• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks still...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some don’t work hard.

The vast majority do. Especially in the modern era where skill is king. Wasn’t as necessary in the 90s where size and strength dominated the day.

You are nuts to assume they don’t.
No they don’t. When the season ends they walk away from game. Go away with families. Media. Nothing to do with the game. Recover from injury . If they have business venture they put time in that. Very few want anything to do with game once season is over.

You’re professor sturgeon in back to school. Where do they make these widgets? Fantasy land!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don’t. When the season ends they walk away from game. Go away with families. Media. Nothing to do with the game. Recover from injury . If they have business venture they put time in that. Very few want anything to do with game once season is over.

You’re professor sturgeon in back to school. Where do they make these widgets? Fantasy land!

LOL.

Why do you post such completely asinine stuff?

That is just blatantly false.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Why do you post such completely asinine stuff?

That is just blatantly false.
When the NBA season ends in June , are there any leagues that the NBA offers players , who want to improve their skills, can play?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the NBA season ends in June , are there any leagues that the NBA offers players , who want to improve their skills, can play?

There is the Vegas summer league for young players. Vets often meet up for pick up games or play in leagues like the Drew league,

But mostly guys are putting in work individually.

Despite what you think, players improve their shooting by time in a gym more so than playing games. You need reps. Lots of reps. Shooting once every few minutes in a game doesn’t get you there.

You equating the fact that you don’t see them playing games means they aren’t putting in work?

That is literally crazy talk.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is the Vegas summer league for young players. Vets often meet up for pick up games or play in leagues like the Drew league,

But mostly guys are putting in work individually.

Despite what you think, players improve their shooting by time in a gym more so than playing games. You need reps. Lots of reps. Shooting once every few minutes in a game doesn’t get you there.

You equating the fact that you don’t see them playing games means they aren’t putting in work?

That is literally crazy talk.
Is it a league the NBA supports for potential future stars?

Or is it like in baseball, instructional league, where you “ were” invited to participate in winter league ball after Season, it was made up of both majors and minor league players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a league the NBA supports for potential future stars?

Or is it like in baseball, instructional league, where you “ were” invited to participate in winter league ball after Season, it was made up of both majors and minor league players.

Instructional and developmental with many non-roster and G league players too.

But like I said, just because vets aren’t playing games doesn’t mean they aren’t working.

If Julius Randle had been playing games all during the quarantine, he would not have improved his shot the way he has. You can take that to the bank. He clearly spent a lot of time in the gym getting shots up.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instructional and developmental with many non-roster and G league players too.

But like I said, just because vets aren’t playing games doesn’t mean they aren’t working.

If Julius Randle had been playing games all during the quarantine, he would not have improved his shot the way he has. You can take that to the bank. He clearly spent a lot of time in the gym getting shots up.
Lol, will you ever run out of the BS , and just admit you’re out of your league here?

you are a student, I am the player. It matters none the sport.

I was in the trenches , while you are on the outside referencing from a book.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, will you ever run out of the BS , and just admit you’re out of your league here?

you are a student, I am the player. It matters none the sport.

I was in the trenches , while you are on the outside referencing from a book.

You are damn fool is what you are.

I have more experience in basketball than you and it isn’t close.

You have gotten your ass thoroughly kicked on this thread and you don’t know enough to realize it.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are damn fool is what you are.

I have more experience in basketball than you and it isn’t close.

I have forgotten more than you will ever know about the game.

Keep thinking your shooting prowess makes you the expert.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have forgotten more than you will ever know about the game.

Keep thinking your shooting prowess makes you the expert.

You have yet to make an intelligent response any time I talk about the way the game is played. Not even once.

So you must have forgotten everything you knew then.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intelligent response
You have yet to make an intelligent response any time I talk about the way the game is played. Not even once.

So you must have forgotten everything you knew then.
you haven’t presented me with an intelligent question.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intelligent response

you haven’t presented me with an intelligent question.

Why would I have any questions for you?

I had a more intelligent basketball conversation with a 10 year old the other day. He definitely knows more than you.

I have answered every one of your questions, refuted all your BS with analysis and facts. And yet you persist continually making stuff up.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a more intelligent basketball conversation with a 10 year old the other day. He definitely knows more than you.
Lol, you sound like the kid from kindergarten cop , when he was telling arrrrnold , everyone the kid knew ‘ was a better teacher than him .

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have answered every one of your questions, refuted all your BS with analysis and facts. And yet you persist continually making stuff up.
Relax, You’re getting all discombobulated!

Cant even finish your post!

you refuted what BS?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, no answer what a surprise!

You say you answer my questions truthfully? Really counselor, You wouldn’t last 2 minutes in front of a judge with the way you bullshite!

I asked you if the NBA had a league after season for its players to work on their skills.

response in post #1564 tells all about how full of shite you are. The answer was a simple NO, but you go on to BS further in saying? ‘There is a league for young players, lol, where VETS, meet???? Lol , is that military vets? veterinarians? To play pick up games? Then, you sought of come back a little bit to reality, by saying . But NBA players work out individually on their own. WOW!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You leave zero room for anything but what you believe to be true.

Well, I am not going to go so far as to classify myself as an expert. But, you asked about my experience so....

This exact topic was literally the subject of my master’s thesis in grad school. At the time I thought I wanted to make a career out of coaching. My topic was:

Skill vs. confidence: which has more impact on athletic performance

I sited 20-25 studies on related research and conducted my own small scale study. The results showed some disagreement on which was more important, but it was clear that both underlying skill and confidence matter. There is a symbiotic relationship where skill breeds confidence and confidence appears to improve skill. But what was abundantly clear is that the best performers have high level of both.

I have also seen up close first hand both with personal experience and players I coached. You work hard and put in the time your feel for the shot you practice gets more and more advanced. The margin of error becomes smaller and tighter to the point where even “mistakes” start to go in the basket at a relatively high rate. I know this because I have spent thousands upon thousands of hours of my life on a basketball court. A large chunk of that time was me by myself just shooting.

Progress like Julius Randle showed just isn’t possible without some development of the underlying skill. Neither of us can get inside his head, but your assumption that a coaching change has more impact on his performance than the time and sweat he has put in greatly diminishes his work.
Lol, you guys can continue to swallow the kool aid from this guy....

I’d ask for clarification, but I’d be setting myself up for more BS.

you went to college for 4 years , nothing says you played basketball for it. You went to grad school and for your masters , you did a study on skill vs confidence. You say you had thoughts of making a career out of coaching. I’ll be honest , all my experience/exposure, never did I hear anyone say ‘going to college to be a coach, a sports journalist yes, but coach? Lol.

Then, you post on saying you coached kids and the more they shoot in practice the more advanced their shot became? Dude that is called confidence!!!! Is you’re hair blonde? Dye it if it isn’t. Then you claim you spent hours on the court by yourself shooting? Sounds like you need a friend!

and lastly, progress like Julius Randle. first off, my call about his progress was all about confidence, and I made that from being intuitive. And the biggest line of bullshit, not once did I say the coaching change had anything remotely to do with Randles game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you went to college for 4 years , nothing says you played basketball for it. You went to grad school and for your masters , you did a study on skill vs confidence. You say you had thoughts of making a career out of coaching. I’ll be honest , all my experience/exposure, never did I hear anyone say ‘going to college to be a coach, a sports journalist yes, but coach? Lol.

Then, you post on saying you coached kids and the more they shoot in practice the more advanced their shot became? Dude that is called confidence!!!! Is you’re hair blonde? Dye it if it isn’t. Then you claim you spent hours on the court by yourself shooting? Sounds like you need a friend!

and lastly, progress like Julius Randle. first off, my call about his progress was all about confidence, and I made that from being intuitive. And the biggest line of bullshit, not once did I say the coaching change had anything remotely to do with Randles game.

I did not say I went to college to coach. I got my masters in education. The plan was to teach and coach. I did that. I just ended up enjoying the teaching part more than I thought I would and the coaching less.

The business side of the game was not something I enjoyed dealing with. I quickly realized coaching was a hobby I enjoyed, not a career I wanted. So I scaled back.

Everyone here knows that you are full of hot air. So I don’t need to explained anything to you. You think you have some level of expertise on basketball because you played minor league baseball?

GTFO. Doesn’t work like that. I know basketball. You don’t. That is abundantly clear to anyone perusing this thread.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said coaching and environment. I can pull up the quote if you want.

Of course Randle is more confident shooting the ball now. How do you think he got there? Magic?

You earn confidence with sweat equity. You earn confidence as skill level increases. That is how it is done. Very simple to understand.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said coaching and environment. I can pull up the quote if you want.

Of course Randle is more confident shooting the ball now. How do you think he got there? Magic?

You earn confidence with sweat equity. You earn confidence as skill level increases. That is how it is done. Very simple to understand.

‘ You earn confidence with sweat equity.

Unbelievable!!!! I heard Simmons telling Embiid that on the court during the game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘ You earn confidence with sweat equity.

Unbelievable!!!! I heard Simmons telling Embiid that on the court during the game.

LOL.

It is truth.

Hard work builds skill and confidence.

Players don’t just show up more confident 1 day. You have to earn it.

You laud athletes who work hard right? That is who you want on your team.

WTF is the point of working hard if you don’t get better?

You are arguing utter nonsense.