• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kepernick In The National Anthem

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine Dallas(suppose to be America Team... so falsee) signs Kap who hates America. LOL
Kaepernick and the Cowboys deserve each other. Even with Romo down though the Cowboys won't sign him. he just needs to leave SF one way or the other. He's devisive and a bad quarterback. Not a good combination.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have been foolish to keep him even before this nonsense. He was the 4th best QB on the roster. Now with this, he is gone for sure. No team will touch him for sure; not even Dallas.

Dallas seems pretty high on Prescott. I don't think he will end up there. Someone will probably be willing to sign him for the league minimum.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a very good season and his head blew up. He thought he was the NFL's gift to America. He watches too much TV news and obviously got himself caught up in the stupidest social protest ever conceived in our Nation. He's just a dumb kid that has a lot of growing up to do. He also is a bit panicked...he is watching his once promising NFL career slip down the drain. So what does the idiot do? he turns on the garbage disposal.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a very good season and his head blew up. He thought he was the NFL's gift to America. He watches too much TV news and obviously got himself caught up in the stupidest social protest ever conceived in our Nation. He's just a dumb kid that has a lot of growing up to do. He also is a bit panicked...he is watching his once promising NFL career slip down the drain. So what does the idiot do? he turns on the garbage disposal.
Agreed. He never was known for his brains. Seemed kind of stupid to me.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we cut him soon! Or even better, a miracle occurs and we trade him to Minnesota for a 7th rounder...then again I'd be just as happy if we sent his sorry butt to the arena league for a back up PK.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we cut him soon! Or even better, a miracle occurs and we trade him to Minnesota for a 7th rounder...then again I'd be just as happy if we sent his sorry butt to the arena league for a back up PK.
Whatever happens, he needs a fresh start. I believe the decision has been made to go with Gabbert and Kaepernick will play a lot this week only because the 49ers hope to showcase him and perhaps entice another desperate team into biting on his salary.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would Dallas want Kaepernick? They need a quarterback.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea , Kap is pushing the envelope. I'm at a loss as to why other than he wants out of the NFL entirely. I don't care for the guy but I hope he makes it out of San Diego alive tonight.

He acknowledged he is 'sacrificing' himself, and that is his right to do. Not only out of the NFL, but no chance at anything outside of the NFL? The 49ers are forced to hang onto him now, but he won't last thru next off-season.

Good thing his current contract is big.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap is starting a movement. Eric Reid did the same and Seattle CB Lane did the same. see if they get the same treatment. More and more people are starting to agree with Kap. I don't think its right but it will be interesting to see what happens from here on out.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd take an 8th round pick for him. That's how bad I won't him gone right now.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real issue is not even racial oppression. I won't say racial oppression doesn't happen because it does as their are still some lingering ideals from 50+ years ago. Everyone in this country regardless of race though has the opportunity to vote, get an education, and make something of themselves. The system is not designed to favor anyone because of race.

The issue we face today is breaking free from bad stereotypes. If Kaepernick and other NFL players want to actually help then go to the inner city schools and donate money for new textbooks. Talk to these kids who are being raised in a single parent household. Inspire them to say no when the gangs come recruiting and let them know they can make it out of the life they were born into it. So many Black American males and females are simply born into bad situations. Rather than escaping from it they get sucked down into it by their own kind. It's not that they had no opportunity to do something else with their life because of the color of their skin. It's that they were not able to break free from the grasp of those that failed before them.

Kaep and others want to help out then start helping more of these kids to break free from it. Start helping more minorities other than Asians make it all the way through college with good grades. As more and more minorities become educated, working, and contributing members of society you'll see inner city drama slowly degrade and realize how little skin color really matters in the grand scheme of things.

The problem right now is because of the above Black Americans have the stereotype of being lazy, uneducated, violent, and untrustworthy. Before you've even said hello all of those labels have crossed the mind of the person across from you. Instead of just fighting to sale yourself and who you are you're having to fight to break those bad stereotypes. The problem is you can't just ask 99% of the population to just forget stereotypes and go at everyone with a blank slate. Stereotypes exist for a reason and while they can make some damn funny jokes we all laugh at from time to time they can also be an evil holding us all back from being a more cohesive country.

I do love this notion though that other countries don't have this problem. There is no other country as diverse and accepting of it as we are.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The real issue is not even racial oppression. I won't say racial oppression doesn't happen because it does as their are still some lingering ideals from 50+ years ago. Everyone in this country regardless of race though has the opportunity to vote, get an education, and make something of themselves. The system is not designed to favor anyone because of race.

The issue we face today is breaking free from bad stereotypes. If Kaepernick and other NFL players want to actually help then go to the inner city schools and donate money for new textbooks. Talk to these kids who are being raised in a single parent household. Inspire them to say no when the gangs come recruiting and let them know they can make it out of the life they were born into it. So many Black American males and females are simply born into bad situations. Rather than escaping from it they get sucked down into it by their own kind. It's not that they had no opportunity to do something else with their life because of the color of their skin. It's that they were not able to break free from the grasp of those that failed before them.

Kaep and others want to help out then start helping more of these kids to break free from it. Start helping more minorities other than Asians make it all the way through college with good grades. As more and more minorities become educated, working, and contributing members of society you'll see inner city drama slowly degrade and realize how little skin color really matters in the grand scheme of things.

The problem right now is because of the above Black Americans have the stereotype of being lazy, uneducated, violent, and untrustworthy. Before you've even said hello all of those labels have crossed the mind of the person across from you. Instead of just fighting to sale yourself and who you are you're having to fight to break those bad stereotypes. The problem is you can't just ask 99% of the population to just forget stereotypes and go at everyone with a blank slate. Stereotypes exist for a reason and while they can make some damn funny jokes we all laugh at from time to time they can also be an evil holding us all back from being a more cohesive country.

I do love this notion though that other countries don't have this problem. There is no other country as diverse and accepting of it as we are.

Yes, this is the approach versus dissing your flag and expecting the Government to generate 'significant change'.

Significant change can only come from the people, from the families up. It will take generations to get some results, but a start is better than no start.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith is correct....the national anthem/flag means something different for everybody. Didn't care for the extra distractions, nor do I believe in Kaepernick's cause. He has every right to do what he's doing, and it's somewhat frightening how venomous people are towards his actions.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex Smith is correct....the national anthem/flag means something different for everybody. Didn't care for the extra distractions, nor do I believe in Kaepernick's cause. He has every right to do what he's doing, and it's somewhat frightening how venomous people are towards his actions.

what did Kaep expect people would do? by disrespecting the anthem/flag, he is disrespecting EVERY American.

as everyone agrees in the media, it isn't his message that is wrong, it is the method he's sending it.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Marshall of the Broncos took a knee during the National Anthem. This is officially going to be a thing all year long.