• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe's Back....What to Expect

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't expecting Kobe to be this bad

Why not?
He's coming off a major injury and he's old.

Long term, if they are "riding Kobe"' they will lose some games that they probably would have won without him. Especially for the next several weeks.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you keep saying 2 air balls.. but it was one. You just like to make things up I know.. but ive called you out on this before. but youre right LeBron scored 16 points on 7-11 shooting in the 4th quarter including a huge 3 with about 30 seconds left to give the heat hope. No he sucked.. youre totally right. by the way, what NBA finals close out game did Kobe drop 16 points on 7-11 shooting in a furious rally to save the team... Ill wait.

Sorry it was 2 airballs. He put up a hook shot airball and tried to pretend it was a pass. It was an Airball, ASSWIPE....2 of them in the clutch, with the season on the line...

Lebron was also 2-13 going into the fourth quarter....

Lebron lost the championship for the team in game 6. He choked horrendously down the stretch like he's done every season in his career. But he was completely SAVED by Jesus (ray Allen).

And that's why Lebron in ALMOST EVERYON'ES eyes has 0 rings. The ASTERISK and the SAVE....

Till Lebron wins a few rings without Wade, Bosh, and Allen, NO ONE's Impressed.

Peace!!!

LeBronMonsterDunk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ This Kobe Kid is fucking furious right now.

This little boy absolutely cannot stand the fact that LeBron is currently at a level that Kobe could never even dream of being.

Meanwhile the Lakers are going to be horrendous for the next 2.5 seasons while Kobe throws up clank after clank and the Lakers are mired in mediocrity.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you know what type of injury he is comming off of? Yes he had 8 TO's but he was doing everything else like rebounding and facilitating. Kobe had worse games being fully healthy. Calm down!

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ This Kobe Kid is fucking furious right now.

This little boy absolutely cannot stand the fact that LeBron is currently at a level that Kobe could never even dream of being.

Meanwhile the Lakers are going to be horrendous for the next 2.5 seasons while Kobe throws up clank after clank and the Lakers are mired in mediocrity.

81pts...:noidea:

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how all Laker fans are hating on Lebron. he is the best plain and simple

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how all Laker fans are hating on Lebron. he is the best plain and simple

LeBron is good on a basketball court but his sense of ethics leaves a LOT to be desired!

He is the professional athlete I would most like to see forfeit his talents. And I have never lived anywhere within 500
miles of Cleveland or the state of Ohio.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry it was 2 airballs. He put up a hook shot airball and tried to pretend it was a pass. It was an Airball, ASSWIPE....2 of them in the clutch, with the season on the line...

Lebron was also 2-13 going into the fourth quarter....

Wait, so the 4th quarter is all that matters unless it is LBJ? Right got it.

Lebron lost the championship for the team in game 6. He choked horrendously down the stretch like he's done every season in his career. But he was completely SAVED by Jesus (ray Allen).

And that's why Lebron in ALMOST EVERYON'ES eyes has 0 rings. The ASTERISK and the SAVE....

Till Lebron wins a few rings without Wade, Bosh, and Allen, NO ONE's Impressed.

Peace!!!

I have to completely agree with Sman here, if LBJ wins the ring we find a reason why it is an asterisk or it doesn't count. The only rings that count are the ones that Kobe and MJ win, if they didn't win them then it was a no contest year stricken from the record books.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what type of injury he is comming off of? Yes he had 8 TO's but he was doing everything else like rebounding and facilitating. Kobe had worse games being fully healthy. Calm down!

Isn't that the truth :laugh3:

No seriously his Offense was pretty ball hoggish and bad, his D was slow but he showed great effort and that should be encouraging.

I really hope the offense that they ran isn't what will be ran with Kobe on the floor you might get a mutiny. That being said Kobe will get a lot better, this was his first game out there, this was an expected game and an encouraging ones for Kobe fans meanwhile a terrifying one for Laker fans.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans are so stupid the history of basketball looks like this to them:

90s: Some sport with a peach basket is invented but isn't truly worth their time
2006: Wade and Shaq appear and make the game worth the world's time.
Time till Summer 2010: Basketball is on hold due to not having a super team.
Summer 2010: Basketball again continues thanks to a French man named Le Bron and the hiring of a dinosaur named Bosh. Both of whom they believe have never played before, but they'll hop on the bandwagon anyways
2011: Miami decides they're too good to want to hog the championship right away so they elect to let Dallas have one
2012: With the shortened season Miami decides that now is a good time to win it because they don't want to let other teams have get a full season together to win a title
2013-2014: The Heat fans are desperate that basketball will no longer be important because the Pacers will destroy them :laugh3:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is there for at least 2 more years. That wont happen. Kobe would have to get on his hands and knees and beg Lebron to help him win #6 in public.

Kobe being there won't affect LeWrong's publicity mania. And it does have beaches which will lure LeWrong, Kobe or no Kobe.

Don't be surprised if LeWrong treats Miami as deceptively as he did Cleveland a few years ago.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe being there won't affect LeWrong's publicity mania. And it does have beaches which will lure LeWrong, Kobe or no Kobe.

Don't be surprised if LeWrong treats Miami as deceptively as he did Cleveland a few years ago.

Agree, though i STILL don't want this goof to ever wear Lakers colors. The guy deep down is simply that shameless...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is good on a basketball court but his sense of ethics leaves a LOT to be desired!

He is the professional athlete I would most like to see forfeit his talents. And I have never lived anywhere within 500
miles of Cleveland or the state of Ohio.

Bingo...!

Never had a problem with him as a player(though annointing him GOAT is premature). As a man, he does come up short. I'd probably lay a lot of the blame on how he was raised...

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Kobe some time, people. My gosh he aint gonna be Bill Russell out of the blocks after an achilles tear.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Kobe some time, people. My gosh he aint gonna be Bill Russell out of the blocks after an achilles tear

one non-Lakers poster who gets the prize for being smart and knowledgeable....of course he's also not a Heat/LeClown fan which is the real reason.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all know that on court I have always respected Kobe's game. He will be fine, give him 10 or so games. The guy is north of 35. It takes some time (see Peyton M).

Kobe will keep them a playoff bound team the next few years, if they can get something either from Gasol or for Gasol.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all know that on court I have always respected Kobe's game. He will be fine, give him 10 or so games. The guy is north of 35. It takes some time (see Peyton M).

Kobe will keep them a playoff bound team the next few years, if they can get something either from Gasol or for Gasol.

100% spot on. Last night I saw a very rusty Kobe and a team of star struck kids who were shocked that they were on the court at the same time and wearing the same uniform as Kobe.

Kobe needs to get his timing down and the young guys need to not be deferring to him all of the time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was. He is coming off of an 8 month layoff and a devastating injury. This is also not only a completely different team from last year, it is a completely different team than any that he has played on in 17 years, he's had no training camp or exhibition season and couldn't do his normal off-season workout routine. That's a lot to overcome and it's not going to happen in 27 minutes of 1 game.

The biggest problem that I saw last night was timing. That will come with more time on the court. There were passes that he made last night that were intercepted or missed simply because the timing isn't there yet.

In the first half, you could tell that he was unsure about the Achilles and how it would hold up. In the second half, he moved better and more confidently, but he just doesn't have his legs under him or the timing down with his teammates.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure every alleged poster on this board is subjective when it comes to Kobe....when they take off their hater glasses they can intelligently surmise what his guy has been through.