• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe shocks the world part 2

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant, who has one year remaining on his contract, told the Lakers Nation fan blog at his camp not to assume he will take a pay cut to remain in Los Angeles.
"I'm not taking any at all -- that's the negotiation that you have to have," Bryant told the website. "For me to sit here and say, 'Oh yeah, I'm just going to take a huge pay cut.' Nah, I'm going to try to get as much as I possibly can."

Does that mean Kobe won't take a pay cut after his contract is over and try to be a max player as long as he possibly can? I don't know if that is beneficial for the Lakers.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant, who has one year remaining on his contract, told the Lakers Nation fan blog at his camp not to assume he will take a pay cut to remain in Los Angeles.
"I'm not taking any at all -- that's the negotiation that you have to have," Bryant told the website. "For me to sit here and say, 'Oh yeah, I'm just going to take a huge pay cut.' Nah, I'm going to try to get as much as I possibly can."

Does that mean Kobe won't take a pay cut after his contract is over and try to be a max player as long as he possibly can? I don't know if that is beneficial for the Lakers.

This is was his last big contract so I don't blame him. He will have to take a pay cut on his next one...unless he comes back as strong as he played this year. If he does, I think he will get big money but only in a short term contract, possibly 2-3 years.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is just a hater.....

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is was his last big contract so I don't blame him. He will have to take a pay cut on his next one...unless he comes back as strong as he played this year. If he does, I think he will get big money but only in a short term contract, possibly 2-3 years.

Might not be good if the Lakers are trying to attract two or more max players. Kobe's leadership might be perceived to take a hit if he does get a pay cut. It isn't making the Lakers a more attractive destination for free agents if Kobe continues to say things like that and never defer.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KOBE BRYANT CANNOT DEMAND BIG MONEY--HE IS WASHED UP AND DONE.
NO NBA PLAYER HAS EVER COMEBACK FROM A TORN ACHILLES TENDON and WON A NBA TITLE.NONE..
ASK DERRICK ROSE-CHICAGO BULLS AND FORMER NBA PLAYER DOMINIQE WILKINS-of the ATLANTA HAWKS..how EASY it is TO PLAY with A TORN ACHILLES TENDON.
ENUFF SAID...

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Kobe I wouldnt take a pay cut either. Its not like they are going to win anything anyway. Besides 30 million is peanuts compared to what he has brought in as revenue for the team.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@triple, Drose did not have a torn achilles....neither did Kobe to be specific, it was ruptured, much worse.

and who is seriously shocked that Kobe wants as much money as possible rather than to help the team?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Kobe I wouldnt take a pay cut either. Its not like they are going to win anything anyway. Besides 30 million is peanuts compared to what he has brought in as revenue for the team.

This is very true, but when you make as much as he does off the court the extra 5-10m (per year) he will get from his contract is peanuts compared to the endorsement money he gets.

Either he doesnt understand how the salary cap works or he thinks he is MJ in his prime right now.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very true, but when you make as much as he does off the court the extra 5-10m (per year) he will get from his contract is peanuts compared to the endorsement money he gets.

Either he doesnt understand how the salary cap works or he thinks he is MJ in his prime right now.
I dont think Kobe really cares about the Lakers cap issues. He knows the game. Its a business. If he cant play anymore because of his injury, HOFer or not, they won't resign him. Will we see him in the welfare line because of that? No but in the end he made Lakers a boatload of money. Now he is just getting a small percentage of that profit from the Lakers coming his way for services rendered. His money made through endorsements have nothing to do with it.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree Kobe deserves it. I brought up the endorsements because he does not need it (the Lakers money) nor is the amount of money that he is taking from the salary cap even a lot of money to him. So all he is really doing is ensuring the Lakers either part ways with him or give up the chase for a championship until Kobe is retired.

My point being that Kobe is a selfish and does not care about another ring or he does not understand what it would take for him to get another one.

That or maybe he has already given up on Short Buss and is trying to force their hand so he can either get another ring backing up Wade or move to Italy and play euro ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree Kobe deserves it. I brought up the endorsements because he does not need it (the Lakers money) nor is the amount of money that he is taking from the salary cap even a lot of money to him. So all he is really doing is ensuring the Lakers either part ways with him or give up the chase for a championship until Kobe is retired.

My point being that Kobe is a selfish and does not care about another ring or he does not understand what it would take for him to get another one.

That or maybe he has already given up on Short Buss and is trying to force their hand so he can either get another ring backing up Wade or move to Italy and play euro ball.

:agree:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to take a pay cut regardless, he's just saying he's not going to be taking the minimum lol. I think it's way more likely that he thinks they can win just fine with him making as much as he can. He wants to retire a Laker. There's no chance Kobe ends his career as a backup.... no chance.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it means exactly what it says, he's going to try and get as much as he can!! Which is exactly what he should do!! Kobe isn't stupid, he knows that he's not getting $30 million again, so he's going to try and get as much as he can. Nothing wrong with that!!

As I said on another thread, the Lakers have a limit as to what they will be willing to pay Kobe, if Kobe insists on more than the Lakers are willing to give him, he'll be told "Thanks for the memories" and he'll be on his way!!

Also, if Kobe wants more rings, he will have to be with a contender (whether that's a re-built Lakers or another team) no contender is going to be in a financial situation to pay him more than $10-15 million (if that). So his choice may be, go to a non-contender who will pay him more in exchange for butts in seats, or take less money than he'd like, to have a chance at another ring!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just this one, taking a day off from work due to a hangover.

How bored are you guys sitting around pointing out my boredom?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just this one, taking a day off from work due to a hangover.

How bored are you guys sitting around pointing out my boredom?

bored, or simply laughing at it? and btw, ain't Wednesday a tad early to be tying a bag on? just askin'...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bored, or simply laughing at it? and btw, ain't Wednesday a tad early to be tying a bag on? just askin'...

:D not so humble brag: self employed means my weekend is when ever my dick boss (me) let's me have a day off and go to the beach and boozing...and crushing a craps table eventually

No more bored than upset Laker fans!

They have been bored for a lot longer iirc. 4-28?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:D not so humble brag: self employed means my weekend is when ever my dick boss (me) let's me have a day off and go to the beach and boozing...and crushing a craps table eventually

They have been bored for a lot longer iirc. 4-28?

Congrats on having a paper route for a job.