• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kipr and McShay Podcast for the Skins

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Draft - ESPN

Shark you need to listen to this. lol. It just supports what I have said for the last 2 months.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Draft - ESPN

Shark you need to listen to this. lol. It just supports what I have said for the last 2 months.

What you have said for the past two months is that our draft should center around throwing more picks at the o-line to protect our "franchise" QB. And what I have said is if he is as good as he thinks, and truely a franchise QB we would be adding weapons and depth like most other teams with a franchise QB. According to you, we are fine at Wr and need o-line help. So if they throw the O-lineman pick out there, I dont want to hear a single excuse if we dont win the division.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did add weapons for RG3 in the offseason now its time to protect him. How doesn't Moses or Kojo help this offense? Every analyst is saying they must protect RG3. You have been saying getting a RT in this draft is a bad move b/c you think polo and Compton are fine.

We will contend for the division no matter what.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did add weapons for RG3 in the offseason now its time to protect him. How doesn't Moses or Kojo help this offense? Every analyst is saying they must protect RG3. You have been saying getting a RT in this draft is a bad move b/c you think polo and Compton are fine.

We will contend for the division no matter what.

As i have said many times, ours is the only fan base claiming to have a franchise QB on the one hand, but saying that he isnt good enough to play without a stellar Right Tackle on the other hand. If we needed a Left Tackle, I could understand. But we have a serviceable right tackle. Our problem wasnt Polumbus last year. I dont think getting a RT is a bad move, I think passing on a more talented player to get a RT is a bad move. And I think there will be a few more talented players on the board than a RT.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget last year. Rg3 was hurt and we have a different offense now. Polo is not serviceable. He does not fit in to want Gruden wants to do. Why wouldnt you want to protect your QB? it doesn't make sense.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget last year. Rg3 was hurt and we have a different offense now. Polo is not serviceable. He does not fit in to want Gruden wants to do. Why wouldnt you want to protect your QB? it doesn't make sense.

The difference is, Im not over protective of him to the point that I blame every one else for last year. Why wouldnt you want to add more talent at WR or TE?? We have had a top ten ground attack the past two years. So our line is not as bad as you would contend. I guess Im one of the very few people that thinks the real problem wasnt the line so much as the person behind that line.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you keep going back to the shany days. its doesn't mean anything. we have a new offense. Why wouldn't you protect your Qb who you gave up multiple draft picks for? I would add a 2nd pass catching TE b/c that is what Gruden had in Cincy. RG3 was not healthy last year he should even been playing you can be down on him for last season. If the doesn't do well this season then there definitely something wrong b/c he is 100% healthy and has more than enough weapons.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i have said many times, ours is the only fan base claiming to have a franchise QB on the one hand, but saying that he isnt good enough to play without a stellar Right Tackle on the other hand. If we needed a Left Tackle, I could understand. But we have a serviceable right tackle. Our problem wasnt Polumbus last year. I dont think getting a RT is a bad move, I think passing on a more talented player to get a RT is a bad move. And I think there will be a few more talented players on the board than a RT.

Shark, while I'm in agreement with you about RT and Polumbus/Compton for another year isn't the end of the world, your statement about our fan base being the only fan base asking for a focus on protection is again way off. Take a look at what the Indy fans are all calling for.......protection for their franchise QB. Your position on RG3 not needing the best protection the team can provide just because he is our designated franchise QB is just out there, dude. Now I am not advocating that we reach for an OL at 34 at all costs. I have been consistent in calling for BPA at 34. Reaching never works. But there is a good chance that the BPA may be a T. If Moses is there, we take him and don't look back. That has nothing to do with either reaching or picking a player to help mask your perceived weaknesses of RG3. We take Moses at 34 and we have upgraded our team. Just like if we have a shot at Dennard, or Benjamin or Pyror or sua-filo or a host of other players at different positions.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you keep going back to the shany days. its doesn't mean anything. we have a new offense. Why wouldn't you protect your Qb who you gave up multiple draft picks for? I would add a 2nd pass catching TE b/c that is what Gruden had in Cincy. RG3 was not healthy last year he should even been playing you can be down on him for last season. If the doesn't do well this season then there definitely something wrong b/c he is 100% healthy and has more than enough weapons.

Dean, I am fine with protecting the QB. I just dont think we need to go overboard with the we must get a new RT thing.

I dont think the TE is the best move because a WR with some size who is more than a project gives us better options that the TE.

And while you may think our WR group is set, I tend to think we will be a good between the 20 offense and struggle in the redzone. I dont think a second pass catching TE does squadoosh in the redzone because he wont be on the field in the redzone.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can get a tackle in round 3 as well so i wouldnt force the issue . what i dont see, unless its just pure hatred on Rg3 is why wouldnt you protect the guy to the best of your ability ?

we probably could go another year with polo/compton if we cant get value at RT when we pick .

but the notion that a franchise qb doesnt need a solid o/line in front of him is beyond foolishness .

very few qbs can make up for a substandard o/line .(manning / brady /rodgers )

i would much rather have Rg3 focus on his reads and his mechanics then having to worry about whether i can make my 3 step drop before a defender is there to greet me TOO many times over the last 2 years that has happened

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can get a tackle in round 3 as well so i wouldnt force the issue . what i dont see, unless its just pure hatred on Rg3 is why wouldnt you protect the guy to the best of your ability ?

we probably could go another year with polo/compton if we cant get value at RT when we pick .

but the notion that a franchise qb doesnt need a solid o/line in front of him is beyond foolishness .

very few qbs can make up for a substandard o/line .(manning / brady /rodgers )

i would much rather have Rg3 focus on his reads and his mechanics then having to worry about whether i can make my 3 step drop before a defender is there to greet me TOO many times over the last 2 years that has happened

Dude, im totally fine with protecting the chosen one. I got no issue there. But the way i see it is really POlumbus is not as bad as some want to say in order to foster the idea of OT at all costs. I dont think a rookie would come in and beat him out which means we used the pick on a guy who likely wont see the field any way unles you are starting him simply because you took him at 34. BUt again I see the weakness of our team this season on the offensive side of the ball as redzone WR. Simply put we dont have one. I think that would do alot more for us than an OT we took and started at the 34th pick. I think 34 is too high to draft a RT at this time.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More top picked QBs have been ruined by bad OLs than anything else. The QB graveyard is littered with potential franchise QBs that never developed because they were constantly running for their lives or they were looking at the rush and not the secondary. I don't care how talented a QB is, he needs protection. My bone to pick is that Dean and others seem to focus on RT as the problem. The vast majority of our pass protection failures last year came up the middle., not around the edge. More times than not, RG3 didn't have a pocket to step up into. How do you develop your pocket passing skills when their is no pocket?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well part of the pocket collase was Monty and he is gone now which is great. Litch is going back to his natural position. Plus hopefully an upgrade at RT. The pocket should be a lot better this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, im totally fine with protecting the chosen one. I got no issue there. But the way i see it is really POlumbus is not as bad as some want to say in order to foster the idea of OT at all costs. I dont think a rookie would come in and beat him out which means we used the pick on a guy who likely wont see the field any way unles you are starting him simply because you took him at 34. BUt again I see the weakness of our team this season on the offensive side of the ball as redzone WR. Simply put we dont have one. I think that would do alot more for us than an OT we took and started at the 34th pick. I think 34 is too high to draft a RT at this time.

we do have a red zone guy and he is reed . as for the 34th pick beating out polo . i say by the half way point he will

i dont see the need for a tall red zone wr as being a make or break deal for the offense . the o/line with holes at center , OG and RT is a bigger need followed by a reliable TE because paulson took a step back last season as a blocker and paul doesnt have a future

but i wouldnt force a RT pick or a OG pick or a Center pick at 34 but i cant imagine how a tall red zone wr jumps all the needs on defense , the o/line and te after all the work we did at wr in FA

we may have to live without that luxury for a season or 2 or go deeper into the draft

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well part of the pocket collase was Monty and he is gone now which is great. Litch is going back to his natural position. Plus hopefully an upgrade at RT. The pocket should be a lot better this year.

Monte was a problem, but so was Licht. He is undersized (smaller than Monte). No way is he going to be able to handle the 350lb NTs he is going to see. We just rearranged the deck chairs. The FAs we picked up are no better than what we have, we just now have more of them. Our interior OL is in much worse shape than our Tackles. Don't misread this Dean, we could use an upgrade at RT, its just not as pressing as the interior.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monte was a problem, but so was Licht. He is undersized (smaller than Monte). No way is he going to be able to handle the 350lb NTs he is going to see. We just rearranged the deck chairs. The FAs we picked up are no better than what we have, we just now have more of them. Our interior OL is in much worse shape than our Tackles. Don't misread this Dean, we could use an upgrade at RT, its just not as pressing as the interior.

i would agree here , the interior is in far worse shape . steiger is a band aid chester is done , and lavuo could be avg (which is ok because he is good at pass pro )

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree jy19. jy19 if Benjamin, Moses, Kojo, Van Noy, and Attachou are there when we pick at 34, who do you take?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we do have a red zone guy and he is reed . as for the 34th pick beating out polo . i say by the half way point he will

i dont see the need for a tall red zone wr as being a make or break deal for the offense . the o/line with holes at center , OG and RT is a bigger need followed by a reliable TE because paulson took a step back last season as a blocker and paul doesnt have a future

but i wouldnt force a RT pick or a OG pick or a Center pick at 34 but i cant imagine how a tall red zone wr jumps all the needs on defense , the o/line and te after all the work we did at wr in FA

we may have to live without that luxury for a season or 2 or go deeper into the draft

I will simply ask, how many back corner fades did they throw to Reed last year. And as i have stated, Benjamin is more than simply a redzone threat.

For all the work we did at WR, our WR group is still flawed in that we have no size. We are built to be a between the 20's home run threat passing game. BUt I think we have the same issues on 3rd down and in the redzone as we did last year.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree jy19. jy19 if Benjamin, Moses, Kojo, Van Noy, and Attachou are there when we pick at 34, who do you take?

In this order.....Moses, Benjamin, Kojo, trade back.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. good to know.