• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KLAY THOMPSON

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah...it was probably a good idea to mock him and call him entitled....lol..its what big boys do when they think they have it won up 3-1....its a great strategy...hope he does it again- but i dont think he is that dumb. id hope not anyway.

You honestly think Lebron needed Klay Thompson motivation to come back from 3-1 down? Wow lmfao

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you honestly think it had zero effect and LeBron did not think about it all? WOW, LMFAO

If you feel it did have an effect, you really can't mention Lebron ever again in the same breathes with some of the all time greats of the game. There is one thing in common with all of the all-time greats is that their success, work ethic and competitive spirit cannot be denied. If you're suggest Lebron had even an ounce of room for improvement based on exterior motivation, other than simply winning a championship, you're excluding him from being named with the greats of the game. That's how much of a slight you're implying on Lebron right now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you honestly think it had zero effect and LeBron did not think about it all? WOW, LMFAO

The only effect it had on him was he probably had a little smile on his fact after they won the finals thinking about the comment.

If you really think he played better because of Klay comments then you're just stupid

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it this way, in no way, in any of Lebron's finals, let alone the last two, did I even feel like Lebron just didn't give it his all. There was no level above where he could have played at that would have changed any of the outcomes.

At no point during last years first 4 games did I think, "hey, maybe Lebron needs to play better". That's ridiculous and such an insult to him to suggest that he could have played better because he just needed some extra motivation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only effect it had on him was he probably had a little smile on his fact after they won the finals thinking about the comment.

If you really think he played better because of Klay comments then you're just stupid
hey i hope if they meet again Klay runs his mouth again...the dumbest fucking thing you can do is poke the bear (the King). I doubt he is that dumb though.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a weird day in Hoop when @WiggyRuss is shitting on Lebron and me and @bksballer89 are defending him. LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a weird day in Hoop when @WiggyRuss is shitting on Lebron and me and @bksballer89 are defending him. LOL.
haha...yah...you guys are shitting on Jordan, LeBron- etc....any player that ever used slights, perceived or otherwise to help fuel there fire. You are asserting some cliche bullshit that has no basis in reality.

like i said- if Klay wants to run his mouth and piss off LeBron again- i am all for it...we all saw how that worked out- but as i said- he PROBABLY learned his lesson;

Dont slight the King.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wilt shot many 3's though. Food for thought.

Wilt took 1.31 shots per minute compared to Klay's 1.13 shots per minute.

Wilt also took more FT's per minute than Klay did as well.

Wilt took 5 more shots than Klay did over the course of 29 minutes and he only beat his ppm by .01.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan is famous for wanting to destroy Clyde Drexlier IN THE FUCKING NBA FINALS- for perceived slights against him.

you guys must just have no type of understanding of NBA history whatsoever.

This Clyde Drexler Quote During The '92 Finals Perfectly Captures Michael Jordan's Dominance

here- Clyde doesnt even WANT to agree with a reporter about a play he made on Michael becuase he was terrified it might get back to Michael.

you guys really need to read more.

After comparisons were made between Clyde Drexler and Michael Jordan throughout the 1992 season, including Sports Illustrated listing Drexler as Jordan’s “No. 1 rival” on a cover the two appeared on together before the playoffs, MJ wanted to settle the argument when they matched up in the finals.

Jordan scored a Finals-record 35 of his 39 points in the first half and set another record with six 3-pointers – the very shot the Blazers wanted him to take – in the first two quarters of the Chicago Bulls’ 122-89 victory in Game 1.

“When my shot started falling from everywhere, I ran to the 3-point line,” said Jordan, who was just 27 for 100 from 3-point range in the regular season and 5 for 16 in the playoffs.

All those first-half points came despite a stretch of more than five minutes at the start of the second quarter when Jordan was on the bench, resting. And they came so thick and fast – and from so far away – that at one point the NBA’s Most Valuable Player nailed a 3-pointer, then gave a shrug as if to say: “What can you do?”

The answer from the Blazers: Nothing.

“I was in a zone,” Jordan said. “The 3s felt like free throws. I took them and they went in.”

The blowout tied for the third-largest in championship-series history, just two points shy of the biggest – Washington’s 117-82 win over Seattle on June 4, 1978.

Jordan made a shambles of the ballyhooed individual battle with Clyde Drexler, who scored 16 points for the Trail Blazers.

On the eve of the Finals, Jordan compared himself to Drexler, who took 338 3-point shots in the regular season and made 114. Jordan said the Portland Olympian was a better 3-point shooter “than I choose to be.”

but but but...wait....it was the NBA Finals!!! Jordan didnt need any extra motivation!!!! :nono:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan is famous for wanting to destroy Clyde Drexlier IN THE FUCKING NBA FINALS- for perceived slights against him.

you guys must just have no type of understanding of NBA history whatsoever.

This Clyde Drexler Quote During The '92 Finals Perfectly Captures Michael Jordan's Dominance

here- Clyde doesnt even WANT to agree with a reporter about a play he made on Michael becuase he was terrified it might get back to Michael.

you guys really need to read more.

After comparisons were made between Clyde Drexler and Michael Jordan throughout the 1992 season, including Sports Illustrated listing Drexler as Jordan’s “No. 1 rival” on a cover the two appeared on together before the playoffs, MJ wanted to settle the argument when they matched up in the finals.

Jordan scored a Finals-record 35 of his 39 points in the first half and set another record with six 3-pointers – the very shot the Blazers wanted him to take – in the first two quarters of the Chicago Bulls’ 122-89 victory in Game 1.

“When my shot started falling from everywhere, I ran to the 3-point line,” said Jordan, who was just 27 for 100 from 3-point range in the regular season and 5 for 16 in the playoffs.

All those first-half points came despite a stretch of more than five minutes at the start of the second quarter when Jordan was on the bench, resting. And they came so thick and fast – and from so far away – that at one point the NBA’s Most Valuable Player nailed a 3-pointer, then gave a shrug as if to say: “What can you do?”

The answer from the Blazers: Nothing.

“I was in a zone,” Jordan said. “The 3s felt like free throws. I took them and they went in.”

The blowout tied for the third-largest in championship-series history, just two points shy of the biggest – Washington’s 117-82 win over Seattle on June 4, 1978.

Jordan made a shambles of the ballyhooed individual battle with Clyde Drexler, who scored 16 points for the Trail Blazers.

On the eve of the Finals, Jordan compared himself to Drexler, who took 338 3-point shots in the regular season and made 114. Jordan said the Portland Olympian was a better 3-point shooter “than I choose to be.”

but but but...wait....it was the NBA Finals!!! Jordan didnt need any extra motivation!!!! :nono:

No where in the article you posted does it reference anything that you mentioned above. Maybe it was from another link?

Either way I read the article you posted and no where does it say Clyde didn't want anything getting back to Jordan. He was having a conversation with the Owner of the team who said he made a great play and Clyde just dismissed it as him being lucky.

Also a huge difference between the START of a finals and headed into the 5th. Reference a time, any time, where Jordan said after 3 or 4 games, where Jordan improved because he was slighted. You won't because Jordan was playing his peak game from game 1. Same situation with Lebron. To assert he needed to improve after game 4 is comical.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha...yah...you guys are shitting on Jordan, LeBron- etc....any player that ever used slights, perceived or otherwise to help fuel there fire. You are asserting some cliche bullshit that has no basis in reality.

like i said- if Klay wants to run his mouth and piss off LeBron again- i am all for it...we all saw how that worked out- but as i said- he PROBABLY learned his lesson;

Dont slight the King.

wow...

"the madder LeClown get, the stronger LeClown get"...:dhd:

guess you think the Dubs are supposed to be terrified of the guy...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, if LeBron need extra motivation to win the NBA finals after 4 games, what the hell does that say about his character? That's a terrible look for LeBron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No where in the article you posted does it reference anything that you mentioned above. Maybe it was from another link?

Either way I read the article you posted and no where does it say Clyde didn't want anything getting back to Jordan. He was having a conversation with the Owner of the team who said he made a great play and Clyde just dismissed it as him being lucky.

Also a huge difference between the START of a finals and headed into the 5th. Reference a time, any time, where Jordan said after 3 or 4 games, where Jordan improved because he was slighted. You won't because Jordan was playing his peak game from game 1. Same situation with Lebron. To assert he needed to improve after game 4 is comical.
we can respectfully disagree on this one.

If you think it was smart of Klay to run his mouth, and that it had absolutely no effect- i think you are certifiably delusional. Calling out the best player in the world for getting his feelings hurt- and being entitled had NO effect? that is LAUGHABLE.

like i keep saying though- i can only hope Klay is dumb enough to run his mouth again...becuase if he does its gonna get shut again by the King.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you think it was smart of Klay to run his mouth, and that it had absolutely no effect- i think you are certifiably delusional. Calling out the best player in the world for getting his feelings hurt- and being entitled had NO effect? that is LAUGHABLE.

like i keep saying though- i can only hope Klay is dumb enough to run his mouth again...becuase if he does its gonna get shut again by the King.

Do you not understand either way that's a bad look?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look, I'm not trying to sway you from your opinion, only explaining what your stance truly means for Lebron's legacy. To suggest he needs extra motivation, mid-series, speaks volumes negatively about him as a player. More so than anyone could really say about him.

You basically said Lebron doesn't have the will and the heart to go full out to win a championship and needed an extra boost, mid-series, to get him to play at his best. IN AN NBA FINALS.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I'm not trying to sway you from your opinion, only explaining what your stance truly means for Lebron's legacy. To suggest he needs extra motivation, mid-series, speaks volumes negatively about him as a player. More so than anyone could really say about him.

You basically said Lebron doesn't have the will and the heart to go full out to win a championship and needed an extra boost, mid-series, to get him to play at his best. IN AN NBA FINALS.

I already have my thoughts on "the King's" actual mental make-up, but i won't start a fight here today...

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you feel it did have an effect, you really can't mention Lebron ever again in the same breathes with some of the all time greats of the game. There is one thing in common with all of the all-time greats is that their success, work ethic and competitive spirit cannot be denied. If you're suggest Lebron had even an ounce of room for improvement based on exterior motivation, other than simply winning a championship, you're excluding him from being named with the greats of the game. That's how much of a slight you're implying on Lebron right now.

Actually MJ used to use stuff like this as motivation. Remember how he trash talked Bryan Russell in the finals? (or was it Byron?)

Bird is another one where 'exterior motivation' would sometimes set him off. (many, many examples)

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another example of 'exterior motivation'

Kobe Bryant recently celebrated the ten-year anniversary of Kobe Bryant's 81-point game vs. the Toronto Raptors. However, his second greatest scoring performance, his 62-point game vs. the Mavericks in 2005, also remains legendary, particularly because he left the blowout after the third quarter and didn't return, prompting questions of why he didn't stay in to make a run at 70.

But what motivated him to come out so lights out in the first place, outscoring the Mavs on his own through three quarters? Turns out it was his old coach from his rookie season, Del Harris, who was with the Mavericks as an assistant in that game.