• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kepernick In The National Anthem

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did Kaep expect people would do? by disrespecting the anthem/flag, he is disrespecting EVERY American.

as everyone agrees in the media, it isn't his message that is wrong, it is the method he's sending it.

According to you...and many people...but that doesn't make it fact. You believe he 'disrespects every American,' and I guess that's your interpretation. I believe he has specifically stated his pov, so I don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

It's like I can say....whenever that national anthem is played before every game, and you are watching on TV, do you stand up, hat off, with hand over heart in your living room? If not, then you're a POS, non-patriot. Why? Because that's my interpretation.

NOTE: I do NOT believe the above statement, as I'm not even American, nor do I care much about the whole upheaval over it all.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to you...and many people...but that doesn't make it fact. You believe he 'disrespects every American,' and I guess that's your interpretation. I believe he has specifically stated his pov, so I don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

It's like I can say....whenever that national anthem is played before every game, and you are watching on TV, do you stand up, hat off, with hand over heart in your living room? If not, then you're a POS, non-patriot. Why? Because that's my interpretation.

NOTE: I do NOT believe the above statement, as I'm not even American, nor do I care much about the whole upheaval over it all.

There is talk that the entire Seattle team will take a knee for the National Anthem before their opener. I blame it on Kaep...as well as all the stuff Alex Smith started ie) ISIS, Zika, Trump, not being able to trust a fart when you're hungover...ect...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're not an American? Just curious about fans from other countries. I am so done with this topic as it has dominated the news since day one. I am bored with it now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yes, it is just my interpretation. it is my interpretation that disrespecting the anthem/flag, is disrespecting every American. Is it too obvious to you that the anthem is similar to the flag, that it represents an entire country?

if someone steps on the flag of your country, you wouldn't care? Anyway, since you're not American, you're interpretation don't count in this case.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

one more thing...stating his pov doesn't make it alright to continue disrespecting everyone. what if another person makes the exact same pov, but his method is shooting cops? does specifically stating your pov make it right?

again, no problem with his message, do have a problem in his method.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is talk that the entire Seattle team will take a knee for the National Anthem before their opener. I blame it on Kaep...as well as all the stuff Alex Smith started ie) ISIS, Zika, Trump, not being able to trust a fart when you're hungover...ect...

Whooa...simmer down there sparky. Isis and Trump and all that is nothing. I've gotta draw the line with the fart thingy.

You're not an American?

Nope. Canadian

yes, it is just my interpretation. it is my interpretation that disrespecting the anthem/flag, is disrespecting every American. Is it too obvious to you that the anthem is similar to the flag, that it represents an entire country?

if someone steps on the flag of your country, you wouldn't care? Anyway, since you're not American, you're interpretation don't count in this case.

Again, it's your interpretation, but Kaepernick has already stated why he's doing it. His cause, to me, is as irrelevant as your interpretation to his action given Kaepernick's explanation of said action.

And lets be serious here...me not being American is again, irrelevant to my hypothetical scenario I posted for you. I think you simply went this direction as to avoid answering the question since now the shoe is on the other foot.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one more thing...stating his pov doesn't make it alright to continue disrespecting everyone. what if another person makes the exact same pov, but his method is shooting cops? does specifically stating your pov make it right?

See now this is just silly. It's YOUR interpretation that Kaepernick's actions disrespect everyone. It is NOT EVERYBODYS interpretation. It is NOT Kaepernick's interpretation, since he stated his views. And comparing this national anthem issue to shooting cops now? One gets some negative press, and overreactions from people on message boards. The other can get you the death penalty in some states.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. My beef other than Kap being a total dickwad is the fact (that I have stated in other posts) that he was just being a whiny bitch about his current situation with the 9ers.He never had an agenda about anything before this crybaby tantrum. Deal with it as anyone needs to but this was just Kap pouting about not being the star QB.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standing for the national anthem is a statement. Kneeling for the national anthem is also a statement. Saluting the flag is a statement just as burning the flag is a statement. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I don't feel that he's disrespecting every American at all. He's just speaking his mind in a way to get national attention. And to his credit, it actually worked.

I can't stand the guy. He's a terrible, terrible player and I want him off this team. But I don't have a problem with what his opinion or how he's exercising his right to make such a statement.