• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe #40

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is about tanking and Kobe getting his personal stats accomplished, and seeding his next endeavor. Some of the shots he is taking are just silly.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to misrepresent what I said and completely miss the point: that no one else can score since Kobe won't pass the ball and never sees a shot he doesn't like, no matter how terrible the look. The problem is Kobe.

They're not "inclined to stand around and let Kobe do his thing" --- they're forced into it because Kobe won't let them touch the ball, even though the team is clearly better when they do.

E. Davis 63% > Kobe 38%
R. Sacre 54% > Kobe 38%
W. Ellington 52% > Kobe 38%
C. Boozer 49% > Kobe 38%
J. Lin 49% > Kobe 38%
J. Hill 48% > Kobe 38%
W. Johnson 39% > Kobe 38%

I can tell you don't watch the Lakers because you somehow think the offense has something to do with the Lakers winning games or not, the offense is fine, the problem is defense. Take another couple weeks to make up a counter to this post as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to misrepresent what I said and completely miss the point: that no one else can score since Kobe won't pass the ball and never sees a shot he doesn't like, no matter how terrible the look. The problem is Kobe.

They're not "inclined to stand around and let Kobe do his thing" --- they're forced into it because Kobe won't let them touch the ball, even though the team is clearly better when they do.

E. Davis 63% > Kobe 38%
R. Sacre 54% > Kobe 38%
W. Ellington 52% > Kobe 38%
C. Boozer 49% > Kobe 38%
J. Lin 49% > Kobe 38%
J. Hill 48% > Kobe 38%
W. Johnson 39% > Kobe 38%

I don't know if this is the dumbest. most ill-informed post that I've ever seen on this subject, but it's definitely top 5.

Both Byron and Kobe have been telling these guys that they need to quit deferring to Kobe all of the time. James Worthy and A.C. Green have been saying the same thing on the Lakers pre and post game shows. Kobe has even complained of "tired legs" late in games from having to carry so much of the load.

Even his teammates have said that it's on them to quit deferring so much.

You might actually try watching some games before popping off and making yourself look bad.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this is the dumbest. most ill-informed post that I've ever seen on this subject, but it's definitely top 5.

Both Byron and Kobe have been telling these guys that they need to quit deferring to Kobe all of the time. James Worthy and A.C. Green have been saying the same thing on the Lakers pre and post game shows. Kobe has even complained of "tired legs" late in games from having to carry so much of the load.

Even his teammates have said that it's on them to quit deferring so much.

You might actually try watching some games before popping off and making yourself look bad.

Shortbussport

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I write above that Kobe is hurting his team. I post statistical evidence to support my point, and get answered with ad hominem attacks that I'm an idiot, because they can't actually answer the points that I made.

Oh, look, Kobe sits, and the Lakers suddenly beat Golden State, the team with the best record in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I write above that Kobe is hurting his team. I post statistical evidence to support my point, and get answered with ad hominem attacks that I'm an idiot, because they can't actually answer the points that I made.

Oh, look, Kobe sits, and the Lakers suddenly beat Golden State, the team with the best record in the league.

The pointless that you made were refuted with what the Lakers coach, Kobe and his teammates are all saying. Now you want to double down on the idiocy by taking one game and claiming it's a trend. Because after all, in the NBA, no teams players ever step up and play well in games where they are missing their star player.

You should just stay off the NBA boards if you're going to continue to embarrass yourself. Or better yet, keep posting for the entertainment value.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn Kobe, always holding this championship team back. :pound:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State was due.
They were flirting with disaster the last few games.

They had reverted back to a bit more isolation hero-ball and stuff for a week or so to bail them out.
Lost to Memphis, needed OT to beat Nola, needed KD injury to rally from 17 down....

The bad habits of the last week or so was bound to hurt them.
Kobe really had nothing to do with it.

If anything this will help GS. It gets their attention and stops the stickiness of the ball.

Golden State will be better for losing this game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State was due.
They were flirting with disaster the last few games.

They had reverted back to a bit more isolation hero-ball and stuff for a week or so to bail them out.
Lost to Memphis, needed OT to beat Nola, needed KD injury to rally from 17 down....

The bad habits of the last week or so was bound to hurt them.
Kobe really had nothing to do with it.

If anything this will help GS. It gets their attention and stops the stickiness of the ball.

Golden State will be better for losing this game.

Exactly. Also, the Lakers players knew that everyone needed to step up and I think the Warriors probably relaxed a little when they heard Kobe was out. Combine that with what you pointed out about how they've played of late and you get what happened last night.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly looks like the 40th best player....

Right?

:pound:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:comeatmebro:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BusSport understand why you get the reactions you do. While it was just one game your point was made . Laker fans get the brunt of the attacks lately. Last year it was Heat posters.