• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keys to week 1

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit gets to start the season at home and that is huge. If any team needs some early momentum it would be our Detroit Lions!

For Detroit to hang a W on the Vikings they will need to shut down Adrain Peterson! That officially puts me in the Captain Obvious category. But how Detroit does that will be key. Detroit will keep 8 in the box all game every time Peterson is on the field!

The Vikings have some complementary pieces but nothing that could force Detroit out of a run defense. Greg Jennings has had some great years but that is as much to do with Aaron Rodgers as it is his ability. If Houston can shut down Jennings and Slay take the deep ball away from Cordelle Patterson Detroit should shut down the Vikings offense. Pretty simple ABAP...Anyone But Adrian Peterson can beat you.

And I like Kyle Rudolph but I don't fear the guy like Graham, Gronk, Whitten or Gonzales. Quinn and Delmas should be able to bottle him up.

Offensively I think the Vikings take the same approach ABCJ....Anyone But Calvin Johnson. Rotating the safety over the top. Boxing him in with two DBs, just holding him and taking the penalty!

The difference is Reggie Bush. If Detroit shows that they will get him into the flats, split him out to the slot, run some draws, that will keep the Vikings from cheating a safety over Calvin all the time. If Detroit isn't successful getting Bush the ball in space they still will be effective as the Vikings can't ignore him.

Stafford will also need to be kept upright. So goes Riley Reiff so goes the Lions offense. If Jared Allen owns the kid this will be a long day as it will force Bell to be a blocking back or Bush to chip Allen and take the RB out of the passing game. IMO very very bad if Reiff can't handle Allen!

Special Teams will have to be better but I think they are and the punting game should keep the Vikings from doing any real change of field position with Martin's leg.

Ansah back at practice thursday as well so it looks good for his debut.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game will be won or lost in the trenches.

D Line vs. AP on 1st and 2nd down
D Line vs. Ponder on 3rd and long
O Line vs. Vikes D Line

The Lions win 2/3 things the Lions win the game.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Peterson stays a threat on third downs. I don't care if it is third and 20 I would shadow the guy or he takes the screen pass 80 yards and makes it look easy.

Warford announced as a starter?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ansah back at practice thursday as well so it looks good for his debut.

As long as he is healthy, give him as many snaps as you can. Ponder is going to shed some tears.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Peterson stays a threat on third downs. I don't care if it is third and 20 I would shadow the guy or he takes the screen pass 80 yards and makes it look easy.

Warford announced as a starter?

I would tackle him on every play regardless of whether he is near the ball or not.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if Warford has been officially announced as the starter yet, but that's what's widely expected. He took far more reps with the ones during training camp and the preseason than Gandy or Harris did...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ponder has a big game, its going to be a long year.....we need this win to set the tone for the year....really hope AP isnt all over the highlights monday morning with talks about gettin 2K+......no long runs.....i think rudolph will be the one to hurt us.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Vikings can show that Jennings or Patterson need bracketed coverage I think the Lions handle Rudolph with a safety today.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would tackle him on every play regardless of whether he is near the ball or not.

Best post I've read in quite some time. I don't care if Peterson is running in a play from the sidelines -- someone from the Lions should tackle him anyways.

I think the key today is limiting AP -- you aren't going to stop the guy, but if you can limit him to 75-100 yards -- it will make the Vikings work to put up points. Can't give up the big runs.

Offensively -- Reggie Bush will be the key. If he can be a threat out of the backfield and running the ball. It may make the safeties move a little closer to the line of scrimmage, thus opening it up for some deep passes.

Should be fun -- Can't wait to watch!