• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KJ Wright extended!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More to follow when it is available.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just heard, 4 years moneys not known yet he's gonna be interviewed on 710 in about 15 mins

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard it was worth $28 mil. Shows what know, I thought the Seahawks would try to find someone cheaper.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard it was worth $28 mil. Shows what know, I thought the Seahawks would try to find someone cheaper.

Really? Why, KJ is huge for us. He's a true olb monster, has the unique size and speed combo. Also he's bailed us out multiple times sliding into the middle when wagners hurt. He has shut down elite tight ends multiple times now.

Him alongside wagner are a great combo. Since they dont talk as much as the secondary they dont get the pub........

Salary cap is sky rocketing, this does not mean we wont be able to resign wagner or wilson either.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson will get 18-20 mill Wags needs to be resigned. Irvin's contract is up when? I think he is still locked up for another season. Avril might be sent packing, Maxwell i believe is up for a new deal, i think they let him walk. Carp is a free agent ... he prob is gone, Smith is a free agent. He might demand more money than he is worth. Kearse is a free agent, he might look for Baldwin type money, Hawks can not afford that. Lockette is a Free agent, i think they can get him rather cheap. Wow there are a LOT of free agents this year. This team will lose a ton of good players, think god we got some young talent to replace them with.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to worry about how much cap space will be left for other guys. I would personally put Wright below Wilson, Maxwell and Wagner in terms of priority. Maxwell has been an underrated player for the Seahawks and is one of the league's better #2 CBs, he gets overshadowed by Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor, but he has played extremely well for us.

Good to see another one of the key pieces of Seattle's defense locked up, but I worry that it may come at the expense of someone more important.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Why, KJ is huge for us. He's a true olb monster, has the unique size and speed combo. Also he's bailed us out multiple times sliding into the middle when wagners hurt. He has shut down elite tight ends multiple times now.

Him alongside wagner are a great combo. Since they dont talk as much as the secondary they dont get the pub........

Salary cap is sky rocketing, this does not mean we wont be able to resign wagner or wilson either.

This, but at the same time the Seahawks are going to be hit hard with the contracts of Wagner and Wilson up for renegotiation after the season. Maxwell, Avril and Irvin will be in the mix too. Makes me wonder if the brass is willing to let Okung walk when his contract is up. I'm still not sure Lynch will be here next season either, though I'm hoping he will be. Some interesting choices will have to be made for sure, but this shows that the staff believes Wright is one of the major players on this defense and with the success that the FO has had with this team, I will defer to their judgment.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, but at the same time the Seahawks are going to be hit hard with the contracts of Wagner and Wilson up for renegotiation after the season. Maxwell, Avril and Irvin will be in the mix too. Makes me wonder if the brass is willing to let Okung walk when his contract is up. I'm still not sure Lynch will be here next season either, though I'm hoping he will be. Some interesting choices will have to be made for sure, but this shows that the staff believes Wright is one of the major players on this defense and with the success that the FO has had with this team, I will defer to their judgment.

Lynch is under contract for next year. His cap numbers not that big only around 8 i think.

This team has good depth and needs to keep drafting well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxy is over rated people. He is good but i think Simon ( i believe it was Simon ) out played him when he was filling in for Maxy. he just had better man coverage skills not to mention he is faster and he is 6'3" 200+ also 3 years younger with what i believe is a much higher ceiling. He allows the Hawks to go in a different direction if Maxy wants 2+ mill a year. They don't need to pay that with a just as physical but taller and faster player in Simon.... is it Simon i am thinking about???? :gaah:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I figured with Wilson, Wagner, keeping Lynch, that someone had to go and a outside LB is easier to replace then some other positions. I was wrong about the Seahawks going young and cheap here. Don't mind being wrong, I like KJ .

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hail to our FO as they have a plan in mind. I would love to know how the pieces all fit but in PC/JS I trust.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured with Wilson, Wagner, keeping Lynch, that someone had to go and a outside LB is easier to replace then some other positions. I was wrong about the Seahawks going young and cheap here. Don't mind being wrong, I like KJ .
Like you, I like KJ too and I expect more good surprises.
Interesting timing too. It's all good.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not seeing a huge deal cap wise with this move. We are projected over $30 mil under the cap going into next year. With a signing bonus his cap hit is likely only 3-4 mil next year. I think the organization realizes Wilson and Wagner are top priorities and I don't think this deal would be made if they thought it put those two in jeopardy.
KJ is part of the young core and him and Wagner seem to work well together. Its also nice that he can play all 3 linebacker spots in case there's an injury. I am very pleased with this.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K.J. Wright of Seattle Seahawks signs four-year contract extension - ESPN

Linebacker K.J. Wright has agreed to a four-year contract extension

The deal is reportedly worth $27 million.

"I'm just glad they chose for me to stick around. It's a blessing," Wright said. "There were times when I wondered if I would be here or not, but they told me they would find a way to make it happen and they did. I had a number in my head and they exceeded it."

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not seeing a huge deal cap wise with this move. We are projected over $30 mil under the cap going into next year. With a signing bonus his cap hit is likely only 3-4 mil next year. I think the organization realizes Wilson and Wagner are top priorities and I don't think this deal would be made if they thought it put those two in jeopardy.
KJ is part of the young core and him and Wagner seem to work well together. Its also nice that he can play all 3 linebacker spots in case there's an injury. I am very pleased with this.

Yes, I agree that the Seahawks wouldn't jeopardize signing Wilson and Wagner. In fact, it highlights the fact that they want to keep the core guys and have a plan. Signing KJ means one less hole to fill, so they can use the draft for other needs.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First year cap hits for each of those deals will be on the smaller side. By the time the money starts climbing it'll be a couple years down the line and plenty of people earning big $$$ now will be gone. Plus the cap will probably keep going up.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the more core players that they can sign this year, before the cap goes up significantly next year, the better. Once the agents see what the increase in the cap is, they will have more bargaining power to push their player's contracts up.