• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kinsler for Kershaw

The Cubs fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was offered Kershaw for my Kinsler. My rotation is weak with greinke on the DL and it isn't that good with him, Niese is my 5 starter whom Kershaw would replace. I also have J. Johnson on the bench since he is hurt. Gallardo and Straus have been under achieving, while Fister and Bumgardner have been over achieving. I have no backup 2B, so Scutaro is the best WW option out there. Is this a deal I should take? it is a ten team H2H league. Also, the person who offered it to me also just made a trade for altuve, so he may withdraw this offer soon.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would do that deal quick before he takes the offer off the table, especially given your staff......he should of canceled it the second he acquired Altuve......

Do you have deep rosters? There should be something better then Scutaro on waivers......

The Cubs fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I accepted. And I'm not sure why I put Scuturo was the best WW available. There is Lowrie, betencourt, rutledge and Prado are the best few available. Which one should I grab?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Kershaw was a great move. Out of those on the wire, I like Prado best, with Rutledge next.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the sounds of this trade i would not be surprised if that owner drops altuve, he is not the brightest person anyways...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be nice, :)

Just some food for thought here. While it is all fine and good to beat the bejeebers out of folks kind of clueless in fantasy, the good feeling wears off pretty fast.

I like to win at fantasy more than most, but, when it becomes "shooting fish in a barrell" easy, it takes all the fun out of it.

JMO

The Cubs fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some food for thought here. While it is all fine and good to beat the bejeebers out of folks kind of clueless in fantasy, the good feeling wears off pretty fast.

I like to win at fantasy more than most, but, when it becomes "shooting fish in a barrell" easy, it takes all the fun out of it.

JMO

2 years ago when Kershaw won Cy young someone in my league dropped him. :laugh3:
I got him and won the league.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years ago when Kershaw won Cy young someone in my league dropped him. :laugh3:
I got him and won the league.

The good Rev should know this scripture:

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I played with children. When I became a man I put 10-team free leagues behind me"

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good Rev should know this scripture:

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I played with children. When I became a man I put 10-team free leagues behind me"

HEY NOW!!!

There is nothing wrong with 10 team free leagues. As long as you pick your participants VERY carefully, and give them reasons to keep playing ( like bragging rights ).

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY NOW!!!

There is nothing wrong with 10 team free leagues. As long as you pick your participants VERY carefully, and give them reasons to keep playing ( like bragging rights ).

I have to say D that even in your 10 team league with good managers, I still feel like a kid in a candy shop every day I look at the waiver wire.

Granted there are no Kershaw drops there but still some tasty choices available.

Haha sorry, I should have added "public" :)
Public leagues suck, have not done one of them since.....I think 2002 was the last one.