• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kicker

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at Maher's XP percentage in the playoffs and his missed FG's There was a reason why the guy was on the free agent market until right before the PS started. His season stats were fine.

He is not dependable at all. He has a great leg. He wasn't sitting on the FA market waiting for more money. The Cowboys started going for two and not even attempting short field goals with the guy. It was that bad. He ended the season horribly bad and it has carried over in practice and in the first game. Could be something mentally, reminds me a bit of John Rocker as a pitcher... Something is off with him.

He missed 4 XP's in a game vs the Buccaneers in the playoffs. Hasn't recovered.
Lol, Rocker.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no sold. He had a good night and I hope he is fabulous but he needs to show us he is consistently good. He took a step forward. I am mot rooting against him I am just being honest. There is a reason why he was still on the FA market until PS started and Denver has been vocal about keeping their eyes open on the kicker cutdown tracker. This is reality, not just me.

See if he did enough last night.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no sold. He had a good night and I hope he is fabulous but he needs to show us he is consistently good. He took a step forward. I am mot rooting against him I am just being honest. There is a reason why he was still on the FA market until PS started and Denver has been vocal about keeping their eyes open on the kicker cutdown tracker. This is reality, not just me.

See if he did enough last night.

Well he’s had 2 games in a row where he didn’t miss. And sure he was one of the last FA’s signed signed but as Denver fans how often did we hear “Shelby Harris was on the practice squad before Denver signed him” or “Why would the Jags cut Brandon Marshall(the LB)”?

Hell you love Isiah McKenzie and he did nothing with us but has been an explosive playmaker ever since we cut him.

Point is just because someone struggled at the end 1 season doesn’t mean that’s indicative of who they are. I’m pulling for Maher too and I’m sure the first couple he misses he has people are going to be calling for his head but the fact is if he can kick better than 85% he’ll be the best kicker we’ve had since we won SB 50.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like a broken record so not going to repeat myself but Maher struggles consist of more then just “1 game” anyway yes hopefully his struggles have subsided.

Big difference between Maher vs McKenzie vs Marshall would be age. Maher is a 10 year vet. Marshall and McKenzie were second year guys.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like a broken record so not going to repeat myself but Maher struggles consist of more then just “1 game” anyway yes hopefully his struggles have subsided.

Big difference between Maher vs McKenzie vs Marshall would be age. Maher is a 10 year vet. Marshall and McKenzie were second year guys.
He kicked 90% last year how many “struggles” did he have? Yes we all know the games where he hit the upright multiple times but kickers are known for getting the yips, It’s been prevalent throughout history but I don’t know how you can look at a guy who kicked 90% last year compared to the guy we had who kicked 77% and think we downgraded.

For Maher either you’re correct and he’s lost it or I’m correct and it was just a subpar couple of games and I know we all hope it’s the latter but it’s not like we went from Justin Tucker to Roberto Aguayo.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand the concern people have. I am concerned just like the Broncos are about the Maher we saw after the 90%... Just because Peyton Manning throws 50 TD's in a season doesn't mean he is going to do it at the end of his career too. The struggle was real my friend. The concern isn't made up. It is a legit concern.

I don't know why you keep comparing McManus to Maher. Has someone in this thread called McManus, Justin Tucker?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the record. I hope you're 1000% right that Maher is this glorified 90% FG kicker still. This isn't political. I am rooting for the guy. Just like many others I have my concerns if he can return to old form. This isn't that difficult to understand. Denver is scanning the waiver wire is there something better? Only they can make the decision but I know Maher helped himself last night... I'm not there to watch him everyday in practice but it has been well publicized that there was a concern in practice with him as well. This isn't a one game thing like you seem to think the issue is. Maybe he has corrected it, maybe we go with him week 1 and see how it goes. Maybe he did enough If we base it off his last two PreSeason games then we will keep him if we base it off the entire camp then it is going to come down to him vs what is available on the market. We will see. I'm not rooting against him though if that is what you think. I am just concerned.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. I say get rid of all Field goal kickers problem solved . 2 points . have the punter do the kick off . have a OT punt the Foot ball .... heck have an audition and have a bar tender have the punter job . and make him do kick offs

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back up QB's can do it and save two roster spots

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well throw @LGM in there at long snapper. He can double up as a 3rd string QB.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will denver end up with the loser of Lutz or Grupe?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will denver end up with the loser of Lutz or Grupe?

My answer would be yes until the last PS game. Now I am more on the fence if they will roll with Maher to start. The downfall is whoever loses this job won't be around if you want to make the move later... I think there is still a strong possibility Payton will roll with it since his struggles have also been noted in practice.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns trade for K Dustin Hopkins.

Release young K Cade York who was great in college and solid last year. Had a rough preseason. He will end up somewhere at some point but the type of K that if we do keep Maher wouldn't mind putting him on the PS for a week or so tryout to get a look.

Starting to feel like every good kicker gets cut early in their career and then rebounds to have a good career (Not Roberto Aguayo) but a few names that have done this.

Daniel Carson
Harrison Butker
Jake Elliott
Joey Slye

Potentially
Cade York

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns trade for K Dustin Hopkins.

Release young K Cade York who was great in college and solid last year. Had a rough preseason. He will end up somewhere at some point but the type of K that if we do keep Maher wouldn't mind putting him on the PS for a week or so tryout to get a look.

Starting to feel like every good kicker gets cut early in their career and then rebounds to have a good career (Not Roberto Aguayo) but a few names that have done this.

Daniel Carson
Harrison Butker
Jake Elliott
Joey Slye

Potentially
Cade York

If you look at the drafted kickers over the last several years. Only a handful had the bulk of their career with the team that drafted them. Most ended up having some early struggles to then find themselves looking good a few years down the road.