• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kipr and McShay Podcast for the Skins

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark , our safties are scrubs and couldnt start for any other team in the nfl

our defense has been one of the historically worst for a few years

we need one ilb on offense we need 3 o/lineman

Clark and Merriweather are far from Scrubs, Our defense as a whole should improve if the pass rush is even slightly better.

I will throw you a bone that we could improve the pas protection on the O-line... but three new fat bodies aint going to help the run game which is supposed to be the same.

Again dude I get that we could use upgrades at a few spots on both sides of the ball. But if push came to shove, would you be afraid to go up against ANY team in the division tomorrow with the roster we have today??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark and Merriweather are far from Scrubs, Our defense as a whole should improve if the pass rush is even slightly better.

I will throw you a bone that we could improve the pas protection on the O-line... but three new fat bodies aint going to help the run game which is supposed to be the same.

Again dude I get that we could use upgrades at a few spots on both sides of the ball. But if push came to shove, would you be afraid to go up against ANY team in the division tomorrow with the roster we have today??

I can't say I'm completely comfortable facing the eagles offense with our defense. While hatcher will help in some situations, the eagles quick pass offense puts most of the pressure on the secondary and ILBs. And I'm definitely not comfortable with our ILB situation.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I'm completely comfortable facing the eagles offense with our defense. While hatcher will help in some situations, the eagles quick pass offense puts most of the pressure on the secondary and ILBs. And I'm definitely not comfortable with our ILB situation.

If we played them tomorrow.. i would be xtremely comfortable. They have Riley Cooper, and Maclin coming off a blown knee at Wr. Yes they have Shady and Sproles at RB... but really I think Chip had the benefit of a new offense last year. Much like us in 2012. And I think our pass rush has been improved. I think you get after Foles early and often and Kelly starts to look like Chris Farley on a Friday night in Vegas.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas, are we still talking about Benjamin at #34? Because our "red zone offense" was so bad in 2013? WTF? I like KB3...check that, I love KB3. But just remember the Redskins with a "healthy RG3" were #4 in the league in "red zone offense" in 2012. With a "healthy RG" and the addition of DJax, Roberts and the emergence of J. Reed how in the hell do you you not think our "red zone" offense might be one of, if not the BEST red zone offenses in the league in 2014 without taking Benjamin at 34?

Just sayin'...Hail to you my brothers and sisters its good to be a REDSKINS fan!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas, are we still talking about Benjamin at #34? Because our "red zone offense" was so bad in 2013? WTF? I like KB3...check that, I love KB3. But just remember the Redskins with a "healthy RG3" were #4 in the league in "red zone offense" in 2012. With a "healthy RG" and the addition of DJax, Roberts and the emergence of J. Reed how in the hell do you you not think our "red zone" offense might be one of, if not the BEST red zone offenses in the league in 2014 without taking Benjamin at 34?

Just sayin'...Hail to you my brothers and sisters its good to be a REDSKINS fan!

MItz... I have asked others this question. So I will get your take. Do you think Benjamin would only be a redzone threat?? Word is we are trying to make RG3 a pocket passer. So I dont expect him to have 6 redzone rushing TDs. But lets take that out for a second. Are you saying gruden is so stupid that he wouldnt be able to find a way to use a 6'5" WR in any situation other than in the redzone?? Say on 3rd and long which we SUCKED ASS at last year.

I realize alot of people are DESPERATE for O-line or ILB, or even Safety. But if you dont think Gruden is smart enough to use a guy like Benjamin for more than a goal line target... then we seriously hired the wrong coach. And if we arent running the read option (which apparently we arent any more) we were like really shitty in the redzone last year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way Mitz... two years ago (2012) Tampa thought they had a franchise QB in Josh Freeman, our leading WR in receptions was Josh Morgan, and every one assumed Fred Davis would be a TE who would develop into a perennial Pro Bowler for Washington. So once again, while you might want an OT, ILB or some other pick, lets not pretend a 6'5" WR who has been nothing but a playmaker in college would be a horrid pick for a team which its top three WRs are all 6 foot or less.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MItz... I have asked others this question. So I will get your take. Do you think Benjamin would only be a redzone threat?? Word is we are trying to make RG3 a pocket passer. So I dont expect him to have 6 redzone rushing TDs. But lets take that out for a second. Are you saying gruden is so stupid that he wouldnt be able to find a way to use a 6'5" WR in any situation other than in the redzone?? Say on 3rd and long which we SUCKED ASS at last year.

I realize alot of people are DESPERATE for O-line or ILB, or even Safety. But if you dont think Gruden is smart enough to use a guy like Benjamin for more than a goal line target... then we seriously hired the wrong coach. And if we arent running the read option (which apparently we arent any more) we were like really shitty in the redzone last year.

Benjamin being "only a red zone threat" is just silly. Kid has tremendous upside, but I don't think we should take him at #34 with all our off season additions. Don't forget we signed 6'3" David Gettis this off season as well...and if healthy, this kid has mad skills!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benjamin being "only a red zone threat" is just silly. Kid has tremendous upside, but I don't think we should take him at #34 with all our off season additions. Don't forget we signed 6'3" David Gettis this off season as well...and if healthy, this kid has mad skills!

Problem with Gettis is... he cant stay healthy. Hell for that matter if ribeye can lay off the twinkies he could be one hell of an OG. If K. Robinson could manage not to blow a pec muscle tossing off, we probably wouldnt have signed three ILB's. As much as you guys rail about the chance of us taking him, Benjamin would likely make our WR group one of the most lethal in the Division if not the conference. Honestly I dont think he makes it to 34, but if he does.... I think he should be the pick.