• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kraft Still Trying To Suppress Tape Of Lil' Kraft

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Florida judges are all too eager to help him keep footage of his little Patriot under wraps.

But the arguments are laughably bad!

A lower state court has already suppressed the videotape from the January 2019 encounters between Kraft, now 79, and a masseuse at the Orchids of Asia spa in Jupiter, Fla., ruling in part the police did not do enough as legally required to minimize the taping of noncriminal activity. The police were investigating a series of spas for allegedly offering sex acts, and secretly installed cameras in the massage rooms.

“Running across the state’s bid for reversal in all these cases is the specter of a police state,” said Derek Shaffer of Quinn, Emanuel, Urquhart & Sullivan, Kraft’s lawyer. “One where police could inject the most invasive forms of surveillance into the most sensitive and private of settings to investigate the most mundane offenses. Appellants stand together to defend the constitutional and judicial checks that have stood in the way of that. And that should continue to stand in the way of that in Florida, just as they do elsewhere in the country.”

And the three-judge panel on Tuesday appeared receptive to that argument, at times all but suggesting lines of argument to the lawyers. Judge Melanie May even hinted that evidence from the police stopping Kraft’s car leaving the parking lot of the spa could be suppressed, which has not been requested by the Patriots owner.

“Can I just ask you one quick question: Was there any challenge to the stop of your client?” she asked Shaffer toward the end of the roughly 90-minute hearing. “Because I note in the affidavit apparently all the patrons that left committed traffic violations, but in your client’s case, he was simply stopped leaving.”

Shaffer readily agreed evidence generated by the stop should be suppressed.

Robert Kraft's counsel warns of 'police state' if videotape...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The details are cringe-worthy, I can only imagine how bad the tape is.

A Florida prosecutor, meanwhile, repeated the arguments made in a series of briefs over the course of the appeal that the searches and surveillance of the spa were conducted properly.

“These defendants didn’t leave on their underwear,” said Jeffrey DeSousa, Florida’s deputy solicitor general, of men caught in the sting last January. “Mr. Kraft removed his immediately … apparently that’s an indication he’s going to pay for sex so we were authorized to film that.”

Kraft was handed a significant victory last May when a Palm Beach County judge suppressed tapes of his alleged sex acts at the spa, captured by Jupiter, Fla., police in a five-day sting. Florida prosecutors immediately appealed the ruling, and have since argued that tapes of Kraft’s alleged activity do not deserve the same protection that is extended to innocent women who received legal massages during the same sting.

“You would never suppress the evidence that was properly seized,” DeSousa said, noting a suppression of after-hours recordings, as suggested by Kraft, would still leave him unprotected.

Kraft's attorney fights to keep Orchids of Asia tapes secret

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“You would never suppress the evidence that was properly seized,” DeSousa said,
I could have sworn that said "you'd never suppress evidence if it was properly sized" :L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffrey DeSousa, Florida’s deputy solicitor general

A fitting title some might say...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Kraft's penchant for hookers and sex slaves pre-dated Myra's death?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His little patriot

:laugh:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Kraft's penchant for hookers and sex slaves pre-dated Myra's death?
4FC137F800000578-0-image-a-12_1536191233006.jpg

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Kraft rockin them Air Force Ones like he's still in his 20s.
She's wearing flats and is still 6" taller than the little shrimp.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nuthin’ here

... it’s pretty much known that a lotta Benjamin Franklins trump a little patriot

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Kraft rockin them Air Force Ones like he's still in his 20s.

You gotta respect his game. He's like, I know I look fucking ridiculous, but dammit I am a billionaire and I am going to be comfortable fucking models and wearing Nikes no matter what.

Now if only he could get that SB ring back from Putin...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have sworn that said "you'd never suppress evidence if it was properly sized" :L

Well, that's a given. Dude probably has a tiny Patriot.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta respect his game. He's like, I know I look fucking ridiculous, but dammit I am a billionaire and I am going to be comfortable fucking models and wearing Nikes no matter what.

Now if only he could get that SB ring back from Putin...
Seein him with women like that makes me wonder why he’s payin for oriental handies at some 2nd hand strip mall massage parlor though...

Pictures like that are all for show if he has to pay trailer trash to get to 2nd base

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seein him with women like that makes me wonder why he’s payin for oriental handies at some 2nd hand strip mall massage parlor though...

Pictures like that are all for show if he has to pay trailer trash to get to 2nd base
I'm guessing the paid trailer trash is considerably less revolted by him than the paid supermodel and he can sense that?