• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe only player with 30,000 points and 6,000 assist

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you are. He's the 40th ranked player.

Still buthurt about that? LOL

If you think Kobe is a top 30 player THIS SEASON you're on crack. People were so offended about espn rankings when their rankings were based on how they think the player would rank this season.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you think Kobe is a top 30 player THIS SEASON you're on crack. People were so offended about espn rankings when their rankings were based on how they think the player would rank this season.

So you don't think he's a top 30 player?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name 30 players better than him so I can laugh.

LeBron, Davis, Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Harden, Bosh, Leonard, Butler, DeRozan, Howard, M.Gasol, Ibaka, Lillard, Cousins, Wall, Hayward, Dirk, Duncan, Gay, Lowry, Bledsoe, Irving, Griffin, Vucevic, Thompson, Ellis, Millsap, D.Williams, Love, Aldridge, Melo, Big Al. That's 33 but I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

You probably don't even know who most of those players are though since you only watch one team play.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron, Davis, Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Harden, Bosh, Leonard, Butler, DeRozan, Howard, M.Gasol, Ibaka, Lillard, Cousins, Wall, Hayward, Dirk, Duncan, Gay, Lowry, Bledsoe, Irving, Griffin, Vucevic, Thompson, Ellis, Millsap, D.Williams, Love, Aldridge, Melo, Big Al. That's 33 but I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

You probably don't even know who most of those players are though since you only watch one team play.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're fucking retarded if you think that is true... In order:

Davis
Curry
Lebron
Paul
Harden
Kobe

And not 1 of those guys are surrounded by Dleague players... Kobe is going fucking crazy this year...:L

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would call Kobe more like the Cal Ripken of the NBA. Amazing recovery from injury, playing 20 years? amazing longevity almost unmatched.

But to ground you LA fans, note that he is not in the top 10, top 50, top 100, top 200 in fg%, far below the greats who were better shooters. Even Andrew Toney had a higher % (kid you not).

He is about to dip into the low 400's at this pace. I dont think there is one top 25 player all time that is that low.

He will be known for passion, hardwork, and longevity, and not afraid to shoot in crunch time.

Debated often for the top 10, mostly in the west.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said Ibaka is better than Kobe. :pound:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would call Kobe more like the Cal Ripken of the NBA. Amazing recovery from injury, playing 20 years? amazing longevity almost unmatched.

But to ground you LA fans, note that he is not in the top 10, top 50, top 100, top 200 in fg%, far below the greats who were better shooters. Even Andrew Toney had a higher % (kid you not).

He is about to dip into the low 400's at this pace. I dont think there is one top 25 player all time that is that low.

He will be known for passion, hardwork, and longevity, and not afraid to shoot in crunch time.

Debated often for the top 10, mostly in the west.

Where does he stand amongst shooting guards in career FG%? That's the more correct comparison. Jordan is tied for 133rd. You really think Tyson Chandler is one of the greats? :L

Yambag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, you might be even stupider over here than you are on the politics forum. I didn't think that was possible. Congratulations on your achievement. Your parents must be very proud.:clap:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ the Kobe haters and the Kobe kids. What a bunch of idiots on both sides.

Kobe Kids - Kobe is NOT back and even if he hadn't suffered those 2 injuries, we were never going to see even the Kobe of 3-4 years ago, let alone the Kobe of 7-10 years ago. He's 36 years old, he's coming off not 1, but 2 injuries that would likely end the careers of some players and dramatically alter the future of even much younger players. In true Kobe fashion, he is playing at a higher level than most anyone expected and will likely get a bit better as he gets his legs under him and he and Byron get his minutes figured out. But again, we will never see "Prime Kobe" again. Not for any length of time anyway. Be happy with what he has left, enjoy games like last night when he "turns back the clock" a little, but understand that he's still 36 and Father Time is still undefeated.

Kobe Haters - You're simply embarrassing yourselves at this point. I realize that he's been kicking most of your teams asses for 19 years, but for some you, hate has become pure blind hate and you're simply making yourselves look stupid. Look, as a Lakers fan, I fucking hated Larry Bird, but have always freely admitted that he's a great player. I was never an MJ fan either, but again, not going to deny the obvious like some of you do. Yes, Kobe's shooting percentage sucks right now and is at a career low. He just spent over a year recovering from 2 devastating injuries and hasn't been able to even practice jump shots for the vast majority of that time. Add to that the fact that he has a mostly new team around him and a new coach with a new system and it's going to take time. His numbers are trending up over the past 3 games or so and will likely continue in that direction. He won't reach any career highs for field goal percentage, but I expect he'll get back to around his career average.

He's the only player in NBA history to record 30,000 points and 6,000 assists. That in and of itself is a great accomplishment. It shows that he has been a great scorer, it shows that despite what some say, he will actually pass the ball and as LogicMan points out, it also shows that he has played the game for a long time. However, unlike what LogicMan tries to show with his cherry picked stats, it shows that he has played the game at a high level for a long time.

If Lebron continues to play at a high level and chooses to play for as long as Kobe (or close to it), he is likely the only current player who we may see join Kobe in the 30,000 point/6,000 assist club.

Best advice to everyone (especially the Kobe Kids and the Kobe Haters), calm the fuck down and enjoy a great player coming down to the end of his career. There are only a couple of seasons left to do so. If you can't do that, then at least have the common courtesy to stfu. The rest of us are just trying to appreciate a great career coming to a close.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post Trojan!

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ the Kobe haters and the Kobe kids. What a bunch of idiots on both sides.

Kobe Kids - Kobe is NOT back and even if he hadn't suffered those 2 injuries, we were never going to see even the Kobe of 3-4 years ago, let alone the Kobe of 7-10 years ago. He's 36 years old, he's coming off not 1, but 2 injuries that would likely end the careers of some players and dramatically alter the future of even much younger players. In true Kobe fashion, he is playing at a higher level than most anyone expected and will likely get a bit better as he gets his legs under him and he and Byron get his minutes figured out. But again, we will never see "Prime Kobe" again. Not for any length of time anyway. Be happy with what he has left, enjoy games like last night when he "turns back the clock" a little, but understand that he's still 36 and Father Time is still undefeated.

Kobe Haters - You're simply embarrassing yourselves at this point. I realize that he's been kicking most of your teams asses for 19 years, but for some you, hate has become pure blind hate and you're simply making yourselves look stupid. Look, as a Lakers fan, I fucking hated Larry Bird, but have always freely admitted that he's a great player. I was never an MJ fan either, but again, not going to deny the obvious like some of you do. Yes, Kobe's shooting percentage sucks right now and is at a career low. He just spent over a year recovering from 2 devastating injuries and hasn't been able to even practice jump shots for the vast majority of that time. Add to that the fact that he has a mostly new team around him and a new coach with a new system and it's going to take time. His numbers are trending up over the past 3 games or so and will likely continue in that direction. He won't reach any career highs for field goal percentage, but I expect he'll get back to around his career average.

He's the only player in NBA history to record 30,000 points and 6,000 assists. That in and of itself is a great accomplishment. It shows that he has been a great scorer, it shows that despite what some say, he will actually pass the ball and as LogicMan points out, it also shows that he has played the game for a long time. However, unlike what LogicMan tries to show with his cherry picked stats, it shows that he has played the game at a high level for a long time.

If Lebron continues to play at a high level and chooses to play for as long as Kobe (or close to it), he is likely the only current player who we may see join Kobe in the 30,000 point/6,000 assist club.

Best advice to everyone (especially the Kobe Kids and the Kobe Haters), calm the fuck down and enjoy a great player coming down to the end of his career. There are only a couple of seasons left to do so. If you can't do that, then at least have the common courtesy to stfu. The rest of us are just trying to appreciate a great career coming to a close.

Great post and dead on!!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A reasoned argument has no place on a message board! You, sir, should be banned for life.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was saying that Kobe is still as good as he was in his prime? The argument here has shifted onto ESPN ranking him 40th, which is pretty dumb.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have defended Kobe over the years for all his strengths, notably offensive value. He is a freak when it comes to conditioning.

But, he is not a top 5 player.

I did say he could be argued for top ten.

But, I throw out a very important stat that has him substantially below the greats that are in that top ten including SF's and SG's.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And may I add, I was early to argue the stupidity of him being ranked top 40 this year. As a person who has Magic as his favorite I can be unbiased and tell you he is no Magic. But a Erving like figure, yeah

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have defended Kobe over the years for all his strengths, notably offensive value. He is a freak when it comes to conditioning.

But, he is not a top 5 player.

I did say he could be argued for top ten.

But, I throw out a very important stat that has him substantially below the greats that are in that top ten including SF's and SG's.

Mabe not but someone else said he wasn't a top 30 and I beg to differ. I think Kobe is playing in the top 20 even. It's not like this NBA is loaded with exceptional talent.