• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kovy needs to shoot more

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe I'm saying that.... hes damned if he does and damned if he doesnt I guess...

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bingo. i think hes never quite shot as much as he should since coming here.

he could be lethal if he started.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson needs to be playing on a line where he is utilized better was a great play he made on the PP anyone else at the game

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it, I dont get on Kovy for shooting too much, I get on him for his lack of passing

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the unis from afar, not up close.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm fishsticks

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson needs to be playing on a line where he is utilized better was a great play he made on the PP anyone else at the game

Wouldn't mind seeing him with Zajac when Travis returns. The top 2 lines look good right now, Travis, Clarkie and maybe Teddy.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Isles uniforms look like a Mets hockey jersey. Awful.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now that I think about it, I dont get on Kovy for shooting too much, I get on him for his lack of passing

haha why don't you get on at him for the F'n TURNOVERS! my god it's ridiculous and it hasn't really gotten better since they were apparently working on Kovy's defense.

I'm sorry but i'm really starting to agree with everyone who labeled him a liability on D.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That turnover on the PP right in front of Marty, Marty should have stopped. Can't blame that one on the players in front of him, gotta put some responsibility on Marty.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That turnover on the PP right in front of Marty, Marty should have stopped. Can't blame that one on the players in front of him, gotta put some responsibility on Marty.

I was pissed that Kovy was booed. Our fans can be idiots. They barely come out to support the team, and when they do, the boo a guy who contributed to the few goals we had that day. Last I saw, there usually are no goals without assists. Kovy had 2 of them.

The guy is also being asked to play on his off wing..play the point, etc. These aren't even his natural positions.

He is one of the few guys who can lead it up the ice. That turnover was bad, but, Grabner made a hell of a play there.
Also, its possible nobody was open. 9 out of 10 times, Kovy beats his man with that same move.
Also, bingo, Nasty Magician. Marty was checking out his stick instead of paying attention to a play a few feet in front of him. Not blaming Marty, but he has to wait until the puck is totally out of the zone.

Also, how about the horrible plays by Andy Greene?? He was responsible for 2 goals that night. I get it, he isn't making 6.6 million, but why not boo him?

Whether you like him or not, he is not going anywhere. Nobody will take him via trade. Start booing him now, things will get ugly.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pissed that Kovy was booed. Our fans can be idiots. They barely come out to support the team, and when they do, the boo a guy who contributed to the few goals we had that day. Last I saw, there usually are no goals without assists. Kovy had 2 of them.

The guy is also being asked to play on his off wing..play the point, etc. These aren't even his natural positions.

He is one of the few guys who can lead it up the ice. That turnover was bad, but, Grabner made a hell of a play there.
Also, its possible nobody was open. 9 out of 10 times, Kovy beats his man with that same move.
Also, bingo, Nasty Magician. Marty was checking out his stick instead of paying attention to a play a few feet in front of him. Not blaming Marty, but he has to wait until the puck is totally out of the zone.

Also, how about the horrible plays by Andy Greene?? He was responsible for 2 goals that night. I get it, he isn't making 6.6 million, but why not boo him?

Whether you like him or not, he is not going anywhere. Nobody will take him via trade. Start booing him now, things will get ugly.

Thank you! I thought I was going nuts like no else realized how god awful Greene was the weekend particularly in the second game my god he looked like an echl caliber d man

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like that Kovy RW (-4) and Parise LW (-6) is not a good combination. These are coaches' things to be figured out which line's combination is the best one. Hopefully when Zajac is back there will be something more exciting than it is now.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be incline to agree it was Marty's fault if it was Kovy's first turnover in that situation, but it wasnt, I think this was around #6 for this season alone.

I'm not gonna blame 1 guy for another constant fuck up. It's like blaming Larsson for Greene's constant poor play.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post was laced with sarcasm. In no way is Marty responsible for that goal. And Kovy has not been playing well. I have no problem with fans booing him. He should not be allowed to touch the puck in our own end. The assists are nice but we're not paying him to get assists. I do think there are multiple factors leading to him not producing how he should, but I think we can agree that we need more out of him.

Split him and Parise up. Both have underachieved, I think that experiment is over. Both are LWs, both should play LW. Kovy needs to shoot, not look to pass, which he often does on a line with Parise. Tedenby and Kovalchuk will work, no idea why they haven't tried it yet.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marty in the postgame interview said he deserves some blame. I blame it fully on Kovy, because his mistake generated a breakaway. Marty could have been in better position, but doesn't guarantee a save.

Kovy is an underrated passer. He can't just shoot it from anywhere. Sometimes, pass is the better option.

On the power play, he is usually at the point or covered very close on the wing. Opposing teams know Kovy got the best shot and will pay more attention to him than others. Yea I know, there are times on 2 on 1s that he should just shoot it.

It would be great to have Parise and Kovalchuk click, but it hasn't happened. Teds can keep up with Kovy offensively and vice versa, but defensively...I don't know how responsible those 2 would be on the same line.