• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe & Lakers Agree To Extension

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because they aren't talking about the Lakers finances, they are talking about the CBA. There is a difference. If there was no CBA or we were under the old CBA, the NBA writers would be talking all about the Lakers t.v. deal and how much they could spend.

The limits are there because of the CBA, not because of the amount of money that the Lakers have to spend.

I understand that, but not sure why you're quoting me because I already knew this. I know that they get money from the TV deal. I brought up the cap to Bam a few posts ago and he said this:

Well then take it from this fan who has a couple of management friends that work in the organization. They have that money and call it a day.

Seems to me he's the one who doesn't understand that there is a cap and the Lakers can't spend at will like they use to. All he says is "TV DEAL 5 BILLION"

So it looks like you need to explain things to him.......not me.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Jim Doors thinks he knows more about the Lakers' finances than the Lakers brass. :rollseyes:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Trojan: I know it's not the NCAA thread but any quick thoughts on the hiring of Sark/O's departure? My take is that Haden saw someone who is known to have a savyness on offense while having deep roots in SC glory years with Pete and strong recruiting skills. I was saddened that O didn't get the gig though as he embodied what the players certainly savored and appreciated from a HC. Bittersweet day in Trojan Nation.

I like the Sark hire, but I love Coacdh O and hate to see him go. Prior to the UCLA game, I had myself a seat on the Coach O bandwagon. After seeing how badly he was outcoached by Mora, I knew that he wouldn't/shouldn't get the job.

He was offered a significant raise to stay at USC, but he wants a head coaching job. I think the FAU or Wake Forest jobs that he is rumored to be a candidate for would be excellent for him to polish his in-game decision making and halftime adjustments (these are where Mora really made the difference). After a few years of doing that, he may well be ready for a bigger HC job.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, but not sure why you're quoting me because I already knew this. I know that they get money from the TV deal. I brought up the cap to Bam a few posts ago and he said this:

Seems to me he's the one who doesn't understand that there is a cap and the Lakers can't spend at will like they use to. All he says is "TV DEAL 5 BILLION"

So it looks like you need to explain things to him.......not me.

You may want to re-read your post then. Because you make it sound like the Lakers don't have the money to spend. You never mentioned the CBA being the reason that the Lakers can't just pay whatever they want.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when you can tell me you know someone or few ppl that work with the Lakers then you can educate all of us....until then keep drinking the kool-aid and what the LA reporters keep reporting. Do your Knicks have that type of cache or do you even care since all you do is yak about Kobe and Lakers??

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may want to re-read your post then. Because you make it sound like the Lakers don't have the money to spend. You never mentioned the CBA being the reason that the Lakers can't just pay whatever they want.

Post #148...I say

So how come those columnists and talking heads who do love Kobe and the Lakers.....haven't brought up using the TV deal to counteract the future of repeatedly spending over the cap?

I'd say that put it pretty black and white.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Sark hire, but I love Coacdh O and hate to see him go. Prior to the UCLA game, I had myself a seat on the Coach O bandwagon. After seeing how badly he was outcoached by Mora, I knew that he wouldn't/shouldn't get the job.

as much disdain I have for the Bruins fball team, you hit the nail on the head as I told friends O was simply outcoached by Mora. Players didn't have that same energy/fire we saw vs. Stanford game which kinda surprised Trojan Nation too enough so that Kessler took to Twitter to defend....

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a stab and predict the Lakers will win a title before the Knicks do -- with or without CBA ramifications and leave it at that. Seems JD boy has no response to any of my Knicks comments so he knows when he's beat and has to find something to pick at with Lakers/Kobe.

Irrelevant after 42 years and counting...the Knicks debacle.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a stab and predict the Lakers will win a title before the Knicks do -- with or without CBA ramifications and leave it at that. Seems JD boy has no response to any of my Knicks comments so he knows when he's beat and has to find something to pick at with Lakers/Kobe.

Irrelevant after 42 years and counting...the Knicks debacle.

Not true.

I had to remind you the NYY went to the Finals in 1999.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to remind you the NYY went to the Finals in 1999.

am sure you're holding on to that special moment

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as much disdain I have for the Bruins fball team, you hit the nail on the head as I told friends O was simply outcoached by Mora. Players didn't have that same energy/fire we saw vs. Stanford game which kinda surprised Trojan Nation too enough so that Kessler took to Twitter to defend....

Yeah, I was a little surprised too. That tells me that they had gone as far as they could on emotion. When the emotion wore off and they needed coaching, Coach O just didn't have the experience that Mora does.

Give a Coach O a couple of seasons at a place like Wake, FAU or Fresno where he can work on his shortcomings without the pressure that exists at USC, and he may be ready for a head coaching gig at a bigger school.