• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kenny Britt to New England

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need anyone. Short of an elite guy, I don't want anyone. The young guys are all we need.

Which is exactly the opposite of what 99.9% of Pats fans were saying all damned season long.

"Give Brady somebody, anybody!"

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is exactly the opposite of what 99.9% of Pats fans were saying all damned season long.

"Give Brady somebody, anybody!"

I never did. I said that this past season the passing attack would be about throwing guys into the fire for the future, and that the stats weren't going to be awesome, but have maintained consistently that I was happy with the weapons we had.

Forcing balls to guys was a necessary step to building chemistry with that much turnover, and one that will be well worth it this upcoming year as it has time to pay off.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's getting less help by the day. :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the idea of a "No Excuses" thread. The Broncos have spent $110M on four players. Add Manning's $20M (which he wouldn't restructure) and you have 5 guys holding 40% of the cap this year. The other 48 have to divy up the remaining dollars. As it stands, the Broncos have a bunch of guys in their rookie contracts and that's allowing them to spend. If they don't win, the whole thing could collapse.

The Patriots have signed guys also. but none of them have guarantees. The scary one is Revis who gets $25M next year if the Pats don't cut him and they can't come to any kind of agreement on a contract. The Pats get Hernandez's $7.5M cap hit back next year just to start out.

Been reading that cap will go up approx. $10M a year for the next 3 years.

BigKen the Broncos have not spent $110 million on 4 players. This is like people saying Joe Flacco is actually going to see every penny of his $120 million contract. NFL contracts are not like any other sport in all other Pro Sports from what I understand all contracts are fully guaranteed. The NFL even guaranteed money isn't guaranteed. Now that the actual nuts and bolts of some of these contracts have come out people are figuring out they are very incentive driven. The Broncos could get out of any of the contracts except DeMarcus Ware after one year without taking a ton of dead money on the deal. Heck Revis costs you guys $5 million next year no matter whether he is on the team or not. Talib has a $4 million dead money if he is cut yet if he stays on he doesn't cost the Broncos $25 million next year.

I do agree that the Broncos do not have any excuse unless there are some major injuries that just derail the season. It does happen to teams. Look at the Patriots the year after going 18-1 with Tom Brady going down week one. Say something similar happens where Peyton goes down then all bets are off obviously.

Now as for the Broncos Cap after this season. First off Peyton has told Elway that if he needed he would restructure his contract. When the Broncos still have around $10 million in cap space right now why in the world would they restructure and just push more money onto another year? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! This would be like going to Tom Brady and telling him to restructure his deal right now when they still have a decent level of cap space. Only idiotic teams would do something so stupid! As for the Cap moving forward the Broncos are in fine shape. None of the players they just signed are huge Cap Hits that they can't work around. First off most know Peyton maybe has 2 years left before he retires. That is $20 million in Cap Space right there. With the Cap going up about $10 million over the next couple of years that is another $20 million. Then throw in the Broncos are predicted to have about $40-55 million in Cap Space next year along. I think that is plenty of room to move money around as they need to. You do understand that with the Cap they can pay a player without that actually being his Cap Number right? I mean you guys did just have Revis take a deal where he is making $12 million to play this year with only a $7 million Cap Hit. So all the Broncos have to do is schedule some of the bigger Cap hits to hit when Manning retires. Simple math.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the idea of a "No Excuses" thread. The Broncos have spent $110M on four players. Add Manning's $20M (which he wouldn't restructure) and you have 5 guys holding 40% of the cap this year. The other 48 have to divy up the remaining dollars. As it stands, the Broncos have a bunch of guys in their rookie contracts and that's allowing them to spend. If they don't win, the whole thing could collapse.

The Patriots have signed guys also. but none of them have guarantees. The scary one is Revis who gets $25M next year if the Pats don't cut him and they can't come to any kind of agreement on a contract. The Pats get Hernandez's $7.5M cap hit back next year just to start out.

Been reading that cap will go up approx. $10M a year for the next 3 years.

They're all in for sure....I actually like some of the palyers, especially PM is one of favorites in the league, and HC John Fox is a cool dude....But while I don't begrudge the players of anything, I would hate to see that horse tooth Elway win anything......He owes his only success to Terrell Davis anyway and now he thinks he's a GM.....:stephena:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're all in for sure....I actually like some of the palyers, especially PM is one of favorites in the league, and HC John Fox is a cool dude....But while I don't begrudge the players of anything, I would hate to see that horse tooth Elway win anything......He owes his only success to Terrell Davis anyway and now he thinks he's a GM.....:stephena:

I'm pretty sure he has finished runner-up for GM of the year 2 or 3 times now since he started. Not too bad to start off his career. Also he did go to 3 Super Bowls before Davis ever came into the picture so I think he had plenty of success without Davis. Yes Davis (and many others that are now in the HOF) helped him to get over the top but it just goes to show no quarterback can do it on their own. When Brady was winning his Super Bowls they had top 10 running games and defenses. When Peyton won his really his defense helped get him there in the playoffs.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't that mean you hate yourself? :hammer:

I'm not a fan. In general I like the guy on a personal level but certainly don't pull for him to do good. In other words, last season was a pure delight for me and I hope to see more barely-average play from him next season too. I love seeing his reputation tarnished.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan. In general I like the guy on a personal level but certainly don't pull for him to do good. In other words, last season was a pure delight for me and I hope to see more barely-average play from him next season too. I love seeing his reputation tarnished.

ha I know you aren't a "fan". I am the same way really. I like Brady but I am not a fan. I tend to hate certain players/teams more based on how annoying the fans are but from what I have seen around here, there are many good Pats fans that don't act like he is Jesus. Hell we all know how many asshole Steeler fans there are out there too so they count just the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with signing him at the league minimum and see if he can behave. If he can't make it in New England he'll never play again.