• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiper's First Mock*

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman is right on this one. The likelihood of us trading down and picking up extra picks and Matthews at six is increasing. It is either pick Watkins at 2 or take Clowney or a QB or trade down.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 - Rams - Jake Matthews
#13 - Rams - Mike Evans

ksu would love this!

Yes I do... however, honestly not as much as Watkins at #6 (after a trade with Atl who DESPARATELY wants Clowney) and Kouandjio, Erving or Robinson at #13. But if that is how it turned out where we take Matthews at #2, either Evans or Kelvin Benjamin at #13 would be fine by me.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But your team isn't desperate for a QB, a savior, a hometown kid, and an instant sales boost and jersey revenue.

Can JFF really be any worse than David Carr was?

I see your point, but to risk a first rounder on a guy like Manziel is just not worth the risk. I'd look at the Redskins and try to get Cousins and their first round pick. I could be wrong, but I just don't see Manziel making it in the NFL. Everything he brings to the Texans, revenue wise, will be completely lost if they sign him to a big contract and he bombs.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel at #1? Matthews at #2?? And Bridgewater falling to #8 for the Vikings? I think Kiper must have inhaled too much of his hair spray this morning. No way in hades this happens. Matthews would be a waste at #2 when we could get him later. If the Rams can't trade the 2nd pick, which they've made known is their preference, I'd guess they'll take Clowney or Watkins, or maybe even Barr. It's a joke to even come out with a mock draft at this point. Things will change so dramatically after the combine, and a few days before the draft that absolutely none of this will be accurate.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manziel would go #1 I think it would be great news for the Rams. If I'm Snead I would trade it to the Jags or Browns who you would think would be in a bidding war for Bridgewater. and then I trade that pick to ATL or the Bucs who should be in a biding war for Clowney. I don't think its to crazy to think the Jags might give up their 1st next year to move up one spot to get Bridgewater because they know the Browns have a 1st to trade. can you imaging then getting a first next year from ATL or the Bucs for Clowney and be sitting with 3 #1s next year. then you get your QB next year in a stronger class

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would truly be the best possible scenario. If we could just continue to parlay this bounty from the Redskins trade, we'd be sitting pretty in a couple of years. Gotta take advantage of the opportunities you're given.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point, but to risk a first rounder on a guy like Manziel is just not worth the risk. I'd look at the Redskins and try to get Cousins and their first round pick.

Um, the Skins do not HAVE a first round pick... the RAMS own that one!!

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mtrcougar and boss - This is what I was hoping for. I came to the early conclusion that McNair definitely wanted to lose all his remaining games to secure the #1 pick to get Manziel after he fired Kubiak for benching Keenum in favor of Schaub in the second half of a game Schaub almost single-handedly won.

If they would have won that game, the Rams would be holding the #1 pick. McNair called a press conference the next day to fire Kubiak. What stood out for me, was that at that press conference, the owner of the football team stated that Keenum would be the stater the rest of the way. This was no coincidence in mind.

When Keenum later hurt his thumb and couldn't play in the last game or two, McNair decided that it was time to finally put Ben Tate on injured reserve. This after making Tate play the four previous games with at least three broken ribs. Wouldn't want to risk both Schaub and Tate leading the Texans to a late season win would we?!

Another coincidence?! I think not!

Manziel is the apple of McNair's eye. Now Kiper thinks so too. Let's hope it plays out this way in the Rams favor.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the downside of JFF. What exactly are his off field issues? He signed autographs, thats a good thing in the NFL. He went to frat parties, so do most college football players. He goes to lots of basketball games, I would if I had rich parents too. He took pictures with lots of famous people, I would too. He's friends with Drake and LeBron, so are lots of athletes. He got excused from the Manning passing camp, so did Eli back in the day.

The only off field issues JFF has are getting followed around by media and talked about on tv constantly. Not his fault.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the downside of JFF. What exactly are his off field issues? He signed autographs, thats a good thing in the NFL. He went to frat parties, so do most college football players. He goes to lots of basketball games, I would if I had rich parents too. He took pictures with lots of famous people, I would too. He's friends with Drake and LeBron, so are lots of athletes. He got excused from the Manning passing camp, so did Eli back in the day.

The only off field issues JFF has are getting followed around by media and talked about on tv constantly. Not his fault.

I don't think anyone cares about that stuff. It's more the fact he's 6' 190 pounds and runs around like a maniac. Will he survive the hits. Will he slide and be smart or try to be JF and get hurt.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not the action of signing autographs, it's knowingly signing autographs for money when you know it's illegal. It's flaunting your drinking when he's still underage. He just comes off as a d-bag.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27, we talking about JFF or Russell Wilson?

shopson, you should hear the stories that come out of locker rooms. I know of a certain Jets DT that once tore a bio exam and half and said "this ain't for me" and walked out. When told he was on his last strike he told his head coach he's on his 9th strike and they'll never actually punish him, and he said it right in front of some other team mates. His rookie season turned out well this past year. Johnny may get into some shenanigans but his team mates love him so I'm not concerned.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mutigers - Are you referring to Jets DT Sheldon Richardson?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am betting Fisher didn't have many top 15 draft picks with the Titans, so we really can't compare. The top 5 picks for OTs are much different when drafting 15-20 for OTs.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I think of kiper I remember how much He and others on here loved Jimmy Clausen.

Serious man love!

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, SJ76 and I remember when Vince Tobin back in the 80's during draft day on ESPN responded to Kiper's assertion that the Bears were so bad because they didn't take his advice and Tobin responded on national T.V by stating: "Who in the hell is Mel Kiper anyway?" Every time I see or hear Kiper, I thing of that exchange.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm not supposed to tell specific stories but...
Didn't he get suspended for the...Tennessee game because of it?

I'm more worried abut Manziel's arm strength than anything else. He solves that problem and he starts looking more like Russell Wilson and less like Seneca Wallace