• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kmet Signs 4yr $50 Million Extension!

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Chi signed him at the right time for a good deal. Great signing IMO.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tad late reporting it on our board bro, but nevertheless I'm glad to see other Bears fans keeping up with the news!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Chi signed him at the right time for a good deal. Great signing IMO.

I would of waited till the end of the year......We need to see what our offense can do before we give extensions.......
Im guessing thats Poles way to spend rest of free agency money.....we need another dlineman....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would of waited till the end of the year......We need to see what our offense can do before we give extensions.......
Im guessing thats Poles way to spend rest of free agency money.....we need another dlineman....
Problem is you run the risk of Kmet getting a better offer from another team. A bird in the hand is better than two in a bush. Ok, I have no idea if that correlates to this situation, but I love a good excuse for cheesy sayings.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure what tes make,nor am I sure where he would land in te rankings,nor do I believe hes a top 12 or even 15..........Id have to go back and look at the position.

Ive just never been a Kmet fan.......and hope this season proves me wrong,Ive got hope our offense shows a lot of improvement.....

Gok Bears!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure what tes make,nor am I sure where he would land in te rankings,nor do I believe hes a top 12 or even 15..........Id have to go back and look at the position.

Ive just never been a Kmet fan.......and hope this season proves me wrong,Ive got hope our offense shows a lot of improvement.....

Gok Bears!!
I think part of the problem is when you have such super high profile and productive TEs like Travis Kelce and George Kittle, it makes Kmet seem like a 2nd thought. He'll never achieve the numbers of those players, but he's a solid overall TE, who at worst is an avg-above avg receiver AND blocker. A lot of TEs these days bring only one or the other. He gives us both. I'd just as soon not have Poles using one of our valuable high draft picks next year on this position.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 10 million a year for what?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got him in my 10 Team PPR League

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep your ignorance over on the main board please.
Goedert was paid 4/57 and did much more. That was two years ago, but does not seem like a bargain for signing a guy early.

I thought you'd have some info on why Kmet is worth it. That's why I clicked the thread. Local boards are good to learn.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goedert was paid 4/57 and did much more. That was two years ago, but does not seem like a bargain for signing a guy early.

I thought you'd have some info on why Kmet is worth it. That's why I clicked the thread. Local boards are good to learn.
That's not the way you posted your statement, hence my 'friendly response'. A little research - very little actually - will show you why this is pretty much a fair, going-rate type of deal for Kmet.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 10 million a year for what?

8 million for his play and the extra for his good looks and Notre Dame upbringing is probably the real answer.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of the problem is when you have such super high profile and productive TEs like Travis Kelce and George Kittle, it makes Kmet seem like a 2nd thought. He'll never achieve the numbers of those players, but he's a solid overall TE, who at worst is an avg-above avg receiver AND blocker. A lot of TEs these days bring only one or the other. He gives us both. I'd just as soon not have Poles using one of our valuable high draft picks next year on this position.

Well I dont think he will use a hi pick on te either when our def has gotta be twoof the top 3 picks we have........( yes that includes our no.2 pick)

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought he was just an “average” TE?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is you run the risk of Kmet getting a better offer from another team. A bird in the hand is better than two in a bush. Ok, I have no idea if that correlates to this situation, but I love a good excuse for cheesy sayings.
This is definitely one of those "I want to like this - so I'll find a way" signings lol. Simply because Cole Kmet is a pretty likeable hometown kid/lifelong Bears fan. Set up now to live out the dream we all wished that we could have. Playing an entire NFL career with the Bears.

He hasn't truly "broken out" yet in the passing game. However, our passing game was pretty bad last year and he seemed to do well with the opportunities he was given. He's progressed each year as a player, IMO. He wasn't a great blocker coming into the league - he's very good now. If he does, indeed, breakout with his best season yet? While remaining a reliable blocker as well? We could have (somewhat of) a bargain on our hands for 4 years/50 mil.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems steep now but will likely look like an average contract a couple seasons from now.

If he continues to produce touchdowns I really don’t have an issue with it. If he produces 7+ touchdowns season moving forward then maybe the contract is a bargain.

My problem with Kmet is his route tree is limited. He’s not great at tracking the ball down the field. He’s more Kyle Rudolph when too many Bears fans thought he was gonna be Kelce.

Things that I do like about Kmet. He’s tough. He can gets yards after the catch. He’s definitely improved as a blocker since entering the league and he’s no doubt improved overall. I like his attitude and I like that his teammates like him.

In an offense with Moore, Mooney, and Claypool along with a good backfield…Kmet should have an impact just because defenses will lose sight of him at times.

There are very few great tight ends currently in the league. The Bears having two very capable guys in Kmet and Tonyan is great.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious where Tunyan lands on the TE receiving hierarchy next season. Wonder if he will out catch Kmet. Not sure he can out block Kmet though.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O
This is definitely one of those "I want to like this - so I'll find a way" signings lol. Simply because Cole Kmet is a pretty likeable hometown kid/lifelong Bears fan. Set up now to live out the dream we all wished that we could have. Playing an entire NFL career with the Bears.

He hasn't truly "broken out" yet in the passing game. However, our passing game was pretty bad last year and he seemed to do well with the opportunities he was given. He's progressed each year as a player, IMO. He wasn't a great blocker coming into the league - he's very good now. If he does, indeed, breakout with his best season yet? While remaining a reliable blocker as well? We could have (somewhat of) a bargain on our hands for 4 years/50 mil.
The Chris Zorich principle. Although I’m hoping we get more out of Kmet now that we’re vested obviously.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His long winded comments about why he was wrong about Kmet then this:

My problem with Kmet is his route tree is limited. He’s not great at tracking the ball down the field. He’s more Kyle Rudolph when too many Bears fans thought he was gonna be Kelce.
"Route tree is limited" lol. Stop making shit up.