• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kipr and McShay Podcast for the Skins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are just being stubborn if you think gruden would ONLY use Benjamin if its first and goal from the nine. In fact WR likely SHOULD be the most rotate position on the field followed closely by DB. You realize gruden carried Wr at one point last year right?? I doubt they carried 7 all year and eight at one point just cause it was cool.

and i can get a number 4 wr later . and that was your argument not mine i doubt our number 4 wr sees 20 balls all year

and d/line is the most rotated nowadays

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i can get a number 4 wr later . and that was your argument not mine i doubt our number 4 wr sees 20 balls all year

and d/line is the most rotated nowadays

Our #4 WR saw 46 targets last year. Hell Josh Morgan saw 33 and he was in the dog house all year. So how the heck do you think a kid like Benjamin would only see 20 balls all season.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, im totally fine with protecting the chosen one. I got no issue there. But the way i see it is really POlumbus is not as bad as some want to say in order to foster the idea of OT at all costs. I dont think a rookie would come in and beat him out which means we used the pick on a guy who likely wont see the field any way unles you are starting him simply because you took him at 34. BUt again I see the weakness of our team this season on the offensive side of the ball as redzone WR. Simply put we dont have one. I think that would do alot more for us than an OT we took and started at the 34th pick. I think 34 is too high to draft a RT at this time.

Doesn't matter what player we take at 34, he will be expected to start regardless of his position. Hopefully we are in a position to trade back a few spots to garner another 3rd round pick, take BPA and look for an OT in round 3.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter what player we take at 34, he will be expected to start regardless of his position. Hopefully we are in a position to trade back a few spots to garner another 3rd round pick, take BPA and look for an OT in round 3.

I dont think we should be looking for or pressing for a starter at 34. Which is the main reason I ope we dont even consider an O-lineman at 34. I think if they do go O-line, they over evaluate, likely put a guy in before he is ready. Which is also why I hope we draft at what every one considers a position of strength which i actually consider strong but flawed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we should be looking for or pressing for a starter at 34. Which is the main reason I ope we dont even consider an O-lineman at 34. I think if they do go O-line, they over evaluate, likely put a guy in before he is ready. Which is also why I hope we draft at what every one considers a position of strength which i actually consider strong but flawed.

but they wont over evaluate a # 4 wr ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never claimed a tall WR solved everything, said it was one problem.

Most TEs won't do it. You need a WR that can split out wide one on one against a CB. We have aTE that will be our target between the hash marks.

Play calling probably has a huge influence. But why? was it because we didn't have the capabilities we needed to call a full suite of plays?

What do I want? First, to lay the facts out. 6 red zone TDs by WRs is nothing to write home about. Its piss poor. We have red zone scoring issues. Second, I want to win these close games. To do that we need flexibility and capabilities we haven't had in the past. To claim this isn't an issue, that is being delusional. To also think that adding a talent like Benjamin to our capabilities and it wouldn't make a difference is being delusional.

I don't care who gets benched, if anyone. I want the best players out there regardless of their history or contracts.

again, this isn't an endorsement of Benjamin, per se, but only that we need this capability at crucial times in games and we haven't had a go to guy in the red zone for years. Maybe a 5th round big WR could suffice, I don't know of one.

14 , not 6 of our TDs came in the red zone via the passing game . the pats used 2 tes quite a bit in the red zone and scored almost at will .

the wr doesnt have to be the sole threat in the red zone .

our # 4 wr caught a whopping 18 balls . the next guy caught 20 .

we aquired 2 very good pieces at wr . the other areas , not so much .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 , not 6 of our TDs came in the red zone via the passing game . the pats used 2 tes quite a bit in the red zone and scored almost at will .

the wr doesnt have to be the sole threat in the red zone .

our # 4 wr caught a whopping 18 balls . the next guy caught 20 .

we aquired 2 very good pieces at wr . the other areas , not so much .

I thought last year was the abberation. Where 70% of our passes went to one guy. The year before we had Six people targeted atleast 30 times each. Our top FOUR recieving targets had at least 50 targets each. And again you are insinuating that Jay Gruden is sooo dense he couldnt find a way to use this kid in any situation other than the redzone?? Redzone and 3rd down would be his primary impact granted, but lets not trip and say its the only reason to draft him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they wont over evaluate a # 4 wr ?

Not at all. Because if they do take him its based on his talent, not because we are desperate for a starter at 34.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought last year was the abberation. Where 70% of our passes went to one guy. The year before we had Six people targeted atleast 30 times each. Our top FOUR recieving targets had at least 50 targets each. And again you are insinuating that Jay Gruden is sooo dense he couldnt find a way to use this kid in any situation other than the redzone?? Redzone and 3rd down would be his primary impact granted, but lets not trip and say its the only reason to draft him.

I tell you where else you can use a big WR. 3rd and 6-8 yds for a 1st. This is where the WRs get jammed and our smaller guys have issues with separation at the line. Garcon and Reed are good at this, but you really need another on the other side. Unfortunately, Hank has never really developed this skill although he has the size for it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you where else you can use a big WR. 3rd and 6-8 yds for a 1st. This is where the WRs get jammed and our smaller guys have issues with separation at the line. Garcon and Reed are good at this, but you really need another on the other side. Unfortunately, Hank has never really developed this skill although he has the size for it.

{Sarcasm} We can easily find a productive one of those as a UDFA j_Y {/End Sarcasm}

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't a big pass catching TE do the same thing split out wide? Have you guys seen the workout numbers from ASJ lately? He ran a 4.5 at 270 pounds. Plus a 37 inch vertical at 6-6. That is crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't a big pass catching TE do the same thing split out wide? Have you guys seen the workout numbers from ASJ lately? He ran a 4.5 at 270 pounds. Plus a 37 inch vertical at 6-6. That is crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Sure it would. Im just more a fan of Benjamin, and what a big TE doesnt give us is a few years down the road a guy who can transition into the #1 or #2 WR if Garcon or Jackson are no longer here.

Come on Dean... as much as you resist, you know Im 1/4 Vulcan and my logic at least on this one is rather sound. It may fly in the face of what every one says our "Most Pressing Need" is, but you got to admit my plan has its merits.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. ASJ and Reed can be the next Gronk and Hernandez. Garcon and Jax will be together for at least the next 3 seasons.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. ASJ and Reed can be the next Gronk and Hernandez. Garcon and Jax will be together for at least the next 3 seasons.

Maybe. BUt both Garcon and Jax are 27, in three years it would be nice to have a 6'5" WR to step in who is less than 25.

As for the TE, I actually like Lynch from Georgia who is both a decent pass catcher and a very good blocking TE. Not as much flash as ASj or Amaro, but that aint what Im looking for out of my TEs. And I still think we get more milage out of the WR than the TE spot over the next three years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. BUt both Garcon and Jax are 27, in three years it would be nice to have a 6'5" WR to step in who is less than 25.

As for the TE, I actually like Lynch from Georgia who is both a decent pass catcher and a very good blocking TE. Not as much flash as ASj or Amaro, but that aint what Im looking for out of my TEs. And I still think we get more milage out of the WR than the TE spot over the next three years.

of course the draft ends forever this year and we can never ever draft a wr with size again . both garcon and Djax have about 5 years left so i wouldnt worry too much about them

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course the draft ends forever this year and we can never ever draft a wr with size again . both garcon and Djax have about 5 years left so i wouldnt worry too much about them

Same reason why we couldnt draft a tackle, TE or ILB because this IS IT!!

Now that i got your attention let me ask you something.

If the season started tomorrow. In all honesty name me one spot where we dont have a person in place who could start right now?? I didnt say name me a spot where we dont have a pro bowler. I said a person who could start and we would be ok.

Let me help you out... do we need a starting Safety?? Nope.
How about a starter on the D-line?? Nope sorry think we would be ok there.
Corner.. we got to be short there and in need of a starter... Oh wait we resigned Hall, have amerson and signed Porter. Damn it...

Well surely we dont have any one capable of starting at LB right???

Well I think I just covered the entire defense and gosh darn it, I dont think there is a reason to force a pick any where on there. I mean sure you could draft an ILB, but odds are you dont actually need to at any spot on the defense.

So lets look at the offense..

QB... 3sus.. nuff said.
RB... at 34?? seriously doubt it.
LT... Do I really need to say any thing??
LG... Just signed the lava monster... so I think we are set there.
C..... Maybe....but I dont think lightning strikes twice with centers getting over drafted and actually working out. Besides I expect McGlynn to win the starting spot there with Litch as the backup/swing guard
RG/RT... I group these two together because they seem to be the big woody spots... what every one gets all chubby over. reality is whom ever we pick would likely be a backup because I dont see foester trusting one let alone two rookies as many have called for step in and start. we do have the same O-line coach. And I think he will have a decent amount of pull in this area.

And lastly TE/WR.... Now on the surface we are set. and between the 20s I expect us to be very explosive. In the redzone and on 3rd and 8... not so much.

Bottom line is I think a big WR completes this offense for the most part. A TE could do it to... but I think we get more milage and use out of a WR with some size.

Now Im not saying Benjamin should be the only pick. BUt if he is there, I think he is the best pick for this team because I dont think we should be pushing for, nor do we HAVE to find a starter at 34. If they dont pick him, I will live.....

How ever if they do.... well I got a good TV repair man for you and Dean. :D

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are about to air a segment on Benjamin on nfl network.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are about to air a segment on Benjamin on nfl network.

I have said a few times.. I dont think he will be there for us.... but if he is and we make the pick, I think it would be an excellent pick. I would put Robinson in there as a guy who I would seriously consider, but could see them going elsewhere.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark , our safties are scrubs and couldnt start for any other team in the nfl

our defense has been one of the historically worst for a few years

we need one ilb on offense we need 3 o/lineman

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark , our safties are scrubs and couldnt start for any other team in the nfl

our defense has been one of the historically worst for a few years

we need one ilb on offense we need 3 o/lineman

I agree. We may have bodies at all positions, but some of these bodies would make other teams.