• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kepernick In The National Anthem

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for freedom of political expression but refusing to stand for the National Anthem is doing something to purposely offend people. I can only assume that he wants out of SF. His performance on the field furthers that idea for me.

I say "good riddance". This free fall that began with his panic attack at the end of the Super Bowl which cost the Niners that game has reached the point of no return. Give him an opportunity for a fresh start somewhere else. My guess though is that sooner, rather than later, he will just be completely out of the NFL. Then he can sit freely and ponder about all the horrible things this country has done to him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm all for freedom of political expression but refusing to stand for the National Anthem is doing something to purposely offend people. I can only assume that he wants out of SF. His performance on the field furthers that idea for me.

I say "good riddance". This free fall that began with his panic attack at the end of the Super Bowl which cost the Niners that game has reached the point of no return. Give him an opportunity for a fresh start somewhere else. My guess though is that sooner, rather than later, he will just be completely out of the NFL. Then he can sit freely and ponder about all the horrible things this country has done to him.

i'll have to agree on political expression and his 'getting out' of SF. But when and how he chose to express his political view, is highly questionable? Getting out of SF won't be that easy right now, for one we'll need another team that wants him badly. For another thing we simply don't have another QB, unless we depend on Driskell and Ponder as back-ups?

We'll see how much Kaep plays next week, or if he starts? that will be telling.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it now. Kap has been oppressed in this country and that's why he sucks an NFL football player. Need to know info.:thumb:

Hope all that money is going to his oppression charities.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll have to agree on political expression and his 'getting out' of SF. But when and how he chose to express his political view, is highly questionable? Getting out of SF won't be that easy right now, for one we'll need another team that wants him badly. For another thing we simply don't have another QB, unless we depend on Driskell and Ponder as back-ups?

We'll see how much Kaep plays next week, or if he starts? that will be telling.
Cut him and be done with it.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have been cut already. He's worthless on the field but a 15 million dollar headache off of it. I'm all for standing up for what you believe in but doing it while disrespecting the very people that give their lives for your privileged freedom? No place for that type of behavior.

The 49ers should make a strong show of respect toward those that fight for our freedoms and cut ties with Kaepernick. I would not be surprised if no one picks him up after this as well. No one will want him as a starter so he'd have to take far less money to be a backup or hope someone gets hurt and a team is desperate. Next year? You're a QB who's team cut you that got minimal if any playing time for a full season. He might get brought in a camp arm but goodluck being a starter and getting a big contract ever again.

Kaep should write a book on how to play yourself from the Super Bowl to out of the league.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“I’m going to continue to stand with the people that are being oppressed. To me, this is something that has to change. When there’s significant change and I feel like that flag represents what it’s supposed to represent, this country is representing people the way that it’s supposed to, I’ll stand.”

'significant change' for something like this is broad and complicated, it'll takes generations for even small changes. He'll be WAY out of the NFL before he sees significant change. This next game might be his only opportunity to remain seated?!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is screwed up. Wouldnt shock me if he gets cut. Guy hasnt played in a year and his 1st game back he does this. I have no clue whats going through his head. The weird thing is he has been doing this for 3 pre season games and this is the only one that got attention.

2nd Im getting sick of this black lives matter shit. All lives matter. Here is a little fun fact: This year there has been more police killing of white Americans then Black Americans. So stop with this crap. ALL LIVES MATTER. Doesnt matter what color you are. Also Its time to take care of our Vets who served this country. I dont want to get into politics on this board so i want speak about it again.

If I offended anyone I am sorry. This is my opinion and it wont change. I feel everyone matters in this country. Police Brutality affects everyone.

Not standing up for you country and Flag I dont agree with. There were better ways he could made a stand.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kaepernick really wants to help the situation why not donate 10 mil or so of that 15 million he's not earning this year, but will get anyway, to a cause that supports this type of thing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kaepernick really wants to help the situation why not donate 10 mil or so of that 15 million he's not earning this year, but will get anyway, to a cause that supports this type of thing.
I agree not standing for our Flag makes no sense. He just doesnt think things through.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the chatter about him not making the final roster is really starting to grow. First there was Glazer's tweet yesterday and now Maiocco is saying the same thing this morning.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the guy having a point of view it's his right. I don't agree not standing for the national anthem, it's really not fixing the problem. Why not talk about the issue during interviews, donate money to helping educate at risk youth that they do have another way and even donate the money to set up scholarships for at risk students so they can better their lives and help create the change needed to stop the violence.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the chatter about him not making the final roster is really starting to grow. First there was Glazer's tweet yesterday and now Maiocco is saying the same thing this morning.
They would have been foolish to keep him even before this nonsense. He was the 4th best QB on the roster. Now with this, he is gone for sure. No team will touch him for sure; not even Dallas.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm fine with the guy having a point of view it's his right. I don't agree not standing for the national anthem, it's really not fixing the problem. Why not talk about the issue during interviews, donate money to helping educate at risk youth that they do have another way and even donate the money to set up scholarships for at risk students so they can better their lives and help create the change needed to stop the violence.

agree, and haven't read anyone else disagreeing either? No one has an issue with the INTENT of his message, because we ALL think 'enough is enough'.

The issue is the manner/method in which he's doing it, he's mixing apples and oranges by disrespecting the anthem. Then he expects everyone to understand his position?! No, you should apologize and admit your method is wrong, afterward you can still send your message thru the media. But continuing to defy public opinion is dooming his own self.

You will never see significant change, that won't happen for generations, if ever? There is no way for the Government to correct this issue, there is no law that can fix this problem. No amount of Federal funding will create 'significant change'.

"significant change" has to start with the people, from the ground up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have been foolish to keep him even before this nonsense. He was the 4th best QB on the roster. Now with this, he is gone for sure. No team will touch him for sure; not even Dallas.
Imagine Dallas(suppose to be America Team... so falsee) signs Kap who hates America. LOL