• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks still...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gave Thomas a chance because he didn’t ask him the right things in the interview. He probably thought he could get the job done because he was both star struck and doesn’t understand what it takes to build a NBA winner so he bought Thomas’ BS.
That goes with any big name .

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas wasn’t just bad, he was historically bad.

During his tenure, the Knicks were one of the worst teams in the league despite having one of the highest play rolls. He made bad trades for malcontent stars and drastically overpaid role players while constantly dealing away draft picks.

And Dolan kept him on for 5 years! Even then, he wasn’t fired, he was reassigned as a consultant.

PJ had a predictably bad run as GM too. He came in hell bent on hiring a coach who would run his triangle offense, even though the triangle was outdated in the modern game. He didn’t really make any good trades, and he publicly antagonized the franchises 2 most valuable players (Melo and Porzingas), Zinger to the point that he threatened to retire from league and play in Europe if he wasn’t traded. Forcing a rarely seen trade of a star player on a rookie contract.

We all now know isiah’s tenure destroyed the org and Dolan is responsible.. Dolan could not have possibly known before he hired Thomas . Did he not react soon enough , yes. But we’re talkin Isiah Thomas . One of the best ever. It’s business. I’m sure he idolized Thomas . Most did .

Again , he relied on his people , they failed him. He is responsible!

He relies on his people he hired in the NHL and they did not fail him . He gets no credit for it at all . His name is never mentioned.

Why is that?

I’ll tell you why, cause the NBA is full of Whiney players and fans!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude please, everyone who posts anything is seeking attention.
But very few refuse to process any information and cling relentlessly to ideas repeatedly proven wrong just to keep the argument going and focus on their flawed perspective.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But very few refuse to process any information and cling relentlessly to ideas repeatedly proven wrong just to keep the argument going and focus on their flawed perspective.
Nobody has to respond to it…

And again, it ain’t like he has kept the same people in the same spot for all 20 years of ownership.

He has tried, but the people that he has Put in place failed, they failed. Isiah Thomas. Phil Jackson, all very big names in the game that a big market can afford.

They failed Dolan , and Dolan is responsible. That’s the point y’all will never get .

Last edited:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has to respond to it…

And again, it ain’t like he has kept the same people in the same spot for all 20 years of ownership.

He has tried, but the people that he has Put in place failed, they failed. Isiah Thomas. Phil Jackson, all very big names in the game that a big market can afford.

They failed Dolan , and Dolan is responsible. That’s the point y’all will never get .
I get it. Yes, they failed. But hiring them was Dolan’s failure because besides being big names they were I’ll equipped for the jobs he hired them for. They were bad hires because Dolan doesn’t understand winning in the NBA. That is what somehow you never understand no matter how many times it is clearly explained to you

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1)Y’all have no idea wtf a bad owner is

(2)Carl Pohlad owned the Minnesota Twins..

I played in that organization.

He was known as the cheapest owner in sports and even he won a championship!

We were housed in the Melbourne regional airport during spring training, I had 707’s in my freekin backyard !!!

We had to walk a 1/4 mile to get fed every morning and night.

During instructional ball we were fed hot soup and crackers every f n day in the heat! EVERYDAY

Everyone knew this cheap Bastit was cheap as shit and was disliked and yet he won a ring.

Wtf have you heard about Dolan and how he treats his players and coaches . If anything he’s too easy on them!

1- A bad owner is James Dolan. A bad owner is Jimmy Haslam. A bad owner is Daniel Snyder.

2- While Pohland owned the Twins they won two championships. How many titles has Dolan won as an owner?

"I played in that organization"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1242749315_bullshit_amplifier-detector.gif

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. Yes, they failed. But hiring them was Dolan’s failure because besides being big names they were I’ll equipped for the jobs he hired them for. They were bad hires because Dolan doesn’t understand winning in the NBA. That is what somehow you never understand no matter how many times it is clearly explained to you
Yes, it was Dolan’s failure. I have posted this 100x.

However, What I don’t get it that you and others don’t believe in the possibility that there are just not enough great minds in the game that along with that and a little bit of luck things may have turned out differently.

It ain’t like Dolan took athletes from different sports and teachers to coach and hired them to do the job.

Only thing an owner can do is listen to what the fans want. Try to bring in the best and let the chips fall where they may.

He is a terrible owner yes! Cause the people he relied on failed

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it was Dolan’s failure. I have posted this 100x.

However, What I don’t get it that you and others don’t believe in the possibility that there are just not enough great minds in the game that along with that and a little bit of luck things may have turned out differently.

It ain’t like Dolan took athletes from different sports and teachers to coach and hired them to do the job.

Only thing an owner can do is listen to what the fans want. Try to bring in the best and let the chips fall where they may.

He is a terrible owner yes! Cause the people he relied on failed
Just because Dolan can’t find a good basketball mind does not mean there is a lack of them available. It just mean that he is bad at his job. He has every advantage in hiring one and can’t do it.

It isn’t like Dolan took athletes from another sport, but he did take people that were good at one thing and thought it meant they would be good at another. Being a great player or coach does not translate into being able to manage.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Dolan can’t find a good basketball mind does not mean there is a lack of them available. It just mean that he is bad at his job. He has every advantage in hiring one and can’t do it.

It isn’t like Dolan took athletes from another sport, but he did take people that were good at one thing and thought it meant they would be good at another. Being a great player or coach does not translate into being able to manage.

Yeah, great players are often terrible coaches and/or GMs. Case in point: my favorite player of all time....Magic.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way to respond to this anymore..

I gave it my best.

Dolan , doesn’t know shit about the game. He doesn’t have to. He invested in a team.

Investment , long term or short term. If you ain’t a day trader , you hold for 10 years to reap the rewards of a company. Dolan took Thomas out of his position in 5.

A Billionaire who could buy anything he wants except an f n pampered NBA player who can’t handle the pressures of accountability in every form.

UNCLE

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all now know isiah’s tenure destroyed the org and Dolan is responsible.. Dolan could not have possibly known before he hired Thomas . Did he not react soon enough , yes. But we’re talkin Isiah Thomas . One of the best ever. It’s business. I’m sure he idolized Thomas . Most did .

Again , he relied on his people , they failed him. He is responsible!

He relies on his people he hired in the NHL and they did not fail him . He gets no credit for it at all . His name is never mentioned.

Why is that?

I’ll tell you why, cause the NBA is full of Whiney players and fans!

I disagree.

The warning signs were there with Isaiah. And just because someone is a great player, it doesn’t mean they will be a great executive. In fact, more often than not they are not. Very low correlation there.

And whether or not hiring Isaiah was defensible, keeping him for 5 years was not.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

The warning signs were there with Isaiah. And just because someone is a great player, it doesn’t mean they will be a great executive. In fact, more often than not they are not. Very low correlation there.

And whether or not hiring Isaiah was defensible, keeping him for 5 years was not.
There’s a shocker…

The warning signs were there with Isiah?
What, did he have an expiration date on him?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a shocker…

The warning signs were there with Isiah?
What, did he have an expiration date on him?

He was a petty asshole. Said some controversial things during his playing career and left Toronto after a major dispute with ownership.

Like I said though, don’t blame Dolan for the hire.

Blindly keeping him despite the horrific failure was malpractice.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to really dig into the Knick debacle…

Find the truth behind van gundy leaving unexpectedly during the ‘01- ‘02 season, 19 games in on a winning streak .

Not a word was said , me personally , I believe he was stressed.

He then went on to sign as HC of the Rockets in ‘ 03.

Since his departure, the Knicks have spiraled into an abyss.