• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kicker

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maher was awful in dallas last year,i,m glad washington does not have him kicking.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the drafted kickers over the last several years. Only a handful had the bulk of their career with the team that drafted them. Most ended up having some early struggles to then find themselves looking good a few years down the road.

Yeah- That is exactly what I was saying here. Almost makes you not want to draft a kicker when you look at this stuff. Evan a guy like Cameron Dicker who was a solid college K for 4 years at Texas goes undrafted and gets his opportunity last year when Hopkins went down and out kicked him and won the job this year.

Just seems like so many drafted kickers start slow, team is inpatient with them then they end up elsewhere and end up one of the better kickers in the league and become stable with their "second team", and not the team that drafted them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is still that Maher is cut. I think there are going to be some better kickers become available.

Cade York is intriguing to me even with a shaky PS but the guy is so young and good. Could be another Carlson, Butker, Elliott like moment in his career where he could end up our kicker for a very long time.... That or when one of the Saints kickers becomes available. Just think Payton doesn't want to mess with the inconsistent play of Maher. We will see. If he makes it, I hope he is fantastic.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are among about 5 other teams right now making calls about trades for kickers. Doesn't mean they will pull the trigger but just seems crazy that the hottest market closing in on cut down time is kicker.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They worked out Blankenship last week. It is clear they aren't sold on keeping Maher and his inconsistent play around.

Whoever loses the Saints job is surely going to end up elsewhere. The other big one was Hopkins who the Browns acquired. I still think York will end up with some team and be in the same boat as other kickers drafted who were cut early and then ended up a solid kicker on another team for a very long time. Sneaky waiver claim, IMO is Cade York.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked by anything with the kicker position right now. Teams are seeing the value in having a solid kicker when they lost how many games this preseason in big part because kickers missed what should be gimme kicks 95% of the time.