• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant: Stephen A. is "lying" about Lakers rumors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also with the Durant situation it isn't hard to look at the rosters and see who would have cap space and can fit him in. Of course he's going to have interest in the teams that can pay him.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Stephen A. speculating on where KD might go. Hell, as others have pointed out, until he's signed, there's going to be speculation about where he might go and teams that either have or can easily create the necessary cap space are going to be part of that speculation.

I think the main issue is that what Stephen A. said is a bit more than mere speculation and probably why KD reacted as strongly as he did.

I have never wanted Stephen A. to be right about something as badly as I want him to be right about this. It would throw the Lakers right back in the championship mix. Many, myself included, just don't trust him as a reliable source.

Now, if this had come from Woj.......

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone has a problem with Stephen A. speculating on where KD might go. Hell, as others have pointed out, until he's signed, there's going to be speculation about where he might go and teams that either have or can easily create the necessary cap space are going to be part of that speculation.

I think the main issue is that what Stephen A. said is a bit more than mere speculation and probably why KD reacted as strongly as he did.

I have never wanted Stephen A. to be right about something as badly as I want him to be right about this. It would throw the Lakers right back in the championship mix. Many, myself included, just don't trust him as a reliable source.

Now, if this had come from Woj.......

You must make a thread apologizing to SAS if KD ends up in LA

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming that were to happen, that wouldn't mean that Smith was right about what he said. There is still the fact that Durant denies saying anything and if Durant knows he never said anything, also knows that, but also believes those in his inner circle never said that. It is possible that some one in his family told a third party that they think Durant will go to Los Angels and then the third party ran wild with it. We will really know the truth about what was said to who. I do know from personal experience that people lie all of the time and others tend to believe those lies. Durant would be a pretty nice catch for the Lakers, but He too is running out of time for his best chance of winning a championship with his body contributing significantly and at the end of the season might also feel that the Lakers are too far away from that for him to wait. There is really too many unknowns to be jumping on the Durant coming to LA bandwagon. For one thing I would want to see if he makes it the entire season without another injury. The Lakers went through that with Andrew Bynum. Durant is far more talented and has been considerably healthier, but it is still a wait and see game

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard this midget saying, "Durant should NOT MAKE AN ENEMY OF ME"

Are you serious? Someone get Jim Rome and Steven A Smith in a cage match and televise it please. That's the only time when they would get my attention.

When the media thinks they are bigger than the game, that's when my opinion of you goes way down.

Steven A:

You've never laced them up bro. You are nothing but a midget waterboy that barks about bball with Skip Bayless. You are a writer/sports talk person. That's it. Just report about the game from an unbiased view and STFU

This is nothing but another BS story in an offseason in a sport that has nothing to report about.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the Stephen A. clip and I literally feel terrified for Kevin Durant.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bookmark this.

If KD ends up on the Lakers, not only will I make a thread apologizing to Stephen A. I will also set up a twitter account (something I've sworn I'll never do), and apologize to him via twitter.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bookmark this.

If KD ends up on the Lakers, not only will I make a thread apologizing to Stephen A. I will also set up a twitter account (something I've sworn I'll never do), and apologize to him via twitter.

Even if he does go to LA, that doesn't mean Smith was right. KD could make the decision to join the Lakers later on.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he does go to LA, that doesn't mean Smith was right. KD could make the decision to join the Lakers later on.

It may not mean he's right in the sense that what he posted was actually true. But he would have called it way ahead of everyone else.

Besides, I'd be so happy about the Lakers getting KD, that apologizing to Stephen A. would feel like an honor.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard this midget saying, "Durant should NOT MAKE AN ENEMY OF ME"

Are you serious? Someone get Jim Rome and Steven A Smith in a cage match and televise it please. That's the only time when they would get my attention.

When the media thinks they are bigger than the game, that's when my opinion of you goes way down.

Steven A:

You've never laced them up bro. You are nothing but a midget waterboy that barks about bball with Skip Bayless. You are a writer/sports talk person. That's it. Just report about the game from an unbiased view and STFU

This is nothing but another BS story in an offseason in a sport that has nothing to report about.

Right on the money, this sums this whole deal up.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think these things have a habit of pushing players away from situations. kevin love last year was repeatedly questioned about leaving cleveland. seemed he ended up staying because of it. this isn't the last we will hear of durant to LA or elsewhere. all its going to take is westbrook going down again making them a long shot at playoffs and he will get grilled about it some more. i can see okc taking trade offers at deadline.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way OKC take trade offers is if he tells them there is no way I'm re-signing in the Summer. If that doesn't happen no way will they take offers when they have a championship caliber team

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way OKC take trade offers is if he tells them there is no way I'm re-signing in the Summer. If that doesn't happen no way will they take offers when they have a championship caliber team

I agree. Plus, don't see them being able to get close to full trade value for him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Plus, don't see them being able to get close to full trade value for him.
I am inclined to agree as well, but Oklahoma has had a history of trading anyone that wants more money then they are willing to pay. Oklahoma has had a consistent theme that everyone needs to take less money and not be greedy. James Hardin wasn't willing to go along with that, so If I were a Thunder fan, I would be hoping they intend to keep Durant as their franchise player and pay the bucks

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only guy that wanted more money and they didn't sign was Harden. But they couldn't afford to keep both Harden and Ibaka. They made their decision.

Okc can pay more to keep him than other teams can offer. Westbrook will still be there. And the Thunder hired the coach KD wanted. He's not going anywhere.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bookmark this.

That still doesn't mean Durant said those things and it doesn't mean Smith told the truth which he didn't, but I see you're as confident that I am that's not happening.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am inclined to agree as well, but Oklahoma has had a history of trading anyone that wants more money then they are willing to pay. Oklahoma has had a consistent theme that everyone needs to take less money and not be greedy. James Hardin wasn't willing to go along with that, so If I were a Thunder fan, I would be hoping they intend to keep Durant as their franchise player and pay the bucks

Trading anyone that wants more money? Some of you guys are so clueless as to the cap. OKC has been smart and has managed to avoid the repeat offender tax that went into effect a few years ago. You don't see the Lakers going nuts anymore, those days are over.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading anyone that wants more money? Some of you guys are so clueless as to the cap. OKC has been smart and has managed to avoid the repeat offender tax that went into effect a few years ago. You don't see the Lakers going nuts anymore, those days are over.
I never said it was stupid and in fact I think they were extremely smart about as long as winning a championship is not a priority. For a title, when you get that perfect combination of players that can win - you are going to have to over-pay and it pays off because of the advertisements and other benefits that out weighs the luxary taxes. If they had kept those three other players, I think they would have had one or two championships by now. I really do

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only guy that wanted more money and they didn't sign was Harden. But they couldn't afford to keep both Harden and Ibaka. They made their decision.

Okc can pay more to keep him than other teams can offer. Westbrook will still be there. And the Thunder hired the coach KD wanted. He's not going anywhere.
If they had kept them, the would have won a championship which would have paid off with an increase in ticket prices, advertisements and cable rights - those luxary taxes would have been a small thing and irrelevent

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got to think about how young everyone was at that time, no way they could have predicted the injuries. Harden wanted out and you can't underestimate his ability to be a disrupter. People forget, OKC didn't trade the player Harden has developed into, they traded a young guy that didn't want to play behind 2 superstars. That's his right. OKC will get their title this year, the stars are aligned.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got to think about how young everyone was at that time, no way they could have predicted the injuries. Harden wanted out and you can't underestimate his ability to be a disrupter. People forget, OKC didn't trade the player Harden has developed into, they traded a young guy that didn't want to play behind 2 superstars. That's his right. OKC will get their title this year, the stars are aligned.

Yeah, if memory serves, it was more about Harden not wanting to be considered the "3rd wheel" behind KD and Westbrook than about money.