereotype?

Maybe I'm the only one who sees it that way.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said “stereotypes” built nascar to its heights. It’s when nascar turned it’s back on those “stereotypes” that the sport started dying.
Meh....

Not my cup of tea.

So, I don't have a dog in this race.

Ps. This is the internet.

We don't have to talk in code.

I'm not sensitive.

There is nothing you can say to me that hasn't been said a million times during my 10 years in the Navy or my 14 as a corrections officer in LA.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Secondly, you assume that your average non-Nascar fan is going to take the extra 5 seconds to pay attention to his mixed heritage.

That's not how selfrighteous indignation works. They see white skin, Nascar, slur.

Fuck nascar.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

actually this is true.
Watched on one of these shows it had Stephen A. another black guy (dont know who he was) & Max kellerman.
the two black guys talk of the name used & some typical points of view even though they both disagreeed if any one is allowed to use it. Point is they in their rant said White men arent allowed to say it. (both knowing he was half japanese)

So when a guy is half black & half white. he is considered black by these guys.
When a guy is half another race & half white he is considered white.
I usually find a lot of hypocrisy when people talk of racism from any side when they are passionate about it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually this is true.
Watched on one of these shows it had Stephen A. another black guy (dont know who he was) & Max kellerman.
the two black guys talk of the name used & some typical points of view even though they both disagreeed if any one is allowed to use it. Point is they in their rant said White men arent allowed to say it. (both knowing he was half japanese)

So when a guy is half black & half white. he is considered black by these guys.
When a guy is half another race & half white he is considered white.
I usually find a lot of hypocrisy when people talk of racism from any side when they are passionate about it.
That's because it is hypocrisy.

I'm black, my husband is Mexican and Belize.

My daughter, by birth, looks straight Hispanic.

My daughter, by adoption, looks like a lighter skinned black girl. But, my husband is her birth father and her birth mom was white.

Problem with both situations?

Both of their birth certificates say black.

Society loves to put people in little boxes and racism is not just a white people problem.

I used to get asked on a daily basis if I was the babysitter...lol

Not once was it by a Caucasian.

I used to get asked " Why didn't you adopt a black kid"?

Every time it was in reference to my birth daughter, who is partially black, and the question never came from a white person.

My kid would get the business at school anytime I showed up for school events, teacher conferences , plays you name it....

.....and this was in Liberal ass California.

The best decision I ever made in my life was moving out of California to Arizona.

Here, racism is overt. I don't need to guess who's door I shouldn't knock on to borrow a cup of sugar.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3