• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kenny Giles.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when things were looking dim at the farm a new prospect is emerging. Kenny Giles is testing the radar gun for the Reading Phillies. His top recorded speed has been 101 MPH. He constantly hits the gun at 98 to 99 MPH. He has eleven strikeouts so far and has faced just 15 hitters. He is 4 for 4 in saves. He had control issues in the past but is working on developing a slider as a 2nd pitch. That is already helping him with his control issues. He could be our future closer if he keeps it up. I hope they bring him up to the iron pigs before the season is over. He could be a set up man next year and then take over for Paps the following season. He is 24 yrs old so that means Amaro probably won't hold him back. I hope this guy stays healthy!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure you're not talking about Sid Finch?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure you're not talking about Sid Finch?

Sid Finch! George Plimton actually had some people fooled with his creation of Sid Finch. The teacher who posed for pictures as being Finch had the ugliest bony left foot that I ever saw. (he only pitched with one shoe on.) Finch was hyped as throwing the ball at 168 miles per hour. I think it would be even more interesting if they found a catcher to handle him! LOL.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's right. I forgot he pitched barefoot

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giles sounds like what they need though. middle relievers that throw 100mph are very useful now that starters don't pitch as far into games. That was the difference between winning and losing in the games against Milwaukee and Texas. And those guys make a little less money and are harder to buy. You can always buy a starter, like the Yankees do but you can't buy a middle reliever that throws that hard. The best you can do is get a guy who has had some success and hope he can do it again, like Mike Adams.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giles sounds like what they need though. middle relievers that throw 100mph are very useful now that starters don't pitch as far into games. That was the difference between winning and losing in the games against Milwaukee and Texas. And those guys make a little less money and are harder to buy. You can always buy a starter, like the Yankees do but you can't buy a middle reliever that throws that hard. The best you can do is get a guy who has had some success and hope he can do it again, like Mike Adams.

Giles pitched in spring training. he gave up 1 run in 4 innings while striking out 5. However he did walk 3 guys. They sent him back early so he could work on a 2nd pitch. (Slider.) Once he perfects that he should be productive! HE WOULD BE CHEAP FOR YEARS TO COME.