• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keys to beating SEA

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackle Russell. The end. Their defense has major holes, their OL is trash and their skill players are average collectively at best. Russell is the straw that stirs the drink and the only way that offense functions AT ALL. We need our DL to get to him and contain him. We need Warner and Dre to be disciplined. We need our CB to stay with their assignments.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tackle Russell. The end. Their defense has major holes, their OL is trash and their skill players are average collectively at best. Russell is the straw that stirs the drink and the only way that offense functions AT ALL. We need our DL to get to him and contain him. We need Warner and Dre to be disciplined. We need our CB to stay with their assignments.

I agree their overall team isn't as good as the 49ers....on paper. But on any given Sunday, chit happens. it happens to every team so sooner or later, it'll hit the 49ers. We'd just rather see it against Baltimore or Atlanta.

The basics are the same for every game, it starts with no turnovers and few penalties. The basics also include a good run game, or at least good enough so they defend it whole heartedly. JG doesn't need to pass for 400 yards, but he'll need to convert enough 3rd downs.

On defense stop the run and don't let Wilson outside the pocket. I'm sure there will be enough pressure from our D-line, but don't let him outside the pocket. He is way more dangerous when he gets outside.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to stay disciplined in pass rushing lanes and try and keep RW inside the pocket. He does the most damage when he scrambles outside the pocket and extends plays. The 49ers actually did a good job of this under Fangio with the exception of a couple of games. It was the ineptitude of our offense that cost us

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to stay disciplined in pass rushing lanes and try and keep RW inside the pocket. He does the most damage when he scrambles outside the pocket and extends plays. The 49ers actually did a good job of this under Fangio with the exception of a couple of games. It was the ineptitude of our offense that cost us

Under Fangio, we really didn't. It seemed to me that virtually every time there was a 3rd and long, Russell would scramble out of the pocket and find Baldwin or some other slapdick WR who got open bc RW extended the play another 3-5 seconds.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under Fangio, we really didn't. It seemed to me that virtually every time there was a 3rd and long, Russell would scramble out of the pocket and find Baldwin or some other slapdick WR who got open bc RW extended the play another 3-5 seconds.

There were a couple of games where RW just torched the 49ers but overall Fangio did a good job. The 49ers problem then wasn't the defense, it was the 49ers offense under Harbaugh that could do nothing against Seattle's D. The offense had far too many three and outs and could not put drives together. If you keep giving the ball back to RW and the offense eventually they were going to put something together.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Score more than Sea?

Next gen stats right there...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't be able to stop Carson and won't be able to get off the field consistently on 3rd down. Conversely, without Kittle, they'll have a tough time converting their own third downs and the Seahawks will win.
The one hope I have is we are at home. They seem to play very well at home.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They won't be able to stop Carson and won't be able to get off the field consistently on 3rd down. Conversely, without Kittle, they'll have a tough time converting their own third downs and the Seahawks will win.
The one hope I have is we are at home. They seem to play very well at home.

I think Carson will get his yards too, but not enough that they can dictate. They'll need to pass sometimes and we're able to apply the pressure. The only concern is allowing Wilson outside when pressured.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49'ers will absolutely have to stop Wilson from picking them apart. Seattle's skill position players are all better, faster and more astute, so we'll see.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49'ers will absolutely have to stop Wilson from picking them apart. Seattle's skill position players are all better, faster and more astute, so we'll see.
LOL!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
O- Run Run Pass D- Pass Run Pass

Statistically, Seattle doesn't have a good pass defense, i see it more like O - pass pass run? I'd also expect a few more longer passes than we ordinarily see. Longer passes meaning thrown longer by JG.

For our D they'll start with run run run and see if we can stop them? Same as the Rams and Redskins.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Kittle equals no victory today. Additionally, points will be at a premium tonight without the key to our offense and this rookie dude who replaced Gould will be lucky to make 1 out of 3 in the swirling winds of Levi's Stadium. I'm really bummed. Was hoping to see what we could do against Seattle with all of our pieces in place.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No Kittle equals no victory today. Additionally, points will be at a premium tonight without the key to our offense and this rookie dude who replaced Gould will be lucky to make 1 out of 3 in the swirling winds of Levi's Stadium. I'm really bummed. Was hoping to see what we could do against Seattle with all of our pieces in place.

Well ok, he made his one

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch the ball when its thrown to you.